Bahamas Health Visa | The Boneyard

Bahamas Health Visa

Reaction Score
FYI - Just created my profile for Travel Health Visa. Can't finish until 5 days before travel.
Need scan of passport photo and information page
Need scan of Covid card with lot numbers.
Need name of doctor/clinic/pharmacy, address and phone number of where you recieved shots.

Reaction Score
Yes and you will also have to get a pcr test 24 hours after arriving and then another prior to coming into USA

Was in the exumas working in may and had to do same thing

Same protocol for Anguilla (have to be fully vaccinated and 21 days past last shot, negative PCR within 72 hours travel then you are given a red wrist band and have to quarantine wherever you are staying. On 4th day you get another PCR and one you get negative results you can go wherever and remove the bracelet and then another PCR to leave) it’s a pain and you pay for every test you take fyi

Reaction Score
Yes and you will also have to get a pcr test 24 hours after arriving and then another prior to coming into USA

Same protocol for Anguilla (have to be fully vaccinated and 21 days past last shot, negative PCR within 72 hours travel then you are given a red wrist band and have to quarantine wherever you are staying. On 4th day you get another PCR and one you get negative results you can go wherever and remove the bracelet and then another PCR to leave) it’s a pain and you pay for every test you take fyi
Bahamas does not require test or quarantine upon arrival. Will only have to test to return to the US.

Reaction Score

If you're staying at Atlantis, they offer you one complementary test for every 7 or some days that you are a guest at the resort. Also, what @Kathy said is all correct. Kind of a pain that you can't fill in your trip information until 5 days prior. We have everything else completed in there, but it would be nice to populate our flight information in advance.

Reaction Score
If you're staying at Atlantis, they offer you one complementary test for every 7 or some days that you are a guest at the resort. Also, what @Kathy said is all correct. Kind of a pain that you can't fill in your trip information until 5 days prior. We have everything else completed in there, but it would be nice to populate our flight information in advance.
That was frustrating. I am.also bringing a US approved covid test in case there is trouble getting one there before returning.

Reaction Score
Bahamas does not require test or quarantine upon arrival. Will only have to test to return to the US.
Anguilla required 4 day quarantine I was saying

But Bahamas when I was there required 3 tests. Before arriving, 24 hours after arriving, then 48 hours before departure and you pay for every single one cost me $60/test

Reaction Score
That was frustrating. I am.also bringing a US approved covid test in case there is trouble getting one there before returning.
Don’t think that will fly bringing your own. Testing wasn’t an issue. You might have to wait an hour in line though

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No skin in the game with this directly but I've done some international travel recently for work and have more coming.

Stay vigilant. Things change constantly. What is required now can change and what is not required now may become required.

If you're going to the Battle, I'd recommend checking travel requirements daily.

Reaction Score
Anguilla required 4 day quarantine I was saying

But Bahamas when I was there required 3 tests. Before arriving, 24 hours after arriving, then 48 hours before departure and you pay for every single one cost me $60/test
Just checked this morning and that was the latest

Reaction Score
Don’t think that will fly bringing your own. Testing wasn’t an issue. You might have to wait an hour in line though
State department reccomended that as a failsafe

Curiouser
Reaction Score

No skin in the game with this directly but I've done some international travel recently for work and have more coming.

Stay vigilant. Things change constantly. What is required now can change and what is not required now may become required.

If you're going to the Battle, I'd recommend checking travel requirements daily.
Chin is right that things can change between now and then, but as of now there is one US-approved Covid test and we are also bringing one of those for each of us. We are flying home on Delta and this test is sold directly from a link on Delta's website regarding accepted tests. It requires a video conference with a qualified health professional who watches you take the test and then confirms the results in an e-mail; and the potential problem is obviously an overload of the system on one of the busiest travel holidays of the year.

I also expect to use ours as a backup. We are not staying at Atlantis, but there is a restaurant called Latitudes in Nassau that apparently provides Covid tests for diners upon request. There are also clinics there, and we have the What's App contact for a nurse who will come to our villa and do the tests on site, but I read something about $170 per person charge, and if that's the case it will be a last resort.

On another note, does anyone have anything other than an email receipt for their tickets at this point? I purchased the UConn package with two mid-court seats to each game and that's all my email says, so I'm wondering how and when I will get the actual tickets.

Reaction Score
Chin is right that things can change between now and then, but as of now there is one US-approved Covid test and we are also bringing one of those for each of us. We are flying home on Delta and this test is sold directly from a link on Delta's website regarding accepted tests. It requires a video conference with a qualified health professional who watches you take the test and then confirms the results in an e-mail; and the potential problem is obviously an overload of the system on one of the busiest travel holidays of the year.

I also expect to use ours as a backup. We are not staying at Atlantis, but there is a restaurant called Latitudes in Nassau that apparently provides Covid tests for diners upon request. There are also clinics there, and we have the What's App contact for a nurse who will come to our villa and do the tests on site, but I read something about $170 per person charge, and if that's the case it will be a last resort.

On another note, does anyone have anything other than an email receipt for their tickets at this point? I purchased the UConn package with two mid-court seats to each game and that's all my email says, so I'm wondering how and when I will get the actual tickets.
Wondering the same about the tickets as well....

Reaction Score

Yeah, I will keep checking. I should ne able to test on site as I am staying at Atlantis, but backup just in case. I have only my confirmation of order, no tickets yet.

Reaction Score

In 2015 tickets were picked up at the box office with your receipt. That’s for Day 1.

Reaction Score
In 2015 tickets were picked up at the box office with your receipt. That’s for Day 1.
That's exactly what I was told. Pick up your tickets when you get there. They are not mailed or emailed out.

Reaction Score

Correct--you can't bring your own to get back into the USA. Learned that the hard way getting back here last summer. All the resorts have testing places on site right now though.

Reaction Score
Didn’t see testing 24 hours after arrival.

I worked through this yesterday and also didn't see anything about 24 after arrival. If fully vaccinated, PCR or rapid antigen test within 5 days of arrival and needed for the health visa, then another within 3 days of return for US protocols. Rapid antigen test is NOT accepted if not fully vaccinated. Bahamas Travel Health Visa

Reaction Score
I worked through this yesterday and also didn't see anything about 24 after arrival. If fully vaccinated, PCR or rapid antigen test within 5 days of arrival and needed for the health visa, then another within 3 days of return for US protocols. Rapid antigen test is NOT accepted if not fully vaccinated. Bahamas Travel Health Visa
Is the change to allowing a rapid antigen test something new/recent? When I was setting our profiles up last week, I was under the impression that a PCR test was all that was accepted, regardless of vaccination status.

Reaction Score
Is the change to allowing a rapid antigen test something new/recent? When I was setting our profiles up last week, I was under the impression that a PCR test was all that was accepted, regardless of vaccination status.
I don't know if it's new or not. See the link and graphic showing Rapid Antigen as acceptable and PCR as an option. PCR is required if unvaccinated.

Reaction Score
Didn’t see testing 24 hours after arrival.
There isn't if you are fully vaxed. Was referring him back to my prior post which said we did not have to test after arrival.

Reaction Score
Pcr is all saw, just scheduled mine for the 15th

Reaction Score
Correct--you can't bring your own to get back into the USA. Learned that the hard way getting back here last summer. All the resorts have testing places on site right now though.
State department says otherwise.

Reaction Score
I don't know if it's new or not. See the link and graphic showing Rapid Antigen as acceptable and PCR as an option. PCR is required if unvaccinated.
Figure I'll do PCR in case anything changes because there already had been. In September proof of vaccine was enough, as of 10-16 negative test again required.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom