Bahamas Health Visa | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bahamas Health Visa

Reaction Score
Figure I'll do PCR in case anything changes because there already had been. In September proof of vaccine was enough, as of 10-16 negative test again required.
I'm just so worried about a false positive result ruining this whole thing for us that I am getting paranoid.

Reaction Score
State department says otherwise.

Let me clarify... it needs to be one of those tests where you have remote supervision while you take it.

Reaction Score
I'm just so worried about a false positive result ruining this whole thing for us that I am getting paranoid.
That's the other advantage of PCR over rapid, less false positives.

Reaction Score
Let me clarify... it needs to be one of those tests where you have remote supervision while you take it.
Which the ones approved by the State department, which I have at home use zoom to verify test and results.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm referring to the negative test result needed to get there LOL. I'm perfectly fine spending a few extra days in the Bahamas.

Not worried anout a false positive there just don't want one here
My wife said the same but I noted that we would not be staying in the rental villa and Lord knows where you actually can stay there when that happens.

Reaction Score
My wife said the same but I noted that we would not be staying in the rental villa and Lord knows where you actually can stay there when that happens.
If you tell the villa owner you tested positive and want to stay, I doubt the incoming renters would want the place...I know I wouldn't

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If you tell the villa owner you tested positive and want to stay, I doubt the incoming renters would want the place...I know I wouldn't
I just checked and the incoming renters don't arrive until Thursday, so it may be an option--except that it's twice the price that we booked for (I got a great deal booking it last December).

Reaction Score
I actually hoped Atlantis might have some empty rooms, since I am there anyway. If not just see if a time share was available. Hey I'd sleep on the beach. I'm retired and have nothing pressing to rush back for. I'm almost regretting I only did a week.

Reaction Score
I just checked and the incoming renters don't arrive until Thursday, so it may be an option--except that it's twice the price that we booked for (I got a great deal booking it last December).
Looks like with a positive test while there the travel insurance kicks in and pays up to $500 a day and up to $7000 total.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Looks like with a positive test while there the travel insurance kicks in and pays up to $500 a day and up to $7000 total.
Guess I should have bought travel insurance...

Reaction Score
I actually hoped Atlantis might have some empty rooms, since I am there anyway. If not just see if a time share was available. Hey I'd sleep on the beach. I'm retired and have nothing pressing to rush back for. I'm almost regretting I only did a week.
There are always cancellations....I'd be shocked if you couldn't stay some extra time. Back in the day (2019) when I traveled for work, I'd show up at conferences without a reservation because they were sold out...and lo and behold, they would almost always have a room...often at less than the attendees were paying

Reaction Score
If you are going, don't use Bio Reference Labs for your coviid test....just heard on FAN that ALL (except the one coach) the Giants positive covid results were false positives!!

False Positives

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Been traveling quite bit this year and the golden rule ( because you just don’t know what will change on any given day) is to get a PCR test 72 hours prior to departure. I have found it’s easy to get tested to come back into the US- there is no shortage of people lining up to take Americans money although it can be pricey.
PCR tests almost never have false positives. I’ve had roughly 20 PCR tests this year and no problems.

Reaction Score
If you want to stay in Bahamas for free get Covid before you leave they will pay for your housing for 10 days quarantine period ( this happened to someone in our group when leaving not sure if they changed that since may)

Reaction Score
Alright - my travel visa is now pending. Another step closer.

Reaction Score
I got mine approved last night (submitted yesterday afternoon) and paid it this morning. Pretty efficient, but definitely worrisome. Submitted my wife's this morning, so hoping to have hers back either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Reaction Score
I got mine approved last night (submitted yesterday afternoon) and paid it this morning. Pretty efficient, but definitely worrisome. Submitted my wife's this morning, so hoping to have hers back either tonight or tomorrow morning.
Submitted mine this morning - fingers crossed

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Alright - my travel visa is now pending. Another step closer.

Submitted mine this morning - fingers crossed
When are you guys leaving? We are all getting tested today (I did this morning) and leaving on Sunday. You need the results to submit the application, right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom