Baylor Postgame Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Baylor Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Paige was already scoring before Didi went out.

Agree, BBallF. The refs were horrible. The charge on Aubrey, should have been a block on Didi, who was in the circle. Queen Egbo didn't have a foul until halfway though the 3rd quarter, the 3rd quarter. With all the physical play, how did that happen. There should have been more fouls on Baylor. Rebecca said the refs let the players know that it was going to be a physical game. What happened to what Debbie Antonelli talked about? having more flow, greater freedom for the offensive players to move. Certainly not in this game. Congrats, Aubrey for taking the charges against Carrington. Congrats, UConn. It wasn't easy, but you won the game.
I don't understand how this is missed so often. There is literally a line drawn on the floor to make the call easier.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Lets give a shoutout to Aubry, some great Defensive stops

I thought for long stretches Carrington was the hungriest player on the court
who wanted the game more than anyone else...but Aubrey neutralized some of her aggressiveness, just enough

And Aaliya when she was back in...important plays and boards on both sides of the court.

And yes, Christyn missed foul shots at he end...but throughout, she was fearless
scoring amongst the threes. A quiet 21 points...all needed.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, the referees are afraid to make calls at end of game. The shooter got hit in the head/face with an arm as she was shooting. That was a foul.
Driving into a double team didn't help her cause.

In real time, it looked like a good no call because I thought she was trying to buy a call after hitting a dead end. In slo mo you can see it's a foul.

I am fine with Baylor not getting the call from a karmic perspective because that was a terrible offensive possession. Good D by UConn but Baylor has to come up with a better play there.

Reaction Score
Let's hope next game the team can get into a good frame of mind and get their mojo ready for the final. A game against an easier opponent is perfect for that while South Carolina and Stanford slug it out just to make the final.

Reaction Score
I gotta admit. I'm proud of Olivia. She literally held her own. We all know Edwards was gonna hold hers.

As much as we can blame the refs. The game was pretty much no calls on both sides. I've seen Baylor get away with some. UConn got away with some.

The game changed when Didi got injured
Thought ONO played well with the exception of the unnecessary fouls. It could have really cost us

Reaction Score
I have no sympathy for Baylor on that last no foul call. I mean come on. I realize the timing sucks, but Baylor put themselves in that position, and there were plenty of fouls that could have been called on Baylor. How many times did we hear "they're letting them play?"
No doubt! Geno admitted that UCONN was getting "manhandled" witout calls. If the refs put the whistlle away, then they couldn't call the foul at the end.

Reaction Score
I must admit, in the chatroom, I said "game, set, match"...right before the 19 point run. Glad I didn't turn off the tv!!!!!!
If there was a UConn foul on that last possession, oh well, bout time we got the non call because Paige was getting beat up pretty badly.
Great game.
GENO CAN COACH IN CLOSE GAMES!!!!!
I felt the same way during the game and posted as such in the chat room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members