Barstool Court Storm | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Barstool Court Storm

Reaction Score
It looks like everyone was excited to have them there (except for the cops)

Reaction Score
UConn police acted excessively and just showed the world how most UConn students already see them. It’s a problem that needs to be addressed. I love police officers and I respect them but UConn police goes over the line way too often.
Holding last night's stuff aside, UConn police are actually not that bad in terms of how far they'll take things legally. One study even went as far as to call it the most weed-friendly campus in the country. The Town of Mansfield is a bunch of complaining hillbillies and they constantly call the police, so the police have had no choice but to shut parties down in recent years. It really does suck for the current students. I have some younger cousins who are still there and it's night and day from even like 5 years ago.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Oh, they want them to storm the court. That's a huge victory. The ones where it happened have been hilarious. Caleb jumping around in his fishermans outfit lol
Disagree. A court storm is ancillary to their mission. Barstool gets no further benefit if the students storm or not. They get exposure and clicks either way. In fact, Gampel Security and UConn police (Staties by the way) did Barstool a favor.

I highly doubt these guys got charged with anything that is intended to stick, if arrested at all (Those pictures were from 10:30 last night). They got removed from the situation, like a 5 year old is in kindergarten, They were put on a time out, but that evidently didn't stop Barstool from exploiting or embellishing their situation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Credentialed journalists do not wear Gordon's fisherman's rain slickers in the student section.

Does getting cuffed necessarily mean arrested or charged.

Man, imagine being the guy who's defending the cops in this situation. They were unquestionably the turd in the punchbowl. The Waquoit of last night's festivities, if you will.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Man, imagine being the guy who's defending the cops in this situation. They were unquestionably the turd in the punchbowl. The Waquoit of last night's festivities, if you will.

I know, right? Imagine that. I'm not defending the cops tactics. The cops gave Barstool a wider platform to exploit. They are just as much at fault.

Reaction Score
If these guys want a guaranteed storm...they should be in Tallahassee tomorrow. Last regular season game, first regular season ACC championship...undefeated at home...Oh, the court will be stormed.

Hamilton has experience in this...LOL

With just 14.2 seconds remaining in the game, Florida State was leading UNC by 33 and the FSU students were preparing to storm the court. That's when Seminoles head coach Leonard Hamilton met with UNC head coach Roy Williams in front of the scorer's table and suggested that UNC leave the court early. Williams accepted the offer and everybody, except five walk-ons who remained to finish out the game, headed to the locker room.

Reaction Score
Love it or hate it, the reality show that it is continues with a big update. So did they have tickets or not?

Wow, looks like we invited them and reserved seats for them. Good idea, bad execution.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

According to this, they had tickets and were invited by the ticketing department. Sounds like no one told security or the cops. And the cops didn't care to even ask any school official at the game.

Student section is INSANE. UCONN IS BACK!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I know, right? Imagine that. I'm not defending the cops tactics. The cops gave Barstool a wider platform to exploit. They are just as much at fault.

At fault for what? They both did their jobs.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Love it or hate it, the reality show that it is continues with a big update. So did they have tickets or not?

I bet they did. From what I’ve heard the Hurleys are HUGE barstool fans.

Reaction Score
Gampel was loud all night, but the student section went wild when they got there. too bad it ended the way it did because of what seems to have been a miscommunication.

Reaction Score

A little extra insight into the situation. Still unclear what the miscommunication was. At the end of the day, what occurred feels totally unnecessary to me. If they didn't want students rushing the court, the amount of security that was lined up in front of the students was all they needed to do.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
We haven’t had a winning seasons in years, relax. Clearly this board is filled with a bunch of older fans who feel entitled based on past success and therefore fun is not allowed

I am not saying fun is not allowed. I am saying UConn does not need the gimmick storm chasers to tell them when to storm the court. The perfect court storm is unseen, it sneaks up quickly and cannot be stopped.

It has only been three seasons, that we all probably want to forget, since we won 20 games only to lose to the #1 overall seed in Kansas. It has not been that long. UConn actually needs to storm a court and these past fours were probably the program's best shot at redemption. Our last storming of the court came against #1 Texas who already lost earlier that week and I believe were stormed upon. If I do not want UConn to be the sloppy seconds of a court storming against the "#1" team in the country, I sure do not want anything to do with Barstool Storm Chasers. Especially after they were just recently at Rutgers.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Meanwhile Barstool seems to me moving on rather quickly.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
"I am not saying fun is not allowed."
*Proceeds to write 2 paragraphs about how fun is not allowed
Its really simple, let the kids decide if they are storming or not. If you don't want to storm, don't storm - just sit there - no biggie.

So what's next, I need a refresher from the "don't stand during games" crowd and "you clap too loud" cohort.

Reaction Score
How do you do, fellow kids? It is I, UConn alum, twitter dot com user, and occasional the dash boneyard dot com poster here to tell you that WHATEVER you do do NOT storm the court! Your four years here may have been filled with terrible basketball, you may think that CV and Book beating a ranked Houston team on our way out of this god forsaken conference is worth celebrating... but you have NOT seen the glory that these eyes have seen and this does NOT meet my COURT STORMING CRITERIA.

And don’t get me started on the 3 guys in yellow jackets encouraging these shenanigans. THEY ARE FRAUDS. They aren’t even STUDENTS. Any excitement you felt in their presence is NOT TRUE. What if they had succeeded in students tap dancing on that AAC logo and it made it to SOCIAL MEDIA? HOW would I, UConn alum, explain that to Steve in accounting who probably went to BC or something? Or - god forbid - some loser Cinci fan chirps me on TWITTER? Your moment of fun would cause me MILD DISCOMFORT AND EMBARRASSMENT.
Co-signed, class of 2012

I get some of the sarcasm but there’s plenty of in-ironic truth to this

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom