Baylor loses | The Boneyard

Baylor loses

Reaction Score
Queen Egbo fouled out early. Baylor couldn’t find their rhythm with her out.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
with eveyone having a different offseason no one is ready roll day 1 like usual.
Who knows what this season will look like.

I have faith geno will have eveyone as prepared as possible

Reaction Score
How about Coach Neighbors and the ladies of Arkansas!! Coach working that same magic in Arkansas that he did with the Washington Huskies. One of the most underrated coaches in the game..IMHO. Huge win for that Arkansas program.

Reaction Score
I watched from the end of the 3rd quarter to the end of the game and my first thought was they are both pretty good teams (acknowledging that seeing them for less than a half isn't much to base an opinion on) but nothing very scary in terms of whether they could beat UConn. My second thought was, well, dang it, I haven't seen UConn play the first minute and have no point of comparison to decide how we'd match up with either of them. Which is deeply frustrating.

Reaction Score
I thought Baylor was going to clamp it down in the 4th, but that didn't happen. (That's how they beat UConn last year) Baylor and SC lost a couple of key players that will be hard to replace. Louisville looked like the number one team against Depaul, but not so much against Tenn-Martin. Jaz Shelley started the first game for Oregon and did nothing, and is now the 2-3 off the bench. Freshman PG Te-Hina Paopao started all 4 for Oregon. She might be the real deal. Hold on for a wild ride

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Although to me Baylor looks slow as a team, they had 24 assists on 31 made shots. They shot pretty well and out rebounded Arkansas 51-38. But boy, TO, fouls, and just sloppy defense hurt them all night. Their guards didn't seem to be able to contain Arkansas off the dribble all night. These problems though are correctable. Baylor isn't out of anything yet. Not by a long shot. Mulkey plays the long game. I've never been a big Queenie fan, but she has to stay on the floor for them to win. Tough win for a gritty Arkansas team that shot well from the line and got some calls at home. Ramirez at the end was so enthusiastic it was great to see. I actually saw her drive to the basket a few times tonight. She's knocked around with three teams now, and this was probably the biggest win of her BB life.

Reaction Score
Although to me Baylor looks slow as a team, they had 24 assists on 31 made shots. They shot pretty well and out rebounded Arkansas 51-38. But boy, TO, fouls, and just sloppy defense hurt them all night. Their guards didn't seem to be able to contain Arkansas off the dribble all night. These problems though are correctable. Baylor isn't out of anything yet. Not by a long shot. Mulkey plays the long game. I've never been a big Queenie fan, but she has to stay on the floor for them to win. Tough win for a gritty Arkansas team that shot well from the line and got some calls at home. Ramirez at the end was so enthusiastic it was great to see. I actually saw her drive to the basket a few times tonight. She's knocked around with three teams now, and this was probably the biggest win of her BB life.
What was her third team? I thought she went to TCU and then transferred to Arkansas but I certainly could be wrong.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Arkansas has watched and learned well the art of "throwing themselves" into the opposing players...did someone say 30-39 from the charity stripe? :rolleyes:

It starts with having guards who are fast and have excellent change of pace and don't fear big posts (or anybody for that matter) because they can always get angles and leverage on them. And they are 3 point threats so you cant sag off them. I thought is was a brilliant display. And sprinkle some Baylor exasperation and attempts at bullying.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Baylor looks lost. Nothing happening there but they were in the game. Alot has to happen. Foul trouble big time, no point guard or leadership, no flow or chemistry and their defense is weak and gives up to easy. There are alot of teams that need alot of work if they are going to be top 5 or top 10. UConn Stanford LVille right now look good. The rest of the top 10 are almost a tossup

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Baylor looks lost. Nothing happening there but they were in the game. Alot has to happen. Foul trouble big time, no point guard or leadership, no flow or chemistry and their defense is weak and gives up to easy. There are alot of teams that need alot of work if they are going to be top 5 or top 10. UConn Stanford LVille right now look good. The rest of the top 10 are almost a tossup
That's the main thing I saw. When I heard Didi Richards was going to be running the point for Baylor this year I knew they were in trouble. Didi is a good passer and top shelf defender but not a PG. Baylor might as well take their lumps and elevate Andrews into that role.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom