Baylor down by 11 at the half in Big 12 championship | The Boneyard

Baylor down by 11 at the half in Big 12 championship

Reaction Score
Nalyssa Smith with 3 fouls, apparently injured, but should be back in second half.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
A couple of reckless fouls by Smith....especially 3rd when she came up limping.
Texas running offense really well...their point is playing dynamite.

Reaction Score
I love Vic Schaefer and am rooting for his team.

It's great seeing Blair Schaefer and Dominique Dillingham on Vic's staff. I'm hoping both of them have head coaching in their future.
Blair Schaefer was on the way to a successful broadcasting career. But now the sky's the limit as she in on track for a head coaching job.

Reaction Score
Baylor is keeping the game under 10 points. The only way they could have lost the #1 seed was by getting blown out today. But the victory helps Texas get to the #2 seed.

Reaction Score
16 secs left, you are down 9 pts, do you need to foul Texas and call timeout?
No, Baylor not plays their best ....LOL

Texas 67 - Baylor 58.

Reaction Score
y is baylor a 1 seed over Louisville. All Louisville's losses came almost at the buzzer. They had some big wins (including beating us). Baylor lost to kansas state. Makes no sense to me.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I first saw Rori Harmon two years ago, as a HS junior, and it was obvious she was something special.

Yesterday in an OT win over Iowa State, she had 30 points, 4 assists and no turnovers.

Today in a huge win over Baylor, she had 20 points on 8-10 FG, 5 assists, 5 rebounds ... and again, no turnovers.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
y is baylor a 1 seed over Louisville. All Louisville's losses came almost at the buzzer. They had some big wins (including beating us). Baylor lost to kansas state. Makes no sense to me.
Baylor has 5 wins over teams in the top 10. Louisville has 1.

Louisville's loss on a neutral court to Miami is also worse than Baylor's loss at Kansas State.

Reaction Score
No. I think we are safe. Creme at the half said we're a 2 in Bridgeport.
Baylor will not be a number 1 seed, so if the number 1 seeds are SC, NCST, Stanford, and Louisville and the number 2 seeds are Texas, Baylor, UConn, and Iowa State, I believe it will be a tossup between NCST and Louisville as to which of these two go to Bridgeport. Also depending on the order of the number 2 seeds UConn Bridgeport region may not be guaranteed. Guess we will have to wait until tonight but regardless of who goes where I think we are in for a GREAT BIG DANCE!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Audrey Warren was wearing something that was about 3/4 around her neck. I'd thought it was a hair band initially, but she never put it over her hair. It wasn't big or beefy enough to be a support collar. Anyone have any ideas what it was?

Texas has some seniors, but they really have some wonderful underclassmen. I think Vic has a good thing on his hands.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on TX over Baylor today:
  • Concerned how this might affect UConn’s seeding. I guess we’ll find out later today.
  • Vic with another masterful coaching job. I don’t know if this happens if Mulkey is still coaching Baylor, but today Vic completely outcoached Nikki Cullen
  • This is the beginning of TX dominating the Big 12 for years to come. Smith and several other key players will be gone from Baylor next season and Vic will own TX recruiting.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
  • Concerned how this might affect UConn’s seeding. I guess we’ll find out later today.
  • Vic with another masterful coaching job. I don’t know if this happens if Mulkey is still coaching Baylor, but today Vic completely outcoached Nikki Cullen
  • This is the beginning of TX dominating the Big 12 for years to come. Smith and several other key players will be gone from Baylor next season and Vic will own TX recruiting.
Except Texas will be in the SEC

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Blair Schaefer was on the way to a successful broadcasting career. But now the sky's the limit as she in on track for a head coaching job.
I just saw on their website that Jazz Holmes is on the staff too!

Reaction Score
Texas will be in the SEC in 2025.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom