Badass Awards for Ohio State Victory. . . | The Boneyard

Badass Awards for Ohio State Victory. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree Kibs. Lou killed the Buckeyes in the 3rd quarter with her shooting and blew open a close game. Pheesa had the sneakiest 27 points that any body could have. I knew she scored a bunch of points in the post but didn't realize that she had that many. :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Clearly the best choices but Gabby's defense, rebounding and team leading assists continues to impress. All 6 players played well and but I particularly liked Crystal Dangerfield's demeanor. Serious Badass in training.

Reaction Score
. . .go to Katie Lou Samuelson and Napheesa Collier!:):)

GAME SUMMARY: We had 'em all the way!;)
There is no denying that Katie Collier and Napheesa Samuelson won the award, however--Mitchell, Kelsey had 19 points at the half and finished with 23---who shut her down/? Gabby and Dangerfield.
Also Munvagu (sp fix it kib)--was the go to for OS in the 2nd quarter--and Natalie stopped that.
Is there a Bad Belly Button award?? Gabby, Dangerfiel, Natalie, Kia earned something..

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Have to agree with Lou & Pheesa for tonight's badass award, but here's a spoiler alert:

DANGER IS GETTING BETTER EVERY GAME!!!
I thought Crystal did really well earlier in the season, but the concussion really seemed to set her back for several weeks (maybe 4 games or so?). She certainly seemed to be back to normal tonight.

Not sure if the concussion affected her play after she was cleared to be back on the court, but she seems back to her old self. Looking forward to seeing how she improves as the season progresses. Hopefully no freshman wall for her. We aren't deep enough! ;)

Reaction Score
katieloubadass.jpg

Reaction Score
I agree Kibs. Lou killed the Buckeyes in the 3rd quarter with her shooting and blew open a close game. Pheesa had the sneakiest 27 points that any body could have. I knew she scored a bunch of points in the post but didn't realize that she had that many. :)
Exactly! Napheesa took advantage in the second half and rebounded and scored repeatedly to help keep the lead that Katie Lou had helped create. Sneaky points indeed!

Reaction Score
No BadAss in this game. This was a TEAM effort. OSU couldn't focus in on anyone, so they looked AWFUL on defense. They aren't a dirty team, but they LOOKED dirty at times, simply because they were getting played like Battling Tops and getting caught out of position. A jumper by Pheesa, then Lou bags a three, Gabby makes a RIDICULOUS play in the paint, Nurse drives the ball down their throat, Danger makes one of her SICK high-bankers...then Butler comes in and completely clogs up the middle...OSU's eyeballs looked like pinballs. Deer-in-the-headlights from the get-go (outside of Mitchell).

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Everyone contributed, everyone was essential
A complete team victory
Not that many pieces
But they surely all played their role.
What an feeling of extravagance it will be when the number goes from 6 to 7 with Saniya's return.
Scary playing with 6.

I'm with hard hat
Total team victory.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Clearly the best choices but Gabby's defense, rebounding and team leading assists continues to impress. All 6 players played well and but I particularly liked Crystal Dangerfield's demeanor. Serious Badass in training.
Yep!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I like the idea of the team award. Though Kia had a really good quality game and provide the muscle to back up her teammates - no one better mess with any of her teammates. Hard nosed on both ends.
Lou and Napheesa provided the scoring punch, but the whole team shut down a potent offense. Going to need the same effort on the 29th.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Pheese and Lou Conn for sure but this might be a game for a 3 spot.....Williams also.
12,7,6 & 2! Gabby's well balanced #'s make her a Badass tonight, too!!!

Upon further review. . .

. . . a third Badass Award for the Ohio State victory goes to Gabby Williams! :):)

Her combination of rebounds (12), assists (6), and steals (6) exemplified Badass play. It was easy to watch and enjoy Lou and Pheesa drop 53 points, but Gabby's floor play was highly disruptive to the Buckeyes and made certain that their visit was a disappointment.:)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Hey, i won't argue against Gabby. All three badasses were magnificent.

You know what's badass? This program has set a standard for consecutive victories that no other program has come close to approaching. Even 70 is a standard to which no program has come close, and UConn has won 70+ in a row three times and 80+ twice.

Reaction Score
I like the idea of the team award. Though Kia had a really good quality game and provide the muscle to back up her teammates - no one better mess with any of her teammates. Hard nosed on both ends.
Lou and Napheesa provided the scoring punch, but the whole team shut down a potent offense. Going to need the same effort on the 29th.

Kia must be channeling the old Shea Ralph.
That stoppage with the complaint that Kia elbowed the OS player---ended with nothing--isn't a false complaint/hold up of game entitled to a Technical ??
I agree with those that saw this as a ToTAL team effort--along with a shout out to KLS and Precious (Napheesa).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom