Barry on HBO

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
watched the first episode. It is really well written and well acted, but I don't know if I can get past the premise.

HuskyHawk

Hoping to see something that looks like basketball
watched the first episode. It is really well written and well acted, but I don't know if I can get past the premise.
My concern with the premise, from reading a summary, is that it is ripped off from Get Shorty.

I like it but I don't love it, yet. It's better than this years' silicon valley, though. It just hasn't been as good for me.

jleves

Awesomeness
Couldn't even finish the 4th episode. Kept trying but nope - not good.

Binged 3 last night and will finish today. I think it’s good, wish it was a little funnier as actors (other than Winkler) aren’t really funny if you are not in that subculture. I’m sure if you live in LA the whole thing is tremendous. Need to keep phasing in more than just flat affect from Hader to truly be a show.

Finally caught up on the last few episodes. Love that it started to go darker. Really enjoyed the direction they’ve taken it in.

Hearing good things. On the list to watch...

Finally saw The Night Of from HBO. Episode 1 great, rest decent/good, with flaws, solid finale...worth it. Turturro was terrific as was the lead detective and Naz. Weird handling of Chandra character and court room scenes were just mediocre and not very realistic. Rikers scenes were all good. Liked it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Hearing good things. On the list to watch...

Finally saw The Night Of from HBO. Episode 1 great, rest decent/good, with flaws, solid finale...worth it. Turturro was terrific as was the lead detective and Naz. Weird handling of Chandra character and court room scenes were just mediocre and not very realistic. Rikers scenes were all good. Liked it.
The Night Of had some fatal plot problems that derailed something that should have been great.

The Night Of had some fatal plot problems that derailed something that should have been great.
I thought it built itself up pretty well, and then just petered out. Finale was a let down from what I can remember.

Now Barry was very entertaining in it's freshman season. Can't wait for another. Should be some interesting places they can go with it in S2. Finale was very solid. Winkler's gotta be my favorite character in the first season. Pretty much every line had me cracking up.

I thought it built itself up pretty well, and then just petered out. Finale was a let down from what I can remember.

Now Barry was very entertaining in it's freshman season. Can't wait for another. Should be some interesting places they can go with it in S2. Finale was very solid. Winkler's gotta be my favorite character in the first season. Pretty much every line had me cracking up.
I'm psyched for the Winkler renaissance, but his lines more had me smiling than laughing. I agree with HuskyGooner that Noho Hank is hilarious, but rest of the cast still stuck between straight man and not as over the top absurd as Winkler. Hader definitely got better and breaking thru his flat affect was key inside the show and for the viewer. Not sure if I prefer to Bruce Banner Barry around the country in a 2nd season, but you gotta keep Winkler and Noho so I think they are relatively stuck where they are.