Badass Award for Louisville Game... | The Boneyard

Badass Award for Louisville Game...

Who is the bad ass for the UCONN - L'ville game?

• Lou-conn - 26 points, 3 boards, 3 assists

Votes: 56 58.3%
  • Gabulous - 12 points, 15 boards, 6 assists, 1 steal

Votes: 40 41.7%

• Total voters

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In a game where probably not many fans will be "satisfied", UCONN stormed out the first quarter, held on for the 2nd, and got outplayed in the 2nd half. L'ville is no slouch. For everyone who thought it would be a blowout, think again.

Only 2 choices for the B-A today. What say you?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I went with Lou, I think she set the tone in the 1st quarter.

Reaction Score
Not as sharp 2nd half but Louisville had a lot to do with that by cutting down on turnovers & making shots. Louisville was a little better but we did what needed to do to stay in control of the game. I thought the pace actually helped us during the 2nd half taking time away that Louisville had to come back - that pace almost made it necessary for Louisville to make every shot & we weren't going to keep shooting in the 2nd half the way we did in the 1st half. A great win for us. I'm thinking we will see Louisville again in late March/early April...

You could make a case for the defensive job Kia did in the 1st half on Durr. Anyone that ever tried having to face guard a player that way knows how hard that is.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Oddly, it felt like Chris Dailey's night. You only get into the HOF once, so CD gets my BA for this night.
She didn't play. If you want to start a Chris Dailey thread regarding her incredible career and all she's meant to UCONN, that's great, but that's not the point of the bad-ass award...

Reaction Score
Why in the second we are no longer going to Katie-Lou? WE start taking shots which we shouldn't and missing which allowed Louiville to get back in the game. Why are Azura outside shots so off, not even close?

Reaction Score
...goes to Katy Lou Samuelson.
Gabby a close second.
Special recognition to Gabby and Lou for creative hair styles.
I thought Lou was fantastic and Gabby played wonderfully and with great energy! Not much of a shocker about that, is there? I felt Kia played a great game, particularly on the defensive side but was disappointed with Crystal's performance and with Pheesa, as well. Though Pheesa made a few nice plays late in the game, for long periods I thought she was invisible. Crystal couldn't hit the broad side of a barn but I guess she had to make the defense honest. UConn's shooting in the second half was pretty poor but their defense stayed reasonably solid in that second half.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Asia Durr. Face guarded and confused for much of the game she found a way to make UConn pay time and again in the second half. My respect for her grows. My POG, and a fine young lady at that.

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
Why in the second we are no longer going to Katie-Lou? WE start taking shots which we shouldn't and missing which allowed Louiville to get back in the game. Why are Azura outside shots so off, not even close?

Very disappointed in Azura !

Reaction Score

Also she had last second shots regarding shot clock instead of setting her up early to your point.

Reaction Score
Surely some truth in what happened later in the game.

Reaction Score
Also she had last second shots regarding shot clock instead of setting her up early to your point.
I saw a couple second half shots where she got that late pass when she wasn't in any position to do anything but shoot a poor shot because of an expiring clock. The passing wasn't as crisp in the latter part of the game, to say the least.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Katie Lou-ser-villes them! She gets my vote.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom