Baylor Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

Baylor Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Baylor game:
  • Considering that 2 of the top 3 defensive teams in the country were playing each other, it sure didn’t look like it after they combined to put up 50 pts in the 1st qtr.
  • It was great to see the Huskies come out hot, but Baylor is too good a defensive team, so it was always going to be a grind it out game.
  • The game changed when Aaliyah went out for UConn and Carrington came in for Baylor. From then on Baylor started crashing the boards and ramped up their defense.
  • The game changed again when Richards popped a hamstring, allowing Paige to get some room to maneuver on offense.
  • What a great defensive stop by the Huskies to come away with the victory.
  • That was incredibly stressful. I’m sure glad it’s over
  • UConn advances to the 13th straight FF, although none of them were quite as hard as this one.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Survive and advance. I could not be more proud of this team. Unbelievable. What a comeback and what a win. I need to go change my clothes LOL. I'm a sweaty mess!

This will go down as one of the greatest wins in a non NC game ever. UCONN had just one more play in them than Baylor. It will take some time to process this game, but IMHO, just a tremendous all around team effort. I'm pretty emotional right now, as I'm sure the team is as well.

A stressful, gut-wrenching come from behind win and to hold them off at the end, OMG - WCBB could not have asked for a better game. I could have - I mean for me, it would have been better for my blood pressure to win by double digits, but OMG just WOW...

Reaction Score
Thanks God we win .. Paige is our hero 28 and CW also a hero 21 pts.

1617066564143.png

Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Baylor game:
  • Considering that 2 of the top 3 defensive teams in the country were playing each other, it sure didn’t look like it after they combined to put up 50 pts in the 1st qtr.
  • It was great to see the Huskies come out hot, but Baylor is too good a defensive team, so it was always going to be a grind it out game.
  • The game changed when Aaliyah went out for UConn and Carrington came in for Baylor. From then on Baylor started crashing the boards and ramped up their defense.
  • The game changed again when Richards popped a hamstring, allowing Paige to get some room to maneuver on offense.
  • What a great defensive stop by the Huskies to come away with the victory.
  • That was incredibly stressful. I’m sure glad it’s over
  • UConn advances to the 13th FF, although none of them were quite as hard as this one.
How do you allow C Williams to make that last foul shot???? Miss it! Come on Geno.

Reaction Score
Baylor losing composure with the Richards injury obviously was huge, but Andrews had a lot of freshmen moments down the stretch too, including the last possession.

I think two fouls on the Baylor shooter down the stretch were ignored but probably could have called one on a Bueckers drive also.

I don't know what possesses officials to worry more about offensive foul play acting than the shooter getting mauled, but that's how the game has evolved.

Reaction Score
Great game by Baylor!!! All of those players gave everything and heart breaks for Didi—I hope she heals quickly! I’m so happy for our team!!! So much to celebrate for now! But seriously...
1617066662582.gif

? GO HUSKIES!!

“In a world where you can be anything... be KIND”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members