Battle for Atlantis Tournament -- November 19-21 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Battle for Atlantis Tournament -- November 19-21

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I mean was anyone actually expecting Alabama or KY to beat VT and Utah? Tennessee though is a horrific loss. All they have done is massively underachieve

Until proven otherwise it’s SC and nobody else. LSU probably is still a year or two away. They haven’t played anyone to accurately assess them whatsoever
You’re such a downer.

LSU is going to be good, our non conference schedule be damned, we might not not beat SC this year but I’m going to trust Kim’s method. It’s worked in the past.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Checking on the Tennessee-Gonzaga score:

1669069224823.gif

Reaction Score
Ref whining I am sure. Gonzaga lost key player in first Q. Held it together multiple times after TN got leads. Just clear calender for WNIT.
Gonzaga is a well coached team. It’s interesting though to see a lot of these teams filled in with mostly transfers to be struggling. The portal isn’t the answer to everything. It should be used to patch a spot or so, maybe add some depth. Shouldn’t be the means to build your team.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Gonzaga is a well coached team. It’s interesting though to see a lot of these teams filled in with mostly transfers to be struggling. The portal isn’t the answer to everything. It should be used to patch a spot or so, maybe add some depth. Shouldn’t be the means to build your team.
Talent isn’t everything.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In Geno language. " That portal crap"

Reaction Score
You’re such a downer.

LSU is going to be good, our non conference schedule be damned, we might not not beat SC this year but I’m going to trust Kim’s method. It’s worked in the past.

I guess my post was basically about LSU having a clear path to run the table in SEC and get a winner/take all.

Not sure who else really could. Maybe Tennessee I guess if they get it together.

I think the more tough matchups the better.

Reaction Score
Talent isn’t everything.
100%

I went to a lot of the LSU WBB luncheons this fall and all Kim kept screaming to the crazy unreasonable fans were that just because they had more talent doesn’t mean they will be better automatically. And that it’s going to take time and reps before they eventually click down the road.

Reaction Score
I'm just ecstatic for Yvonne Ejim and her progression over the last few years. Similar to Edwards, she continues to work on getting better to help her team. Last year, a 3 point shot wouldn't have been attempted. Now she hits a critical one in the 3rd. Ends up being the player of the game and outworked players with several inches in height.

Like I said prior to the Louisville game, she plays much bigger than her size. She's now getting her due and it's well deserved.

Reaction Score
As others have mentioned, something to be said about winning the portal lottery. What you do with them is what counts.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Until proven otherwise it’s SC and nobody else
I swear I said exactly that before the season started, and was very much scoffed at from some quarters.

Reaction Score
So Gonzaga goes 2-1 with wins over Louisville and Tennessee and a loss to Marquette.

Who had their money on that?
Good for Gonzaga. Some of these mid majors honestly are some of the toughest outs out there. Sure they may not always have that same level of talent but these teams are usually well coached groups who have played with each other for a long period of time and they are hungry to prove themselves.

Reaction Score
Good day so far for Pac-12. UCLA gets the Battle for Atlantis tourney. Utah prevails over Alabama in the Bahia Mar. Oregon is a lock tonight vs Southern Utah. WSU v Troy is an unknown at least to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom