Battle of the Champions - who would win? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Battle of the Champions - who would win?

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think when the 2016 team was peaking, probably the most dominant team ever. Weak link would be Chong and time management…..but I digress…

Reaction Score
Potentially, if they all stay healthy, the NEXT 2 years may be among the best ever in WCBB!
I totally agree. Uconn's potential for the next 2 years is a possible 2 year unbeaten streak, if everyone stays healthy. The nucleus of Paige, Aaliyah, Ice, Nika ,Aubrey, Azzi, Caroline and the freshmen is formidable and the defense is proven to be top notch. I will be posting next year on the undefeated season with a confidence that this team gives me. But first, we will take care of the NC. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Correct: 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 were the two most dominant statistical teams in history. In 2015 they set records with a scoring margin of 40.6 and an almost unfathomable field goal percentage margin of 23.1% (outshooting their opponents by 54% to 30.9%). The 2016 team dropped to a mere 39.7 coring margin, but went undefeated and led the nation in numerous categories, including (for the only time in the team's history) free throw percentage!
Thank you for confirming what I believed. Thank you again.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Going with the 2010 squad, but that would be some game to see! If I recall correctly it was basically between a couple teammates, Maya and Tina, for wcbb MVP that season, how often has that happened? Both teams were really loaded with talent and a joy to watch.

I just loved seeing Maya play the game, truly grace in motion. I was pretty sure when she stepped away from the game that we wouldn't see her back on the court, but I kept dreaming that I'd get to see her rise up and release that beautiful jumper many more times..... Now I'm going to have to go back and binge watch her UConn games.. again!

Tina and Maya were the 2 best players in the nation. Maya won the Wade Trophy, but Tina won the other NPOY awards. If EDD had stuck around, we would have had the THREE best players in the nation.

Reaction Score
Potentially, if they all stay healthy, the NEXT 2 years may be among the best ever in WCBB!
Potentially, is a great word to use and of course staying healthy. The pieces are there. I just have to see how all of the talent meshes together and who develops their skill set vs who gets complacent. And of course, time management & roster management with rotation.

Reaction Score
Next year, 2023-4 will be a great year and problem for Geno to solve. Great guard play and very good paint play by the Bigs will be a given. I concur that the best of WBB is up coming..... Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Potentially, is a great word to use and of course staying healthy. The pieces are there. I just have to see how all of the talent meshes together and who develops their skill set vs who gets complacent. And of course, time management & roster management with rotation.
There is not one coach in women's basketball who would not want to be in his shoes next year. NOT ONE!!! GO HUSKIES!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One of my faves was the 2014 team. Stef said it was important to her to go undefeated, not just win the championship. When Bria was out, the lineup at times was Mo and Kaleena in the backcourt and Stef, Stewie, and Kiah in the front court. That front line was nearly impenetrable. Though Kiah wasn’t known for her offense, she triggered several big runs for us:

Block by Stokes, outlet to Jefferson, she blows by everyone.

Steal by Stokes, outlet to Jefferson, Kaleena from the arc. Bang!

Forced shot, rebound to Stokes, outlet to Jefferson, pass to Stewie in the lane. And one.

Kiah didn’t score much, but she facilitated. And she sure shut down the opponent.

Reaction Score
JellyBean- - -You don't have to worry about being complacent!
Not with Geno & staff running the show!

Reaction Score
I go with the 15-16 Team. IMO they are best ever. And wasn't Jefferson arguably the 2nd best player in WCBB in her senior year? I believe she was. The overall inside/outside combo of the team was just too great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom