Baylor (3) @ Stanford (11) - 12/15/18 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Baylor (3) @ Stanford (11) - 12/15/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
41-24 at the half buzzer. Bottom line again, Baylor's bigs couldn't handle Stanford's quickness and it led to Brown's 2 fouls. Cox just couldn't plain handle the pace or the quickness. Baylor leads the country in rebounds because their bigs get second opportunities. The team can't shoot for spit. They have no plan B beyond dump it into the post/block and/or Hi/Lo. Once the bigs were sat there was no need to collapse the defense. Stanford just played them straight up, boxed out and got the rebound. On defense Baylor isn't so bad, but without their bigs, they're still too young to handle a disciplined option offense with good 3 point shooters.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What a huge contrast from last year's game in Waco, when Kalani Brown just completely had her way against Stanford with 28 points.

Reaction Score
Baylor is 7-36 from the floor with 8 turnovers.

Baylor is straight up missing a lot of routine shots and lay ups

The freshmen look like they are pressing. Cox, brown and Jackson have been a major disappointment today

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The announcers keep saying that Tara has 1052 wins. I thought that she only had 1042.

Reaction Score
halfstats.jpg

Reaction Score
Shocker to me. I thought BU would win close game but looks like Stanford blowing them out.

Reaction Score
Shocker to me. I thought BU would win close game but looks like Stanford blowing them out.
Once they keep Brown on the floor in the second half, they might be able to make a game out of it. But 17 pts is a lot to overcome.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Still have a 2nd half to play but i did chose Stanford. It’s hard to bet against Tara when she has 2 weeks to plan for a game.

Reaction Score
I have been very impressed with Kiana Williams. I like Oregon State, so I was very disappointed when she chose Stanford over them (they were the two finalists), but am very happy to see her thriving at Stanford. Plays both on and off the ball well. She and Slocum would have been a nightmare.

Reaction Score
Yikes.......................for Baylor to have that kind of talent at the post and to shoot 19.4% from the floor is beyond my understanding....... ....................I'm amazed the game is as close as it is but then again Stanford is only shooting 38.2%

Reaction Score
Personally it seems like having both Cox and Brown on the floor at the same time has been a major problem for Baylor. Speed is killing them. Its a bad matchup.

Having Costa or Smith out there would be a better options IMO

But it seems the entire team doesn't defend the perimeter in general

JordyG

Reaction Score
What a huge contrast from last year's game in Waco, when Kalani Brown just completely had her way against Stanford with 28 points.
That was an injured team with little experience. This one is neither.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what happened to the team that play South Carolina. Obviously Stanford is a better team, but most of the girls just look lost out there. For 5 years every Baylor fan has been screaming for better 3 pointers, offensively and defensively, but it just isn't happening. They got us off our rhythm early and never got it back. That 2nd quarter was as bad as I've seen in years.

Reaction Score
Personally it seems like having both Cox and Brown on the floor at the same time has been a major problem for Baylor. Speed is killing them. Its a bad matchup.

Having Costa or Smith out there would be a better options IMO

But it seems the entire team doesn't defend the perimeter in general

two bigs concept together rarely works as well as one would think...........South Carolina played so much better without Coates clogging up the lane..........I don't think Cox is a good enough outside shooter or defender to play with Brown at the same time consistently........

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Baylor has started slow in a few games this year, albeit against lesser competition, who knows if they can turn it around in the 2nd half.

I mean they can't shoot 19% from the paint for 40 minutes can they?

Reaction Score
I have no idea what happened to the team that play South Carolina. Obviously Stanford is a better team, but most of the girls just look lost out there. For 5 years every Baylor fan has been screaming for better 3 pointers, offensively and defensively, but it just isn't happening. They got us off our rhythm early and never got it back. That 2nd quarter was as bad as I've seen in years.

I have to think Baylor will make this a closer contest in the second half......................if not they have some soul searching to do........

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Refs are really trying hard not to give Brown her 3rd foul.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Smith comes out at the half and immediately commits her dumbest foul of the game in the offensive end.

Reaction Score
Stanford's defense is very good. Stanford does a great job with help defense on Baylor's screens. I am also impressed with Stanford's motion offense. Baylor, by contrast, doesn't look to have much motion in their offense. I think the tone was set when Kalani had 2 of her shots blocked by Stanford. After seeing Standford, OSU, ASU, Oregon play multiple games, I think Stanford is the best of the bunch. But, I still don't see any PAC-12 team going undefeated in conference play.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Why does it seem Cox can't command the block? Then Carrington commits another silly foul in the offensive end. Save you fouls for the defense ladies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom