Baylor & no TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
No why? It's on SNY.
I love SNY.

I have been a Directv subscriber for years and am fortunate to have access to SNY, BTN, SEC, Fox Sports, ESPN channels, etc. If it's televised I'll probably be able to watch it (unless it's raining profusely in my neighborhood).

And.....Baylor loses tonight as our women play a great game.

Likewise and this is why I will NEVER get rid of DirecTV plus since they merged with AT&T you get so much extra stuff without cost. FXnetworks.com... Simpsonsworld.com... plus all UConn games what more could you really ask for?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I love SNY.

Likewise and this is why I will NEVER get rid of DirecTV plus since they merged with AT&T you get so much extra stuff without cost. FXnetworks.com... Simpsonsworld.com... plus all UConn games what more could you really ask for?

Longhorn Network (which I have for no extra fee as a DTV Sports Pack subscriber) and NFL Sunday Ticket with Red Zone Xhannel (which I have and happily pay for, all in HD).

Some people get competitive about who their respective TV providers are and who is better, but I have been a DirecTV customer since January 2008 and have loved every second of it. If you have someone different and feel the same way, more power to you.

Reaction Score
SNY has national distribution, but typically on the extended sports package. But just about every sports bar in the country has it available if you don't subscribe yourself.
People are making this into a big deal and it is just pretty standard fare for WCBB. With the ESPN streaming option, at least half the houses on any street in America can watch the game if they want to.

at least half the houses on any street in America can watch the game if they want to.[/QUOTE]
If you say half the houses on any CITY street in America--I could agree.
Harrisonburg tried to "wire" the city at least twice--and failed twice--I haven't followed the saga lately.
Only recently have I had SnY---.
Streaming on my radio to radio internet connection--just Ain't the best for viewing. at times.
Sports bars?? Try putting Uconn WBB on the TV in any of the JMU occupied sports bars.
Fibre optic-s apparently is only for cities or towns close by--800 ft of it run through my property--without access.

Reaction Score
Fried okra delicious. Boiled? Ugh. The juice has the constituency of snot, with the occasional seed. A thoroughly repulsive sight and taste. If you really can't wait, just catch a cold, sniff back and reminisce.
Gumbo without okra--ain't no Gumbo at all. Gumbo is "thickened" in one of two ways---okra or sassafras leaves (gumbo file). Most La NOrlins (New Orleans for Yankees) use Okra--
I grind my own Sassafras leaves add my own (New Orleans) spices then clean out the refrigerator with a can of tomatoes cook for 1/2 hour --salivating again.

You'd probably turn your nose up at Philippine (phonetically)Bal look.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Gumbo without okra--ain't no Gumbo at all. Gumbo is "thickened" in one of two ways---okra or sassafras leaves (gumbo file). Most La NOrlins (New Orleans for Yankees) use Okra--
I grind my own Sassafras leaves add my own (New Orleans) spices then clean out the refrigerator with a can of tomatoes cook for 1/2 hour --salivating again.

You'd probably turn your nose up at Philippine (phonetically)Bal look.
No, and you can't make me.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
I'm loving it because I get Eric Frede and Meghan Culmo calling the game and Sue Bird in studio! I'll take that over ESPN. #MulkeySulky

Geno Show 1/2 hour before game on SNY.

Unfortunately, for us west coast folks we can't enjoy :(

California is great I love it here but I get homesick over just 2 things...

Pizza and SNY coverage of UCONN :p

Reaction Score
No, and you can't make me.
There are ways and there are ways--just because you are from Brooklyn does not mean you've seen them all!!!
Philippine bar treat---egg with embryo buried for a number of years--top of egg cut open==suck out contents. That's a TREAT. How does that compare to okra//

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, for us west coast folks we can't enjoy :(

California is great I love it here but I get homesick over just 2 things...

Pizza and SNY coverage of UCONN :p
I miss (here in Va) NY neighborhood bakeries, Ny pizza, and hot sunday morn bagles--my wife converted me.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
I miss (here in Va) NY neighborhood bakeries, Ny pizza, and hot sunday morn bagles--my wife converted me.

Pizza-Bagels.jpg

JordyG

Reaction Score
There are ways and there are ways--just because you are from Brooklyn does not mean you've seen them all!!!
Philippine bar treat---egg with embryo buried for a number of years--top of egg cut open==suck out contents. That's a TREAT. How does that compare to okra//
i-think-my-qpwkhw.jpg

JordyG

Reaction Score
Today was a Starbucks and a buttered bagel from Murray's. Yesterday was a small banana creame from a local. Yeah, I'm rubbing it in below skin deep. Whatcha gonna do about it?

Reaction Score
I have been a Directv subscriber for years and am fortunate to have access to SNY, BTN, SEC, Fox Sports, ESPN channels, etc. If it's televised I'll probably be able to watch it (unless it's raining profusely in my neighborhood).

If you have access to ATT U-verse they also offer SNY as part of their extra sports package. I'm in SC and watch all the mens and womans games that are on SNY. Now if only they would stop blocking out the Mets :(

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
SNY has national distribution, but typically on the extended sports package. But just about every sports bar in the country has it available if you don't subscribe yourself.
People are making this into a big deal and it is just pretty standard fare for WCBB. With the ESPN streaming option, at least half the houses on any street in America can watch the game if they want to.
Sports Bars: you are correct. That is where I went years ago. Even if you don't drink, go and order a soda and a snack.

Reaction Score
Today was a Starbucks and a buttered bagel from Murray's. Yesterday was a small banana creame from a local. Yeah, I'm rubbing it in below skin deep. Whatcha gonna do about it?

Thanks a lot!! My wife read this and packed her bags. She's looking forward to an '
"egg cream" whatever that is??????

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
...I grind my own Sassafras leaves add my own (New Orleans) spices..l

When I was a small boy, my dear Missouri grandmother would make me a cup of sassafras tea. It was a sublime treat. Ever tried it?

Reaction Score
When I was a small boy, my dear Missouri grandmother would make me a cup of sassafras tea. It was a sublime treat. Ever tried it?
My rural route Mail Man cuts me Sassy branches and I dry out the leaves and then pound them into powder. A number of drinks used Sassafrass --part of lost history.
Thanks B.B. do I prepare it like regular tea--straight or milk and sweetener (sugur)???

Reaction Score
"egg cream" whatever that is??????

Nothing directly to do with eggs or cream.....basically it is a chocolate or vanilla soda. Early on there was nothing better than playing stick ball or basketball all day and taking a break to head to the candy store for an egg cream!

Later on.....an egg cream and breakfast sandwich was a pretty good hangover helper. :)

JordyG

Reaction Score
Nothing directly to do with eggs or cream.....basically it is a chocolate or vanilla soda. Early on there was nothing better than playing stick ball or basketball all day and taking a break to head to the candy store for an egg cream!

Later on.....an egg cream and breakfast sandwich was a pretty good hangover helper. :)
Chocolate milk, vanilla syrup and seltzer water. A Brooklyn staple. You can however get a vanilla egg cream.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Oh yeah man.

Reaction Score
does ESPN really think more people want to see Liberty vs Coastal Carolina mens basketball ? or is there some limit to their WBB contract ?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
My rural route Mail Man cuts me Sassy branches and I dry out the leaves and then pound them into powder. A number of drinks used Sassafrass --part of lost history.
Thanks B.B. do I prepare it like regular tea--straight or milk and sweetener (sugur)???

My Grandmother took a few sticks of the sassafras and simply boiled it with a dab of sugar. When the boiling mixture was strained then cooled a bit in the cup, we always added maybe a teaspoon of sugar. It tasted like nothing else. In the dark days of the depression, rural folks made this tea instead of pekoe tea or coffee, as neither was as freely available.

Reaction Score

I was indoctrinated in Middle Village, L.I., NY.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
remember... there will be a whole season of games on SNY, I don't understand the moaning... suddenly we're friendly to the ESPN Network smh

Reaction Score
remember... there will be a whole season of games on SNY, I don't understand the moaning... suddenly we're friendly to the ESPN Network smh

1. Most Out of state UConn fans dont get SNY
  2. Wcbb fans and general sports fans outside the northeast don't get SNY
One of the best, biggest games of the year was not easily available to many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom