Baylor’s search | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Baylor’s search

Reaction Score
Other than a really good bbq joint on the interstate, Waco is a tough draw. Look for a Texas native or someone from the wastelands.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Notre Dame.
Okay, that's a good point. I think if you are going to tab a first time HC, promoting someone from within the program makes more sense for continuity (I realize she had left ND, but for only 1 year; she'd been w/ ND for more than a decade).

edit--not to mention the early returns at ND aren't very good, which reinforces my opinion that you are always taking a HUGE risk hiring a coach w/ no prior head coaching experience

Reaction Score
Okay, that's a good point. I think if you are going to tab a first time HC, promoting someone from within the program makes more sense for continuity (I realize she had left ND, but for only 1 year; she'd been w/ ND for more than a decade).

edit--not to mention the early returns at ND aren't very good, which reinforces my opinion that you are always taking a HUGE risk hiring a coach w/ no prior head coaching experience
Really don't think now that men's basketball and football are back, that women's basketball will continue to be a priority.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Woodward has announced it.

His first line in this tweet leads me to question how long he has been following the sport and if he has heard of Pat Summitt who won a silver medal in the first WBB Olympics, and won a gold as a coach and has almost double Kims wins as HC and almost 3x her NCs.

Not saying Kim isn't as great as sliced bread, but Pat is the caviar on top!

Reaction Score
As soon as her contact details are released..could someone please post them..plus when LSU posted who Kim’s staff will be again please post.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Joni Taylor for Baylor?
She just won COY in the SEC, but barely over .500 in conference in 6 seasons. Seems kinda meh to me. Also 2 Tourney wins in 3 appearances, hasn't been beyond the 2nd round. They should probably aim higher to start with.

Reaction Score
She just won COY in the SEC, but barely over .500 in conference in 6 seasons. Seems kinda meh to me. Also 2 Tourney wins in 3 appearances, hasn't been beyond the 2nd round. They should probably aim higher to start with.
But who?
Geno, Tara, Vic are out.
I don't see Graves or Dawn going to Waco.
Barnes, Walz, Iowa, Indiana all have close personal connections to their area.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I know of a coach who had a period of success at a Private Religious affiliated Southern University. No, I'm not talking about the High Point coach...
33.gif

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
But who?
Geno, Tara, Vic are out.
But who? Indeed.

A Baylor fan listed all those who have proven ability to get to a Final Four, and most of them are not moving to Hueco/Waco.

"There are only 6 active coaches who have won a Natty: Geno, Tara, Kim, Dawn, Gary Blair and Brenda Frese

There are only 5 other active coaches who have made a title game and lost: C. Vivian Stringer, Jeff Walz, Quinton Hillsman, Vic Schaefer and Adia Barnes (Gail G did, but she's an assistant at CMU now).

And there are only 3 other active head coaches who have even made a Final Four: Kelly Graves, Scott Rueck and Mike Neighbors.

So there's your list of elite coaches."

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
But who?
Geno, Tara, Vic are out.
Why not swing for the fences once or twice before moving down the list?

A few weeks ago who in their right mind would've thought Mulkey would leave Baylor for LSU?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
But who? Indeed.

A Baylor fan listed all those who have proven ability to get to a Final Four, and most of them are not moving to Hueco/Waco.

"There are only 6 active coaches who have won a Natty: Geno, Tara, Kim, Dawn, Gary Blair and Brenda Frese

There are only 5 other active coaches who have made a title game and lost: C. Vivian Stringer, Jeff Walz, Quinton Hillsman, Vic Schaefer and Adia Barnes (Gail G did, but she's an assistant at CMU now).

And there are only 3 other active head coaches who have even made a Final Four: Kelly Graves, Scott Rueck and Mike Neighbors.

So there's your list of elite coaches."

Apparently you missed my earlier post :rolleyes: Someone who is available... someone who we both know and love

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom