Baylor’s search | The Boneyard

Baylor’s search

Reaction Score
Assuming Kim does go to LSU, who does Baylor get? Seems like kinda slim pickings, though I suppose if they’re willing to pay $$$$, that could lure anybody.

A few names:
  • Cori Close
  • Adia Barnes — a long shot given her personal connection to AZ, but even with her recent raise I think she’s still only making $500k
  • Kim Barnes Arico
  • Wyckoff (FSU assistant)
  • Wes Moore
  • Joni Taylor
  • Smesko

Reaction Score
Nikki-Fargas.jpg

Reaction Score
I think Karen Aston could’ve had another shot at Baylor had she not just signed a contract with whoever she just signed with

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Amaka Agugua-Hamilton

(never mind, I'll say Wes Moore because he's from Texas). They'd want someone who won't leave.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For $2.5 - $3 million, they will hire Louisville's Jeff Walz.
After (reportedly) going through contentious negotiations with Kim, I would think Baylor might be reluctant to deal with Walz, who has feigned interest in other jobs just to get a raise.

Reaction Score
Assuming Kim does go to LSU, who does Baylor get? Seems like kinda slim pickings, though I suppose if they’re willing to pay $$$$, that could lure anybody.

A few names:
  • Cori Close
  • Adia Barnes — a long shot given her personal connection to AZ, but even with her recent raise I think she’s still only making $500k
  • Kim Barnes Arico
  • Wes Moore
  • Joni Taylor
  • Smesko
I'd have my money on Close or Wes Moore

Reaction Score
Let's see, hire the failed coach of their rival. That would be like replacing Geno with Holly Warlick.
Coaches can have successful second stints. Karen Aston is well connected in the state of Texas regardless of what you think.

Reaction Score
With the players they have, they have to get a big name. I don’t think Walz will leave Louisville, especially as Kentucky is his home state. Aida Barnes should be a candidate, especially after the season she just had. I don’t know if she would leave her alma mater. However, money does talk....

A WNBA coach?

Or would Becky Hammon be interested?

Reaction Score
Coaches can have successful second stints. Karen Aston is well connected in the state of Texas regardless of what you think.
Sure. And dropping down to a mid-major like UTSA is where she can try to re-prove herself.

But you don't fail and then get one of the most prominent, lucrative jobs in the entire sport.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You have to wonder if they would’ve beeen interested in Shea Ralph had she not taken the Vandy job.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

A few names:
  • Cori Close
  • Kim Barnes Arico
  • Wes Moore
  • Joni Taylor
  • Smesko
Leave Westwood for Waco? Shudders

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
You have to wonder if they would’ve beeen interested in Shea Ralph had she not taken the Vandy job.
If they do have an opening, you don't think they'll look for someone w/ head coaching experience?

CL82

Reaction Score
If they do have an opening, you don't think they'll look for someone w/ head coaching experience?
[Shrug] Vandy didn’t.

Reaction Score
I doubt it would be Close, but remember she's very, very religious. Some felt it might be a problem i.e dealing with LGBQ but it has not been the case. Also, the rumor mill has ramped up saying that her longtime assistant, recently associate head coach Shannon Perry-LeBeauf is close to getting the vacancy at USC. It might be a good time for to go.

Religious aspects aside, Close is about as far from KMR as can be, public personality wise. Maybe it would be a welcome change for some but still a big change.

CL82

Reaction Score
You're joking, right? Vandy has been a bottom feeder for years. Baylor is a top 5 program in the country. One of these things is not the same as the other.
Who do you think will take the job

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom