Baylor down by 11 at the half in Big 12 championship | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Baylor down by 11 at the half in Big 12 championship

Reaction Score
Charlie Creme has just adjusted his Bracketology. UCONN is #2 in Bridgeport, Texas is now #2 in Greensboro, & Baylor is #1 in Wichita.
Lmao....Dawn haunts this poor man.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Vic just can't escape Dawn can he? But I don't feel sorry for him with the way he left State.
Yeah, he's the first head coach to ever leave for another job. :rolleyes:

He built Miss. State from nothing into something. He wanted to return home to Texas. It happens.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
How high do you think Texas will rise, @Plebe ?

It's kind of unfortunate that Texas' win over Baylor happens less than 6 hours from the time the committee reveals its bracket tonight. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think they're gonna take the time to adjust their bracket from prior.to this game.

Texas is on an 11 game winning streak. In the last 11 days, Texas has 4 Q1 NET wins, including two against NET Top 10 teams since the last committee reveal on 02/28):
  • #38 Kansas
  • #37 Kansas State
  • #9 Iowa State
  • #6 Baylor
We now have 11 Q1 wins. That's fourth best in the country. RPI had been kind of low in the 20's; but, that has now shot up to #10.

We'll find out soon if today's win mattered or not.
My bet would be overall #6 or #5.

We might not know how far they rose. The committee might choose or be forced to deviate from the S-curve (e.g., if Baylor and Texas are 4 and 5 overall, or in order to put UConn at Bridgeport), which is why their regional placement may not elucidate where the committee ranked them among the 2 seeds.

And even if we could determine their exact committee ranking, we won't know the exact differential impact of the last game. We can't assume Creme's daily projections matched the committee's opinion.

Reaction Score
Yeah, he's the first head coach to ever leave for another job. :rolleyes:

He built Miss. State from nothing into something. He wanted to return home to Texas. It happens.
Listen, I was invested in that team and what he built. I just wished he would have won one at State. I truly believe he's the best coach in WCBB. I ould be wrong but I can't recall a coach ever going to back-to-to back title games without one 5 star recruit. That is truly impressive.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
My bet would be overall #6 or #5.

We might not know how far they rose. The committee might choose or be forced to deviate from the S-curve (e.g., if Baylor and Texas are 4 and 5 overall, or in order to put UConn at Bridgeport), which is why their regional placement may not elucidate where the committee ranked them among the 2 seeds.

And even if we could determine their exact committee ranking, we won't know the exact differential impact of the last game. We can't assume Creme's daily projections matched the committee's opinion.
I think LSU's actual ranking by the committee will have a big impact if they are still ranked in the Top 8. If they are #8 ranked, then the committee would be forced to move up them up to the #7 overall seed to avoid being placed with SEC-foe #1 South Carolina. That would cause a bit of chaos for a team who is ranked above them as a #2 seed.

If they are ranked #9 or worse, then that won't impact the Top 8 seed with forced movements.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think LSU's actual ranking by the committee will have a big impact if they are still ranked in the Top 8. If they are #8 ranked, then the committee would be forced to move up them up to the #7 overall seed to avoid being placed with SEC-foe #1 South Carolina. That would cause a bit of chaos for a team who is ranked above them as a #2 seed.

If they are ranked #9 or worse, then that won't impact the Top 8 seed with forced movements.
If the committee goes by resumes, Iowa State is IMO clearly ahead of LSU and that would push LSU to the 3 seed line. They might cut LSU some slack for Morris's absence vs. Kentucky, but LSU also has losses to Arkansas, FGCU and Florida, and none of ISU's losses are as bad as those. Their quality wins are roughly equivalent — ISU has wins over Iowa and Oklahoma x2, while LSU has wins over ISU and at Tennessee — but LSU clearly has worse losses.

ETA: There's also a small chance that, despite Creme's projections, UConn doesn't get a bump from beating up on the bubble teams in its conference. We shall see what they say.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Listen, I was invested in that team and what he built. I just wished he would have won one at State. I truly believe he's the best coach in WCBB. I ould be wrong but I can't recall a coach ever going to back-to-to back title games without one 5 star recruit. That is truly impressive.
According to ESPN McCowan and Vivians were rated 5 stars. However, they were not McDonald's All Americans.

Reaction Score
I am curious how much the committee factors in OOC performances verses judging solely based off performance in conference.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I am curious how much the committee factors in OOC performances verses judging solely based off performance in conference.
It's never solely about conference play. Wins and losses OOC matter too. Entire body of work is evaluated.

Reaction Score
It's never solely about conference play. Wins and losses OOC matter too. Entire body of work is evaluated.
I expect LSU to be a 3 seed. That Arkansas loss was a trash performance and bad loss period. The others aren't bad losses, although Florida isn't gonna be the same without Kiki.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I expect LSU to be a 3 seed. That Arkansas loss was a trash performance and bad loss period. The others aren't bad losses, although Florida isn't gonna be the same without Kiki.
That's Creme's latest projection. IMO LSU's resume is clearly weaker than those of Baylor, Texas, Louisville and Iowa State. Quite possibly could fall behind Iowa as well. The wildcard is what will the committee do with UConn, whose situation is unusual and could yield a range of outcomes.

Reaction Score
That's Creme's latest projection. IMO LSU's resume is clearly weaker than those of Baylor, Texas, Louisville and Iowa State. Quite possibly could fall behind Iowa as well. The wildcard is what will the committee do with UConn, whose situation is unusual and could yield a range of outcomes.
I honestly don't care at this point, its quite frankly miraculous we are evening discussing LSU as a 3 seed in the first place. 2 or 3 seed isn't going to make or break anything for the team. Its just nice that I get to look forward to the tourney for once. LSU hasn't won a NCAAT game in over 8 years

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
And, we know Louisville can't be sent to Bridgeport with ACC-foe NC State. So, they won't be seeded #6. That further complicates things, IMO.

If for whatever reason the committee makes Baylor the last #1 seed in the Wichita regional, Big 12 foe Texas can't be sent there as the #5 seed. Another complication. Yes, I'm biased; but I think Texas has earned a seed higher than #7 based on its body of work the entire season, including this weekend's wins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom