Barstool Court Storm | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Barstool Court Storm

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
I didnt see an issue with what they were doing in the slightest. We got exactly what youd expect when you ask those guys to show up. They had the students rockin. Then the ghost of Susan showed up.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Its really simple, let the kids decide if they are storming or not. If you don't want to storm, don't storm - just sit there - no biggie.

So what's next, I need a refresher from the "don't stand during games" crowd and "you clap too loud" cohort.

Old people telling kids whether they can storm or not is hilarious. Let the kids have fun!

Reaction Score
Someone told me they think it was essentially staged... wouldn't surprise me.
I mean this with all due respect but anyone who thinks the police would stage an arrest is quite frankly an idiot.

Reaction Score
I mean this with all due respect but anyone who thinks the police would stage an arrest is quite frankly an idiot.
The "all access" tickets were fake. Barstool does that type of thing all the time.

I mean this with all due respect but anyone who thinks we were talking about the police staging the arrests and not the twitter fools that rolled into UConn, is quite frankly an idiot.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I see a lot of "oldest guy in the club" potential with these guys.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Are we positive this wasn’t all staged?

Reaction Score
Are we positive this wasn’t all staged?

Getting arrested certainly wasn’t staged, or at least supposed to be part of the plan. They’ve been doing this Storm Chasers bit this time of year for a couple years now. As far as I know, this is just the first stop where they’ve ran into issues. It’s clear the students at the game for the most part were excited to have them there.

Reaction Score
Man students today are so soft. You have to storm a court to have fun and celebrate a win?? Really

What about get black out wasted in celebration of the win. Having a block party in the street outside gampel that shuts down the street?? No instead you cry and complain the only way to have fun is a court storm like some sort of pansies

UConn is a blue blood; the most dominant basketball school in the past 20 years. Schools of that status don't court storm they are above it and should be. Act like you been there. Theres other ways to celebrate and have a ton more fun than storming the court.

Reaction Score
Holding last night's stuff aside, UConn police are actually not that bad in terms of how far they'll take things legally. One study even went as far as to call it the most weed-friendly campus in the country. The Town of Mansfield is a bunch of complaining hillbillies and they constantly call the police, so the police have had no choice but to shut parties down in recent years. It really does suck for the current students. I have some younger cousins who are still there and it's night and day from even like 5 years ago.
I saw the change in real time (2013-2017). My freshman year was incredible; virtually anyone could walk down Hunting Lodge or get into Carriage and find a good party. I still have great memories of walking the “trail” (most here know the traditional name) during final four weekend to a day drink in Celeron before the game. Sophomore year, less so. It helped to know someone to get by the cops. Junior year (15-16) was bad. Only went to a handful of parties, even though I knew a good amount of people by then. Senior year was virtually nonexistent. Did far more drinking at the bars or in friends’ apartments than I was anticipating. I pity the students stuck with whatever this has evolved into now.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Man students today are so soft. You have to storm a court to have fun and celebrate a win?? Really

What about get black out wasted in celebration of the win. Having a block party in the street outside gampel that shuts down the street?? No instead you cry and complain the only way to have fun is a court storm like some sort of pansies

UConn is a blue blood; the most dominant basketball school in the past 20 years. Schools of that status don't court storm they are above it and should be. Act like you been there. Theres other ways to celebrate and have a ton more fun than storming the court.
I don't have a problem with the students storming the court, but it shouldn't be coerced by non-students unaffiliated with the school or program. Nor by 40 year old adolescents who won't face any real consequences.

If they were really in tune with the historic UConn culture, they'd have rocked it old school and set a mattress and sofa on fire in The Jungle quad.

Reaction Score
This thread is a byproduct of winning. There is not enough to complain about, so a thread is started about something pretty trivial.

Reaction Score
I saw the change in real time (2013-2017). My freshman year was incredible; virtually anyone could walk down Hunting Lodge or get into Carriage and find a good party. I still have great memories of walking the “trail” (most here know the traditional name) during final four weekend to a day drink in Celeron before the game. Sophomore year, less so. It helped to know someone to get by the cops. Junior year (15-16) was bad. Only went to a handful of parties, even though I knew a good amount of people by then. Senior year was virtually nonexistent. Did far more drinking at the bars or in friends’ apartments than I was anticipating. I pity the students stuck with whatever this has evolved into now.
I started in '03-'04, and it got worse every year. It was fairly crazy when I started and was pretty locked down by the time I left.

Reaction Score
I started in '03-'04, and it got worse every year. It was fairly crazy when I started and was pretty locked down by the time I left.
Buddy if you think it was bad then, then you have no idea what it’s like now. Spring weekend 2011-2015 it was like we were in a police state. Had to give student IDs to visit a friends dorm. Most people just left campus

Reaction Score
Buddy if you think it was bad then, then you have no idea what it’s like now. Spring weekend 2011-2015 it was like we were in a police state. Had to give student IDs to visit a friends dorm. Most people just left campus
Yeah, my last year on campus was 2009 and they had just begun that "no non-students allowed on campus" business

Reaction Score
I guess I'm an old fuddy duddy but I have no problem with an "organic" court storming if you beat a number 1 team or whatever but having some morons show up to start trouble wearing heavy yellow condoms seems contrived, ridiculous and lame.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
"I am not saying fun is not allowed."
*Proceeds to write 2 paragraphs about how fun is not allowed

Not sure how if you actually read what I wrote your conclusion was "no fun allowed," but cheers may you live a 100 years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Holding last night's stuff aside, UConn police are actually not that bad in terms of how far they'll take things legally. One study even went as far as to call it the most weed-friendly campus in the country. The Town of Mansfield is a bunch of complaining hillbillies and they constantly call the police, so the police have had no choice but to shut parties down in recent years. It really does suck for the current students. I have some younger cousins who are still there and it's night and day from even like 5 years ago.
Stainmaster, thank you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom