Badass Awards for Ohio State Victory. . . | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Badass Awards for Ohio State Victory. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Upon further review. . .

. . . a third Badass Award for the Ohio State victory goes to Gabby Williams! :):)

Her combination of rebounds (12), assists (6), and steals (6) exemplified Badass play. It was easy to watch and enjoy Lou and Pheesa drop 53 points, but Gabby's floor play was highly disruptive to the Buckeyes and made certain that their visit was a disappointment.:)
Thank you!! She earned it.

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
I agree Kibs. Lou killed the Buckeyes in the 3rd quarter with her shooting and blew open a close game. Pheesa had the sneakiest 27 points that any body could have. I knew she scored a bunch of points in the post but didn't realize that she had that many. :)

This Ohio State game was ONE o the FINEST examples of TEAM Effort I have even watched --1962 Grad Some UCONN rebounds, etal were JUST IMPRESSIVE !!!

Last edited:

Siestakeyfan

Reaction Score
No BadAss in this game. This was a TEAM effort. OSU couldn't focus in on anyone, so they looked AWFUL on defense. They aren't a dirty team, but they LOOKED dirty at times, simply because they were getting played like Battling Tops and getting caught out of position. A jumper by Pheesa, then Lou bags a three, Gabby makes a RIDICULOUS play in the paint, Nurse drives the ball down their throat, Danger makes one of her SICK high-bankers...then Butler comes in and completely clogs up the middle...OSU's eyeballs looked like pinballs. Deer-in-the-headlights from the get-go (outside of Mitchell).
Well stated !!!!

Siestakeyfan

Reaction Score
Upon further review. . .

. . . a third Badass Award for the Ohio State victory goes to Gabby Williams! :):)

Her combination of rebounds (12), assists (6), and steals (6) exemplified Badass play. It was easy to watch and enjoy Lou and Pheesa drop 53 points, but Gabby's floor play was highly disruptive to the Buckeyes and made certain that their visit was a disappointment.:)

Nice post !!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Kia must be channeling the old Shea Ralph.
That stoppage with the complaint that Kia elbowed the OS player---ended with nothing--isn't a false complaint/hold up of game entitled to a Technical ??
I agree with those that saw this as a ToTAL team effort--along with a shout out to KLS and Precious (Napheesa).
I had no idea why it took the refs so long to make a "no call". The 1st time they showed the footage, it was clear that the OSU player was practically tackling Kia coming around a screen. The contact was initiated by the defender. Kia was fighting to pull away and in the process she inadvertently hit the OSU player with her left arm. No elbow involved, just Kia playing hard, as she always does.

Reaction Score
If SC has the best front court in WBB, Uconn has the most versatile.
Probably ---this is yet to be determined. If UC gets by MD (I see Natalie earned her scholarship in this game) then we'll wait until the USC game to make this determination.

Reaction Score
Probably ---this is yet to be determined. If UC gets by MD (I see Natalie earned her scholarship in this game) then we'll wait until the USC game to make this determination.

I thnk Nat will be the game changer one way or another. And not necessarily by scoring.

Reaction Score
I had no idea why it took the refs so long to make a "no call". The 1st time they showed the footage, it was clear that the OSU player was practically tackling Kia coming around a screen. The contact was initiated by the defender. Kia was fighting to pull away and in the process she inadvertently hit the OSU player with her left arm. No elbow involved, just Kia playing hard, as she always does.

I still can't believe that player can hold up the game by making a 'false' charge without some level of punishment. Doesn't this at least fall under --unsportsman like conduct???

Reaction Score
I thnk Nat will be the game changer one way or another. And not necessarily by scoring.
While Natalie "CAN" score--her greatest asset is being a big body who plays pretty good D --Jones lives on her size and strength--no doubt she shoots well --but close in it's size and strength---like A^M's Adams.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If SC has the best front court in WBB, Uconn has the most versatile.
I note that you preface your remark with "If", so I'll assume that it is not necessarily what you believe. SC certainly has 2 very good bigs in Wilson & Coates, but I would suggest that the Huskies have both the best and most versatile front court in WBB.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I still can't believe that player can hold up the game by making a 'false' charge without some level of punishment. Doesn't this at least fall under --unsportsman like conduct???
I don't disagree, but for now we'll just have to console ourselves with the knowledge that the Huskies whipped an OSU team with 6 McD AA's by 19 pts.:oops:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
. . .go to Katie Lou Samuelson and Napheesa Collier!:):)

GAME SUMMARY: We had 'em all the way!;)[/QUOTE

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Napheesa & Katie Lou's name is somehow brought up on a regular basis when this game award is announced here. Why is that? :eek:

I would suggest (move) to one and all that out of 29 regular season games, if you can be designated a "Badass" for at least 3/4 (22) of those games, that should automatically qualify you for strong consideration as a WCBB D-1 All-American. Does anyone second the motion? :rolleyes: These two young ladies are well on their way towards that nod.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

No, but nice try. Badass Awards are for Boneyard recognition and consumption purposes only. ;)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
This cannot be determined by one or two games. Uconn may win both games but that won't necessarily mean they have the best front court. I'm basing my comments on what I have seen over the first ten games of the season. Announcers and analysts are saying SC has the best front court in WBB. My comment was in response to what they have been saying. So far this season, Uconn has ONE of the most versatile front courts in the country, if not the best. imo.

Reaction Score
Have to agree with Lou & Pheesa for tonight's badass award, but here's a spoiler alert:

DANGER IS GETTING BETTER EVERY GAME!!!
Just wait until she comes out of her comma. ;)

Reaction Score
This cannot be determined by one or two games. Uconn may win both games but that won't necessarily mean they have the best front court. I'm basing my comments on what I have seen over the first ten games of the season. Announcers and analysts are saying SC has the best front court in WBB. My comment was in response to what they have been saying. So far this season, Uconn has ONE of the most versatile front courts in the country, if not the best. imo.

Coates and Aja may well be the best---I'm not sure how you evaluate that parameter!! l'm far from an expert--what separates the Announcers from you and me is: They hold microphones, have a camera a blog, or a written media job.In WBB Kara Lawson is the only one I trust. ----The world just saw what experts, pundits, analyst who were world famous experts really know!!
The only way to show which one is better is to play the game. Even Geno knows this team has flaws--question is which has more flaws and players who respond to the coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom