Baylor Postgame Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Baylor Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thinking she might have been too busy checking her watch.

ricky gervais laughing GIF

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This +100000000000.

If the pundits want to anatomize contact on one play...let's anatomize contact on every play.
I agree. I think I've said it 100 times but I think it bears repeating. If you're a good enough team no single call, no single play, no biased referees should keep you from victory. Was it the most important play of the game? Yeah. But there were plenty of fouls called on UConn that were questionable early on. Later in the game the worm turned and UConn got the calls. Get back to me when androids replace referees, Until then live with it.

Reaction Score
look at the whole play, first contact is AE’s hand on the ball

ExsLycjWYAcoCOX

I mean it was a foul but they didn't call fouls on both teams all game.

They game flipped when Didi went out and UCONN went on to carve them up on a 19-0 run but helluva job by Baylor to get back with a chance to win it.
I thought it was all ball. Lol

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I know it has always been his strategy to use a small rotation but I wished he would have given Evinana rest or two. I think she ran out of gas in the second half. Maybe about 3 minutes of Anna?

Reaction Score
ExsLycjWYAcoCOX

I mean it was a foul but they didn't call fouls on both teams all game.

They game flipped when Didi went out and UCONN went on to carve them up on a 19-0 run but helluva job by Baylor to get back with a chance to win it.
Clean block by Edwards with hand on the ball, but obviously ONO got her on the elbow. You could maybe argue that the elbow contact is inconsequential since the shot has already been blocked. But that’s the UConn blue glasses perspective.

Reaction Score
Great game. I was hoping UConn would foul on the last play (so Baylor would miss the foul shots), but luckily the Baylor player hands hit the UConn player hands and she lost her balance and fell backwards. :D

[levity when reading the above]

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
At the end of the 3rd when the score was minus 2 I said in the chat that this was gut check time for both teams. Then Baylor went up by 9. When UConn went on a 19-0 run that was really the game right there. UConn passed the gut check test with flying colors.

Reaction Score
Anyone watching the second game? Either of these teams are going to be overmatched against UConn.
I hate to sound mean but this was the game for UCONN, the next game will be much easier IMO. Indiana and Arizona are not near Baylor's level but both are very good teams.

Reaction Score
It was technically a foul, but not in that game.

Paige dealt with more contact every time she drove to the basket.

Williams dealt with more contact the okay before that was a no call.

if it isn’t a foul on one end, it’s not on the other.

A let them play style suited Baylor far more than UConn..they can’t then whine about the refs letting them play.

Reaction Score
At the end of the 3rd when the score was minus 2 I said in the chat that this was gut check time for both teams. Then Baylor went up by 9. When UConn went on a 19-0 run that was really the game right there. UConn passed the gut check test with flying colors.
I still wonder why Kim didn't call time out.

Reaction Score
This was one of the most exciting college basketball games I’ve ever seen, and I’ve been watching the game since the early 1960’s (and I’m a native New Yorker, so I’ve seen a lot.)
I thought Carrington was extraordinary, against the finest defensive team in America. And, if she thought she was jobbed by the referees, she has lots of time to go back to Waco, Texas, and mull that over. (I’m not really sure where or what a Waco is.)
And, for the people who are whining about the refereeing, I thought the refs were really consistent in their calls. I don’t think you can ask for much more.
Go, Huskies!

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Glad to see everyone made it through and is still breathing! That was an instant classic. When was the last time UCONN pulled out a squeaker like that?
Survive and advance! I admire the grit of these kids. And hats off to Baylor. Talk about a tough group of kids. Wish we had met in the FF.
A quick recovery to Didi!
This year Tennessee and South Carolina

Reaction Score
I'm gonna say no. But that's assuming the momentum would have continued in the same direction. We knew there was going to be one more UConn run. Don't think anyone thought 19-0 though. That was a classic UConn run we're used to seeing against lesser competition that blinks and finds themselves down 20.
They did have a 14-0 run in first quarter.

Reaction Score
Baylor seems to have rough luck with major injuries in the NCAAT or right before it over the years. Someone always seems to go down with an injury.

Reaction Score
It was technically a foul, but not in that game.

Paige dealt with more contact every time she drove to the basket.

Williams dealt with more contact the okay before that was a no call.

if it isn’t a foul on one end, it’s not on the other.

A let them play style suited Baylor far more than UConn..they can’t then whine about the refs letting them play.
Yep. Letting them play always benefits the physical team, and UConn is not one which is why Baylor has had their way with us in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom