Baylor & no TV | The Boneyard

Baylor & no TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Has any station--ESPNU, ESPNews, FS, NBCSP,CBSSP, etc.--RELENTED TO PUT ON THIS SHOWCASE?
Are you sending cards and letters and Facebook rants and Twitter protestations, and, and, and?

Reaction Score
There's three options that I'm aware of:

SNY, if you're lucky enough to be in their coverage area (I'm not).

Online streaming using College Sports Live, which requires a registration and a subscription fee of about $10 a month.

Online streaming (on your personal device or on your TV via Amazon Fire TV, Netflix, etc.) using the ESPN App if you subscribe to a cable package that includes ESPN.

Wow, that last one's a mouthful!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not to get all Obi Wan on you, but, "there's another". If you have Sling TV it's going to be on ESPN3. Not only that but Sling has added the ACC network so all of you closet 'domers can watch your girls, too.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score

Online streaming using College Sports Live, which requires a registration and a subscription fee of about $10 a month.

Online streaming (on your personal device or on your TV via Amazon Fire TV, Netflix, etc.) using the ESPN App if you subscribe to a cable package that includes ESPN.

Very nice survey of options BC.
A bit of clarification. On your computer's browser, go to ESPN Watch (formerly ESPN3), select the proper date and sport, look for Uconn vs Baylor, click on that. The site will ask you for your TV provider (cable or satellite); choose yours (if you your service plan includes ESPN) and put in your username and password for that provider. You should then get full coverage streamed to your computer.
Some other program providers come with your TV (my Samsung does) or, as BC noted, subscription providers like Amazon Fire/Prime, Hulu, etc) Surf them for ESPN and look for the ESPN Watch choice.
At one point I used my computer to get the game streamed, then sent it to my Samsung tv; now I just get to ESPN watch on the Samsung.
Good luck

Reaction Score
Thursday night is football night for ESPN. They're not bumping Fleener State vs. South Central Louisiana Community-Technical College for any sort of women's basketball.

Actually it's a pretty big game (Houston v Louisville), but no matter. ESPN has multiple channels -- I doubt they will have something very compelling on ESPNU.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, Kimmey is just sayin' it another way, don't you know. The other way is this, my fav (along with Kara's mock down!)

She's an okay coach in a target rich environment who has not developed a lot of talent who came her way; but she knows how to appeal to red neck fans.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

SNY has national distribution, but typically on the extended sports package. But just about every sports bar in the country has it available if you don't subscribe yourself.
People are making this into a big deal and it is just pretty standard fare for WCBB. With the ESPN streaming option, at least half the houses on any street in America can watch the game if they want to.

Reaction Score
She'll be whining to the zebras early and often tomorrow night !

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Just download the ESPN WATCH app on any device (I have it on my cell and ipad). easiest thing to do (as long as you have cable!)

Downloaded it years ago it's the best to watch any game on ESPN any time - including ESPN 3. best part is the stream is clean and clear and the games are archived for additional viewings. couldn't be easier this year since all SNY games will be on ESPN 3

Oh btw there's no charge...as long as you have a cable provider!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Thursday night is football night for ESPN. They're not bumping Fleener State vs. South Central Louisiana Community-Technical College for any sort of women's basketball.
C'mon. That game is for the coveted Boiled Okra Cup.

Reaction Score

That pretty well sums it up. Luckily SnY does not black out Uconn BB. I get it on Directv--
In the not too distant future you'll be able to dial in the channel you want where ever it is. The technology is there--it has been for many years.

Reaction Score
People are making this into a big deal and it is just pretty standard fare for WCBB. With the ESPN streaming option, at least half the houses on any street in America can watch the game if they want to.

Standard fare that a 76-game winning streak could end and not be on a major cable channel? That's not standard. It's poor.

By the nature of my job I certainly understand costs and benefits, but it would seem that ESPN would see value in generating interest in WCBB now, as they will be broadcasting the tournament later. A quality game if it happens = exciting. End of a streak if it happens = historic.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Standard fare that a 76-game winning streak could end and not be on a major cable channel? That's not standard. It's poor.

By the nature of my job I certainly understand costs and benefits, but it would seem that ESPN would see value in generating interest in WCBB now, as they will be broadcasting the tournament later. A quality game if it happens = exciting. End of a streak if it happens = historic.
It is only a seventy six game winning streak - call me when they get it up somewhere near the record - just old news right now. :rolleyes:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You just got me salivating for Cajun Gumbo--okra and all.
Fried okra delicious. Boiled? Ugh. The juice has the constituency of snot, with the occasional seed. A thoroughly repulsive sight and taste. If you really can't wait, just catch a cold, sniff back and reminisce.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
I'm loving it because I get Eric Frede and Meghan Culmo calling the game and Sue Bird in studio! I'll take that over ESPN. #MulkeySulky

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
I have been a Directv subscriber for years and am fortunate to have access to SNY, BTN, SEC, Fox Sports, ESPN channels, etc. If it's televised I'll probably be able to watch it (unless it's raining profusely in my neighborhood).

And.....Baylor loses tonight as our women play a great game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Has any station--ESPNU, ESPNews, FS, NBCSP,CBSSP, etc.--RELENTED TO PUT ON THIS SHOWCASE?
Are you sending cards and letters and Facebook rants and Twitter protestations, and, and, and?
No why? It's on SNY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog