Baylor down by 11 at the half in Big 12 championship | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor down by 11 at the half in Big 12 championship

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Should we wind up playing Texas [late] in The Dance it will be worrisome[or wonderful] to see Christyn or Nika d-up on Harmon. But for sure it will be entertaining.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Audrey Warren was wearing something that was about 3/4 around her neck. I'd thought it was a hair band initially, but she never put it over her hair. It wasn't big or beefy enough to be a support collar. Anyone have any ideas what it was?

Texas has some seniors, but they really have some wonderful underclassmen. I think Vic has a good thing on his hands.
It's called a Q-collar. She started wearing it this season due to her history of concussions. It's supposed to help control blood flow

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Many times in the first half when Texas brought the ball down court, Harmon would dribble the ball to the sideline to get instructions from her coach and then run that play. In the second half the team was on the same end of the court as the team and he continued to relay what play he wanted without Harmon needing to go to the sideline. Baylor's coach has a kind of nasty attitude.

Reaction Score
Should we wind up playing Texas [late] in The Dance it will be worrisome[or wonderful] to see Christyn or Nika d-up on Harmon. But for sure it will be entertaining

Reaction Score
probably will not see Texas until final four, if both a 2 seeds I believe that is the earliest they could meet.

Reaction Score
Baylor has 5 wins over teams in the top 10. Louisville has 1.

Louisville's loss on a neutral court to Miami is also worse than Baylor's loss at Kansas State.
Fair points. Is that 5 wins over teams currently in the top 10?

On the second point are u saying that subjectively or by a certain measure that they use for rankings?

Reaction Score
Smith foul trouble and only 5 points in first half and slightly injured, or shaken up. But she came alive in the second half. Texas was having trouble containing her in the second half. Different game if she played first half like the second half, or if Baylor made more than 50% of free throws. But if ifs all came true, we'd all be rich.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Fair points. Is that 5 wins over teams currently in the top 10?

On the second point are u saying that subjectively or by a certain measure that they use for rankings?
Yes. Per the committee, who decides the seeding, Iowa State was #6 two weeks ago; they won't drop more than a spot or two at most. Texas was #10 and will rise several spots.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme has just adjusted his Bracketology. UCONN is #2 in Bridgeport, Texas is now #2 in Greensboro, & Baylor is #1 in Wichita.
He still has Texas the #2 seed in Spokane, not Greensboro. So, seems like he is giving Texas no credit for beating Baylor as that's where we were in last night's bracket. Perhaps he changed his bracket again after Baylor lost as he placed Baylor as #2 in Wichita, not #1.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Don't forget Mulkey.
SEC with some serious coaching firepower plus a slew of up and comers once Texas/Oklahoma come on board. You have Staley, Mulkey and Schafer as three established great coaches, promising newer coaches in Ralph, Harper, McPhee-McCuin, Baranczyk and Finley, and others like Elzy, Taylor, Neighbors, and Pingeton with streaks of success.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It's called a Q-collar. She started wearing it this season due to her history of concussions. It's supposed to help control blood flow

Thanks, Southie; I thought you'd know. Great game by your team today, really enjoyable.

That video is fascinating. It never would have occurred to me that a little bit of restriction of blood flow out of the head would provide a bit of cushion for the brain. I find it a bit counterintuitive, as I'd think the volume you want to increase is the CSF rather than the brain itself. But I'll have to go down the rabbit hole this evening and see what I can dig up.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Thanks, Southie; I thought you'd know. Great game by your team today, really enjoyable.

That video is fascinating. It never would have occurred to me that a little bit of restriction of blood flow out of the head would provide a bit of cushion for the brain. I find it a bit counterintuitive, as I'd think the volume you want to increase is the CSF rather than the brain itself. But I'll have to go down the rabbit hole this evening and see what I can dig up.
When they first talked about the Q-collar, I brushed it off and told myself there is no way that thing works. Low and behold, Warren has not been out at all for any concussion protocols despite how many hard hits and falls she's taken this season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Texas point Harmon was great....controlled the game.
I saw Harmon early in the year and commented about her to the Boneyard. She's a gamer and she shows up for the BIG games. Plays with no fear.....and she's only a freshman. :eek: Imagine how much better she'll be in 2 years.

Reaction Score
He still has Texas the #2 seed in Spokane, not Greensboro. So, seems like he is giving Texas no credit for beating Baylor as that's where we were in last night's bracket. Perhaps he changed his bracket again after Baylor lost as he placed Baylor as #2 in Wichita, not #1.

Thanks for the correction. He actually adjusted it after the game at 3:30PM EST, then re- adjusted again at 4:25PM. LOL...maybe he got a call from the selection committee.
Charlie said on ESPN that Baylor earned a #1 regardless of today. Obviously, he changed his mind.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Good Post. I watched the Texas Baylor game today really good game and Vic is a really good coach. Im not scared of either team.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Yes. Per the committee, who decides the seeding, Iowa State was #6 two weeks ago; they won't drop more than a spot or two at most. Texas was #10 and will rise several spots.
How high do you think Texas will rise, @Plebe ?

It's kind of unfortunate that Texas' win over Baylor happens less than 6 hours from the time the committee reveals its bracket tonight. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think they're gonna take the time to adjust their bracket from prior.to this game.

Texas is on an 11 game winning streak. In the last 11 days, Texas has 4 Q1 NET wins, including two against NET Top 10 teams since the last committee reveal on 02/28):
  • #38 Kansas
  • #37 Kansas State
  • #9 Iowa State
  • #6 Baylor
We now have 11 Q1 wins. That's fourth best in the country. RPI had been kind of low in the 20's; but, that has now shot up to #10.

We'll find out soon if today's win mattered or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom