Bahamas Health Visa | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bahamas Health Visa

Reaction Score
When are you guys leaving? We are all getting tested today (I did this morning) and leaving on Sunday. You need the results to submit the application, right?
Yes, we arrive on Saturday. I confirmed with the Bahamas, test day is your "0" day, so you effectively have 6 days from the date of the test to arrive in the Bahamas. You cannot enter your travel information, or submit the application, until you have the results in hand to attach/upload with the application. I wish they just had a separate submission page for the test result and allowed you to enter flight/hotel information elsewhere.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yes, we arrive on Saturday. I confirmed with the Bahamas, test day is your "0" day, so you effectively have 6 days from the date of the test to arrive in the Bahamas. You cannot enter your travel information, or submit the application, until you have the results in hand to attach/upload with the application. I wish they just had a separate submission page for the test result and allowed you to enter flight/hotel information elsewhere.
Thank you for confirming that. I kept counting in my head to decide whether yesterday would have been too early for us and settled on today because I couldn't make up my mind and didn't want to risk it.

Reaction Score
When are you guys leaving? We are all getting tested today (I did this morning) and leaving on Sunday. You need the results to submit the application, right?
Yeah I leave Saturday - and yes can't upload trip info till you have test results

Reaction Score
Wow, I submitted my wife's visa application about 2 hours ago this morning and it's already back for payment.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So I haven't flown in over two years and I haven't traveled internationally in more than five years, and some things are just dawning on me. I just realized that I needed to set up my phone for an international travel plan, which I just did; and I guess I should let my credit card company know that I will be traveling, like I have done before so charges don't get declined as suspicious.

I've never been to the Bahamas and I am reading different things about whether I need to change money or not. I see that the Bahamian dollar is tied to the U.S. Dollar, but is the U.S. Dollar accepted everywhere?

Reaction Score
So I haven't flown in over two years and I haven't traveled internationally in more than five years, and some things are just dawning on me. I just realized that I needed to set up my phone for an international travel plan, which I just did; and I guess I should let my credit card company know that I will be traveling, like I have done before so charges don't get declined as suspicious.

I've never been to the Bahamas and I am reading different things about whether I need to change money or not. I see that the Bahamian dollar is tied to the U.S. Dollar, but is the U.S. Dollar accepted everywhere?
My research indicates that you would be able to use USD everywhere. Now, if you go to some of the more rural areas, that might be different, but if you are planning to stay close to Atlantis, I can't imagine you will have any problem using USD.

Reaction Score

Can notify your credit cards on line. My research is that the US dollar is accepted everywhere, so I am not exchanging. Bringing some cash but really plan to use my cards for most and pay when I get back.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I hope you all stay healthy, pass your tests and have a terrific time. That being said, all of the info in this thread is why I’m not going.

Reaction Score
A close friend is traveling to the Dominican with her husband, kids and grandson. Her husband's PCR just came back unreadable - glad that wasn't an issue for me. Problem is they leave tomorrow so he will have to chance a rapid test at the airport.

Reaction Score

US dollar is good everywhere. Since US credit cards have chips no need to contact company. Atlantis takes Amex but many places don’t.

Reaction Score
Thanks. I called them both and they said that I no longer need to notify them when traveling.
My debit told me I didn't but my visa and discover had an online mechanism.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Thanks. I called them both and they said that I no longer need to notify them when traveling.
Mine also, used to do, but not anymore. Strange since last year my bank card got hacked in Miami. Purchases were many. Haven't been close to Miami in years. How did they do it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Whelp, got my negative test results and my visa application is pending. Hoping to wake up to an email confirmation.

I see why it’s a bit nerve-wracking; it’s a lot of info and not a lot of guidance. I submitted a screen shot of the MyChart test result from my phone; I hope that suffices.

Reaction Score
Whelp, got my negative test results and my visa application is pending. Hoping to wake up to an email confirmation.

I see why it’s a bit nerve-wracking; it’s a lot of info and not a lot of guidance. I submitted a screen shot of the MyChart test result from my phone; I hope that suffices.
Should work - I saved the results as a PDF and uploaded to their site.

Reaction Score
Getting tested today leave Monday morning returning Sunday.

Saw people on here not staying at Atlantis but have tickets to game. Thought you had to stay at Atlantis to attend games due to Covid rules?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Saw people on here not staying at Atlantis but have tickets to game. Thought you had to stay at Atlantis to attend games due to Covid rules?
We are not staying at Atlantis. I was able to buy a UConn fan package one morning in April after seeing someone post here that they were selling them without requiring a room reservation. IIRC that stopped either later that day or the next day so it may have been a glitch, but I have an email confirmation for my purchase (and I was charged for it) and I expect to attend with those tickets. I have checked around the tournament website and see that they are selling extra game tickets to Atlantis guests and non-Atlantis guests alike at the ticket office, so I don't see why it would be any different for me with tickets already reserved legitimately.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We are not staying at Atlantis. I was able to buy a UConn fan package one morning in April after seeing someone post here that they were selling them without requiring a room reservation. IIRC that stopped either later that day or the next day so it may have been a glitch, but I have an email confirmation for my purchase (and I was charged for it) and I expect to attend with those tickets. I have checked around the tournament website and see that they are selling extra game tickets to Atlantis guests and non-Atlantis guests alike at the ticket office, so I don't see why it would be any different for me with tickets already reserved legitimately.
Thanks for response. Can’t wait to see all the husky fans there!!!!

Reaction Score
My health visa was approved this morning, now onto the rest of the family’s. Leaving Saturday and staying at baha Del Mar until moving over to Atlantis Tuesday. Just wanted a change of scenery for a few days since we’ve been to Atlantis twice. Looking forward to different pools, beach and restaurants for a few days.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
@Kathy , @TXHuskyFan , @uchuskies2009 or anyone else, do you know what the deal is with the 5-day rapid antigen test they reference in the Health Visa email? A test we are supposed to get in the Bahamas, separate and apart from the one we need to reenter the US? I thought we didn't need to do that if we are fully vaccinated, but it doesn't say that in that email.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom