Baylor hire? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Baylor hire?

Reaction Score
Hopefully they enter the portal.....

delighted.gif
Well, I know for sure that one of them reached out to another SEC school after the season and put out grad transfer feelers before she ultimately decided to stay in Athens. Could get interesting for sure.

Reaction Score
Hopefully they enter the portal.....

delighted.gif
We can use two of them lol.

But idk how Joni would fare at Baylor. Rising coach as of lately. But how will she keep Baylor successful after they lose Smith and Queen... Can she keep Dauda. Can she out recruit Vic in Texas

Reaction Score
Did TheBallOut.com say who the "shocking big-name coach" is? I couldnt find anything on their site.

Reaction Score
The Michigan coach; the Indiana coach; the Iowa coach; the Arkansas coach; countless of them out there.

Reaction Score
Did TheBallOut.com say who the "shocking big-name coach" is? I couldnt find anything on their site.
Does anyone here actually sign up for their free insider? I just don't feel like signing up but it seems like its just some tease and they aren't that connected? If its free its fine to post here but I don't get the sense they have a ton of info

Reaction Score
Ballout just said Taylor personally texted them to say she was contacted by Baylor but she has no interest and is staying at Georgia.

Reaction Score
The Michigan coach; the Indiana coach; the Iowa coach; the Arkansas coach; countless of them out there.
I believe the Ark coach has kids with his unmarried partner. Seems like a deal breaker for Baylor.

Reaction Score
There is zero logic, any connections, or reason to leave UCONN for Baylor

Kim at least lived in Louisiana majority of her life, has a lot of strong connections, and has family locally.
The logic is they want the best coach in basketball. They don’t care about ties or reasons

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I’m so glad Joni Taylor is staying at Georgia. I didn’t really see her leaving because she seems like she likes Athens and her players love her.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I believe the Ark coach has kids with his unmarried partner. Seems like a deal breaker for Baylor.
I keep tellin' y'all, my dark horse candidate would be PERFECT for Baylor and Waco. Move over Joanna Gaines.

SnoopySmugKoi-size_restricted.gif

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I’m so glad Joni Taylor is staying at Georgia. I didn’t really see her leaving because she seems like she likes Athens and her players love her.
Me too; I never saw her as a fit at Baylor.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Last edited:

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Baylor candidates: (that SICEM seems to be talking about the most)

1. Joni Taylor - Doesn't appear to be interested. Next.

2. Sytia Messer - Good choice, but always concern about promoting from within. Could be considered a lazy pick, tho those are not always bad.

3. Molly Miller - No Division 1 experience. Seems to be below Baylor standards, but if she's bad she'll be quickly disposed of similar to Nikki McCray Penson and only 2 or 3 years are wasted. Seems to be a no biggie/doesn't hurt to try kinda thing. If Baylor history holds strong, they won't slide down to an unrecognizably bad level. I'm not advocating for her hiring, just not sure who Baylor really has at this point.

I'm guessing Geno, Jeff, Brenda, and Dawn aren't coming. And it doesn't appear they really want Close.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Baylor candidates: (that SICEM seems to be talking about the most)

1. Joni Taylor - Doesn't appear to be interested. Next.

2. Sytia Messer - Good choice, but always concern about promoting from within. Could be considered a lazy pick, tho those are not always bad.

3. Molly Miller - No Division 1 experience. Seems to be below Baylor standards, but if she's bad she'll be quickly disposed of similar to Nikki McCray Penson and only 2 or 3 years are wasted. Seems to be a no biggie/doesn't hurt to try kinda thing. If Baylor history holds strong, they won't slide down to an unrecognizably bad level. I'm not advocating for her hiring, just not sure who Baylor really has at this point.

I'm guessing Geno, Jeff, Brenda, and Dawn aren't coming. And it doesn't appear they really want Close.
Miller is currently a Division 1 Head Coach at Grand Canyon University, so she does have Division 1 experience.

She did pretty well in her first year at Grand Canyon. She’s very much a “roll the dice” hire due to her lack of Power 5 experience, but her win percentage speaks for itself.

Reaction Score
I'll just say that most of the people on the Baylor board talking about Molly Miller are interested in her for reasons outside her coaching ability. She seems like a fine coach, but would need a couple more years of success before being considered for a job of this caliber.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
1) Stay in-house with assistants who have both had HC experience.
  • Associate Coach Bill Brock has been her right-hand for ages. He coaches the posts, which is a Baylor strength and he makes all the defensive calls, which is another strength. At his age, this could be his last chance at a HC gig. Assures some degree of continuity with current players and incoming recruits/transfers. Can also buy Baylor administration some tme to find a long-range successor.
  • Sytia Messer. If Brock coaches the bigs, guess who recruited them? She's brought in two #1-rated classes. Yes, they may not have signed, but the boss probably had something to do with that.

2) Find someone who, if they don't get Baylor (at least initially), get Texas.
- Mark Kellogg, current coach at Stephen Austin and at West Texas befoe that. Got the connections to make those teams successful. If he has the Baylor brand in-state, he can potentially get the players he needs.

I posted this in the "Baylor Search" thread a bit ago. I'll stick with these cards.... ;)

Reaction Score

Expect movement on this soon. If I had to guess I’d say it’s Megan Duffy but that ain’t worth much.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score

Expect movement on this soon. If I had to guess I’d say it’s Megan Duffy but that ain’t worth much.

Agreed - Megan Duffy, Nicki Collen, or one of the Baylor assistants (Brock or Messer).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom