Bahamas Health Visa | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bahamas Health Visa

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Delta is advising us to arrive at least 3 hours early to verify travel documents. Fortunately, we fly out of a smaller airport, and security is never a major deal. Probably will still plan on getting there about 2-2.5 hours before our flight tomorrow morning.
Are you flying direct?

Update: Four down, one to go. Still waiting on our youngest daughter's now. Think we're gonna call and see what's up, as it's been more than 12 hours now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reagan - BWI and Philly only had flights with long layovers. Direct out of DC

I've stayed at that Hilton a bunch and yes it's a great place to stay for flights out of Reagan.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Delta is advising us to arrive at least 3 hours early to verify travel documents. Fortunately, we fly out of a smaller airport, and security is never a major deal. Probably will still plan on getting there about 2-2.5 hours before our flight tomorrow morning.

I'll call BS on the 3 hours, but do it anyway. Documents take 2 minutes to check at check in. Once you are through check in you don't need to show documents anywhere else in the boarding process.

One thing I have noticed is it is difficult to check on online any more. They are forcing all passengers to check on on person and show docs in person.

I've also uploaded docs electronically to airlines. Didn't matter. Still had to show everything in person.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've also uploaded docs electronically to airlines. Didn't matter. Still had to show everything in person.
Good to know. American sent me an email suggesting I download their "Verifly" app and upload all the trip documents to make it quicker at the airport. I started to do mine and then realized we'd all need to do it to make a difference so I abandoned it once it started to act wonky. Seemed like another headache.

Speaking of headaches, still no approval for youngest daughter's Bahamas Heath Visa. Coming up on 17 hours, whereas the rest of us got approved within around 2.5 hours or less after submitting. We called the Bahamas Health Visa people and they claim they are all processed randomly and sometimes it can take up to 24 hours with no apparent rhyme or reason, or anything they can do about it. Strange.

Reaction Score
Good to know. American sent me an email suggesting I download their "Verifly" app and upload all the trip documents to make it quicker at the airport. I started to do mine and then realized we'd all need to do it to make a difference so I abandoned it once it started to act wonky. Seemed like another headache.

Speaking of headaches, still no approval for youngest daughter's Bahamas Heath Visa. Coming up on 17 hours, whereas the rest of us got approved within around 2.5 hours or less after submitting. We called the Bahamas Health Visa people and they claim they are all processed randomly and sometimes it can take up to 24 hours with no apparent rhyme or reason, or anything they can do about it. Strange.
Fingers crossed

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So I just found out that our youngest daughter's Health Visa only got approved after my wife called a second time. Whereas the woman she spoke with the first time said there was nothing she could do to check on it, the guy she spoke with the second time went and checked the application number, looked it up and was able to see that it had her as unvaccinated because my wife never completed the line where it asks in what country she got her first shot.

The guy said that the form should not have been able to have been submitted without that line because it's one with an asterisk, so it was some kind of glitch that we were allowed to submit it. Thank God he interceded and got it approved; otherwise he said she probably would have come through tomorrow as unvaccinated and would have had to do the daily health check and 5-day test.

Speaking of which, he also confirmed that fully-vaccinated travelers don't need to do either the daily health check or 5-day test.

Reaction Score
So I just found out that our youngest daughter's Health Visa only got approved after my wife called a second time. Whereas the woman she spoke with the first time said there was nothing she could do to check on it, the guy she spoke with the second time went and checked the application number, looked it up and was able to see that it had her as unvaccinated because my wife never completed the line where it asks in what country she got her first shot.

The guy said that the form should not have been able to have been submitted without that line because it's one with an asterisk, so it was some kind of glitch that we were allowed to submit it. Thank God he interceded and got it approved; otherwise he said she probably would have come through tomorrow as unvaccinated and would have had to do the daily health check and 5-day test.

Speaking of which, he also confirmed that fully-vaccinated travelers don't need to do either the daily health check or 5-day test.
Awesome about clearing up upur daughter's health visa and good we don't have to do the requirements. The 5 day would not have worked for my return on Saturday, so would have needed 2.

Reaction Score

This entire process has been a CF to say the least. I have a client that deals with this type of stuff regularly and told them this morning that there is a huge untapped market to making this process so much easier. I’m not smart enough to figure out the logistics of simplifying it but I am smart enough to know there MUST be an easier way.

Reaction Score
This entire process has been a CF to say the least. I have a client that deals with this type of stuff regularly and told them this morning that there is a huge untapped market to making this process so much easier. I’m not smart enough to figure out the logistics of simplifying it but I am smart enough to know there MUST be an easier way.
You would think so.

Reaction Score
I had to to complete a health survey everyday there. If you didn’t you were fined heavily

Reaction Score

VeriFLY saves a bunch of time and hassle highly recommend. Used it for Bahamas, Anguilla, st marteen

Takes some time uploading all the required documents and the required photo but all I had to do was show the VeriFLY thing to the person and I was through as it has all your vaccination and passport information instead of stumbling through paperwork

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I had to to complete a health survey everyday there. If you didn’t you were fined heavily
I guess they will tell us when we get there but the man from the health visa office told my wife yesterday that it is no longer required for the fully vaccinated.
VeriFLY saves a bunch of time and hassle highly recommend. Used it for Bahamas, Anguilla, st marteen

Takes some time uploading all the required documents and the required photo but all I had to do was show the VeriFLY thing to the person and I was through as it has all your vaccination and passport information instead of stumbling through paperwork
I would have done it if it was just me, but doing everything five times was too much on top of everything else, especially with two daughters not even here until tonight.

How was customs when you entered the Bahamas? Long and a pain, or short and easy?

Reaction Score
Took me all of 30 minutes to check in and get through security with TSA precheck in DC. Now I wait 2+ hours for boarding
We got through security in about the same time. Longer lines than normal at our airport.

I am curious about what the customs line will be like when we land in Nassau in a couple of hours.

Reaction Score
We got through security in about the same time. Longer lines than normal at our airport.

I am curious about what the customs line will be like when we land in Nassau in a couple of hours.
What time do you land?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
One thing I have noticed is it is difficult to check on online any more. They are forcing all passengers to check on on person and show docs in person.
So I just tried to check in online and it says that we have to check in at the airport. This is usually when I purchase checked bags in advance and there is no way to do that now. Is that what you have experienced too? I spoke with someone from American Airlines the other day and she said that we can purchase checked bags at the airport for the same price as online so I guess that's what we'll do, but I sure would like to have that taken care of beforehand.

Reaction Score
So I just tried to check in online and it says that we have to check in at the airport. This is usually when I purchase checked bags in advance and there is no way to do that now. Is that what you have experienced too? I spoke with someone from American Airlines the other day and she said that we can purchase checked bags at the airport for the same price as online so I guess that's what we'll do, but I sure would like to have that taken care of beforehand.
Was able to check in online - printed baggage tags are airport and then present passport and health visa to complete the process. But paid for bagand picked seat ahead of time

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom