Baylor (4) @ South Carolina () - 12/2/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor (4) @ South Carolina () - 12/2/18

Reaction Score
Because DAWN STALEY is second rate coach, all those recruits and no coach, I feel sorry for them

Reaction Score
Agree, Kim Mulkey like her or hate her, she is a very serious coach

Reaction Score
This current version of the Gamecocks is just awful. They continue, as they have every year, to be terrible shooters, run the break poorly, have poor spacing, and this year, poor size up front.
Gee, sounds like a fundamental problem called coaching.

Reaction Score
Yes, that’s why she was chosen to be coach of the US Olympic National team :rolleyes:

Dawn Staley doesn’t scare anyone as a coach. I could coach a team to 3 assists in an entire game like she recently accomplished.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I do think programs need to consider HOW all these top recruits can and should play together. Bringing in 6, 7, 8 or even 9 McDonalds AA’s like Texas, SC, Tenn does, you need to know if the personalities can mesh. At the moment, Karen and more so Dawn have some serious work to do with their rosters. It might only get worse with 5 new recruits coming in next year.

Reaction Score
I think a good chunk of the freshmen are locks to start given what we are seeing now for SC

South Carolina has zero answers for the bigs

Cooper is the entire SC team

Probably start
Cooper (Sr)
Harris (Sr)
Herbert-Harrigan (Sr)
Boston (Fr)

with Cooke (Fr), Beal (Fr), Jackson (Jr), Grissett (Jr) ?

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see where SC finishes in the conference. They will get obliterated by MSU, but the rest of the conference is very bad. Kentucky and Tennessee will have solid teams but there is a major drop off after.

Georgia is not very good, LSU is bad. Florida and Vandy are a train wreck

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
According to Debbie A, Dawn said her team need to make 12 three-pointers to win the game.

SC is not capable of making 12 threes against a team like Baylor. With 3+ minutes left (Baylor up by 24 points) SC has attempted 13 threes and made 3.

Strange thing to say.

Reaction Score
I've never seen a team miss so many wide open 3's

And a lot of these kids were highly rated recruits. Its mind boggling to say the least.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
It’s always been that; they have never been a good shooting team.

You can say that again, but why would she chose them knowing she may never touch the ball. Wilson had other bigs to play with.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Good win by Baylor. Brown looks very good and the guard play solid. SC looks like a mess but theyll improve defensively and could give some teams trouble as the year goes on. Would love to see more of the freshmen...Smith, Egbo and Decosta all look very athletic, hope we see more of those 3 as the year goes on.

Egbo from a distance looked a lot like a smaller but more athletic Kalani Brown. Up close she looks similar to Anriel Howard IMO, she could don the "lashes" nickname too.

Reaction Score
Baylor has Stanford and UCONN before conference play. They will roll through the big 12. Texas sure as hell isn't stopping them.

I do like Baylor freshmen a lot. All should see significant time pretty much all of conference play. Ursin looks like a brand new player compared to last season.

Adding Chloe gives them some consistency from the outside with her intermediate jumpers.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Does Mulkey have the chutzpah to play the youngins over the upper class? We will see when they play against decent teams.

Reaction Score
Agree SC looks terrible but anyone who think they will be elite next because of their recruits is forgetting relying on freshmen is risky. Boston’s level of competition next likely challenge her, I believe you have to have returning elite players to be elite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom