Baylor Postgame Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Baylor Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Baylor contributed to their loss. They forgot they have a Player of the Year candidate they ignored for most of the 4th quarter. I’m just glad this game is over
Right on the money.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I must admit, in the chatroom, I said "game, set, match"...right before the 19 point run. Glad I didn't turn off the tv!!!!!!
If there was a UConn foul on that last possession, oh well, bout time we got the non call because Paige was getting beat up pretty badly.
Great game.
GENO CAN COACH IN CLOSE GAMES!!!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Baylor contributed to their loss. They forgot they have a Player of the Year candidate they ignored for most of the 4th quarter. I’m just glad this game is over
Got to give it to Aubrey for her defense on Smith. Smith got all kinds of out of sorts with Aubrey in her face.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Survive and advance. I could not be more proud of this team. Unbelievable. What a comeback and what a win. I need to go change my clothes LOL. I'm a sweaty mess!

This will go down as one of the greatest wins in a non NC game ever. UCONN had just one more play in them than Baylor. It will take some time to process this game, but IMHO, just a tremendous all around team effort. I'm pretty emotional right now, as I'm sure the team is as well.

A stressful, gut-wrenching come from behind win and to hold them off at the end, OMG - WCBB could not have asked for a better game. I could have - I mean for me, it would have been better for my blood pressure to win by double digits, but OMG just WOW...
Gotta disagree @EricLA about one thing. The ref crew kept Baylor in the game. A dirty game uncalled. Properly ref'd it would have been a 20 point MOV for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Come man she jumped into her but more calls went Baylor’s way than UConn’s and I’m not a one to complain about the ref’s but like you said was not a very well called game
At that point in the game, you just take the whistle out of your mouth. Good no call. Compared to the other no calls all game long, it was a great no call.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
This reminded me of the "Thriller in Manila," an epic struggle where those involved will carry memories and feelings from this game for years to come. Awesome game. Congratulations to our gutsy and determined ladies.

Reaction Score
I have no sympathy for Baylor on that last no foul call. I mean come on. I realize the timing sucks, but Baylor put themselves in that position, and there were plenty of fouls that could have been called on Baylor. How many times did we hear "they're letting them play?"

Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Baylor game:
  • Considering that 2 of the top 3 defensive teams in the country were playing each other, it sure didn’t look like it after they combined to put up 50 pts in the 1st qtr.
  • It was great to see the Huskies come out hot, but Baylor is too good a defensive team, so it was always going to be a grind it out game.
  • The game changed when Aaliyah went out for UConn and Carrington came in for Baylor. From then on Baylor started crashing the boards and ramped up their defense.
  • The game changed again when Richards popped a hamstring, allowing Paige to get some room to maneuver on offense.
  • What a great defensive stop by the Huskies to come away with the victory.
  • That was incredibly stressful. I’m sure glad it’s over
  • UConn advances to the 13th FF, although none of them were quite as hard as this one.
Paige was already scoring before Didi went out.
Couldn't disagree more. Terrible officiating all the way through. No consistency at all.
Agree, BBallF. The refs were horrible. The charge on Aubrey, should have been a block on Didi, who was in the circle. Queen Egbo didn't have a foul until halfway though the 3rd quarter, the 3rd quarter. With all the physical play, how did that happen. There should have been more fouls on Baylor. Rebecca said the refs let the players know that it was going to be a physical game. What happened to what Debbie Antonelli talked about? having more flow, greater freedom for the offensive players to move. Certainly not in this game. Congrats, Aubrey for taking the charges against Carrington. Congrats, UConn. It wasn't easy, but you won the game.

Reaction Score
I gotta admit. I'm proud of Olivia. She literally held her own. We all know Edwards was gonna hold hers.

As much as we can blame the refs. The game was pretty much no calls on both sides. I've seen Baylor get away with some. UConn got away with some.

The game changed when Didi got injured

Reaction Score
167135732_3152879981481471_6095983747017546731_o.jpg

Against all odds (and the refs ?)​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads