Baylor & no TV | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Baylor & no TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
most UConn fans will miss a lot of games, most WCBB fans will see other UConn "big games" cause they'll be on the ESPN network.

get these channels, wires and electronics in order... its a long season ahead

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just some info on ESPN WCBB coverage in the regular season:
1. 44 games of their own production on ESPN or ESPN2
2. 20 games of their own production on ESPNU
3. Access through their free streaming service to a ton of additional games on: SNY, Longhorn Network, ACC Network, SEC Network - both live and archived.

In total, ESPN has provided nationwide access to over 100 WCBB in the week since the start of the season. That is great. I remember when cable started and everyone was up in arms over some sports contest not being available on free over the air-waves broadcast channels. Then we had complaints when cable sports networks started using their programming to leverage gaining expanded channel access to the cable company packages. Now we are getting complaints about them providing access only through streaming options. I understand everyone's desire for free and easy access, but Uconn needs to make money for their very expensive sports programs, ESPN, SNY, and on-line services need to make money for the expense of providing their services, so somewhere along the line they need to get paid. Most serious sports fans get extended sports packages at least for the part of the year that their favorite sport is in season and the cost is an extremely reasonable $10+/- per month to do so - less than the cost to see one movie, or to park your car attend one game in person. On top of that, with ESPN providing free streaming access to most customers who get cable access to their flag ship stations, something like 89 million cable subscribers have free access on mobile devices or home PCs.

People need to rejoice in the huge expansion of availability of WCBB - push for more, fine, but stop whining. (Remember when Uconn/TN was the only game being broadcast every year? We are doing OK.)

Reaction Score
I do not know if this was previously mentioned by Direct TV offers a sports package that includes SNY and a bunch of other sports channels for $13.00 per month. I subscribe and DVR each game as I watch so that I can view it again or if I miss the game.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Just some info on ESPN WCBB coverage in the regular season:
1. 44 games of their own production on ESPN or ESPN2
2. 20 games of their own production on ESPNU
3. Access through their free streaming service to a ton of additional games on: SNY, Longhorn Network, ACC Network, SEC Network - both live and archived.

In total, ESPN has provided nationwide access to over 100 WCBB in the week since the start of the season. That is great. I remember when cable started and everyone was up in arms over some sports contest not being available on free over the air-waves broadcast channels. Then we had complaints when cable sports networks started using their programming to leverage gaining expanded channel access to the cable company packages. Now we are getting complaints about them providing access only through streaming options. I understand everyone's desire for free and easy access, but Uconn needs to make money for their very expensive sports programs, ESPN, SNY, and on-line services need to make money for the expense of providing their services, so somewhere along the line they need to get paid. Most serious sports fans get extended sports packages at least for the part of the year that their favorite sport is in season and the cost is an extremely reasonable $10+/- per month to do so - less than the cost to see one movie, or to park your car attend one game in person. On top of that, with ESPN providing free streaming access to most customers who get cable access to their flag ship stations, something like 89 million cable subscribers have free access on mobile devices or home PCs.

People need to rejoice in the huge expansion of availability of WCBB - push for more, fine, but stop whining. (Remember when Uconn/TN was the only game being broadcast every year? We are doing OK.)
well said... I don't care about "your budget" "the govt" "cut the cord" etc. its basketball season they know it so adjust properly. Everyone knows SNY is UConn main station why not atleast make sure that's secure for the season.

I recall purchasing the WNBA stream thing for 12.00 or so... I didn't watch one game lol smh but I'm not going into foreclosure.

Reaction Score
well said... I don't care about "your budget" "the govt" "cut the cord" etc. its basketball season they know it so adjust properly. Everyone knows SNY is UConn main station why not atleast make sure that's secure for the season.

I recall purchasing the WNBA stream thing for 12.00 or so... I didn't watch one game lol smh but I'm not going into foreclosure.
Living in Texas, all I have to say is THANK YOU SNY! Another great season of watching UConn basketball!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
which channel is the LSU game on tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom