Does anyone here actually sign up for their free insider? I just don't feel like signing up but it seems like its just some tease and they aren't that connected? If its free its fine to post here but I don't get the sense they have a ton of infoDid TheBallOut.com say who the "shocking big-name coach" is? I couldnt find anything on their site.
The logic is they want the best coach in basketball. They don’t care about ties or reasonsThere is zero logic, any connections, or reason to leave UCONN for Baylor
Kim at least lived in Louisiana majority of her life, has a lot of strong connections, and has family locally.
Miller is currently a Division 1 Head Coach at Grand Canyon University, so she does have Division 1 experience.Baylor candidates: (that SICEM seems to be talking about the most)
1. Joni Taylor - Doesn't appear to be interested. Next.
2. Sytia Messer - Good choice, but always concern about promoting from within. Could be considered a lazy pick, tho those are not always bad.
3. Molly Miller - No Division 1 experience. Seems to be below Baylor standards, but if she's bad she'll be quickly disposed of similar to Nikki McCray Penson and only 2 or 3 years are wasted. Seems to be a no biggie/doesn't hurt to try kinda thing. If Baylor history holds strong, they won't slide down to an unrecognizably bad level. I'm not advocating for her hiring, just not sure who Baylor really has at this point.
I'm guessing Geno, Jeff, Brenda, and Dawn aren't coming. And it doesn't appear they really want Close.
1) Stay in-house with assistants who have both had HC experience.
- Associate Coach Bill Brock has been her right-hand for ages. He coaches the posts, which is a Baylor strength and he makes all the defensive calls, which is another strength. At his age, this could be his last chance at a HC gig. Assures some degree of continuity with current players and incoming recruits/transfers. Can also buy Baylor administration some tme to find a long-range successor.
- Sytia Messer. If Brock coaches the bigs, guess who recruited them? She's brought in two #1-rated classes. Yes, they may not have signed, but the boss probably had something to do with that.
2) Find someone who, if they don't get Baylor (at least initially), get Texas.
- Mark Kellogg, current coach at Stephen Austin and at West Texas befoe that. Got the connections to make those teams successful. If he has the Baylor brand in-state, he can potentially get the players he needs.