Badass Award for Louisville Game... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Badass Award for Louisville Game...

Who is the bad ass for the UCONN - L'ville game?

• Lou-conn - 26 points, 3 boards, 3 assists

Votes: 56 58.3%
  • Gabulous - 12 points, 15 boards, 6 assists, 1 steal

Votes: 40 41.7%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
While many may pick the high scorer or who ever had the most rebounds which are very important I do not. My B-A goes to the TEAM...;)
While in modern times in sports Geno is known as the head coach, if this was played in what I will call days gone by he would be known as Maitr de ballet!

This game was won like many are by UConn because of unselfish sharing of the ball and passing that more men's teams should be paying attention to.

The game was won in the first half with very crisp passing and of course some lights out shooting. No team in a decent match shoots the same % both half's as was proof with L'vlle picking it up in the second. It is a shame for UConn players that only one player can get an assist on a basket. It is frequent a 3/4 length of the court pass goes to the next passer who gets it to the cutter for the hoop and the assist. But then again, they love to share the ball. All good and fun to watch. :D

JS

Reaction Score
Did Kib abdicate?
No. We're working on the dual (or dueling?) threads issue.

On edit: Solution =

There may be a poll-based Player of Game thread started by someone else.

There will be only one BadAss™ thread, started by Kibitzer if at all.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
No. We're working on the dual (or dueling?) threads issue.
Very clever. Perhaps you deserve at least one BA vote!

Reaction Score
Lou played like a POY in the first 3 quarters and than the team for some reason stopped passing her the ball. She was the POG for me as she set the tone with the amazing first quarter.

Reaction Score
It was a sold win. However, UConn shot themselves in the foot in the second half. Geno should tell Z to never take a 3-point shot again. Crystal was 1 for 7 from 3 with 1 assist. If Gabby could hit that foul line jumper, UConn would be unstoppable. It's not like Crystal can't drive or pull up and take a 2. UConn gave away at least 10 points on offense. It wasn't what Louisville did; it's what UConn didn't do.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I saw a couple second half shots where she got that late pass when she wasn't in any position to do anything but shoot a poor shot because of an expiring clock. The passing wasn't as crisp in the latter part of the game, to say the least.
Didn't Louisville's defense have something to do with that?

Reaction Score
I know this is sort of nuts, and I'm not giving her Kib's highest honor, but I want to give at least a big shout out to Z!

It would have been so easy for her to fold her tent and sulk after playing her worst 3 quarters maybe in any uniform. But she came through big time in the 4Q when the score was drifting in the wrong way. That takes heart!

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
...goes to Katy Lou Samuelson.
Gabby a close second.
Special recognition to Gabby and Lou for creative hair styles.

My goodness! Can I be the first to say how much we all MISSED YOU!!!

Hope you are well Kib!

Boneyard ♡ KIB

Reaction Score
Gotta go with Katie Lou tonight. Once again showed up for a big game. Hope those NPOY voters were paying attention. She has worked hard to improve her game. Gabby had an awesome night as well especially some of those steals and rebounds. Holly Rowe says Gabby can reach 11 inches above the rim, and if she had said 11 feet above the rim I would have believed it.

Reaction Score
the debate of the #1 player in the in the 2015 high school class, was settled tonight :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
In a game where probably not many fans will be "satisfied", UCONN stormed out the first quarter, held on for the 2nd, and got outplayed in the 2nd half. L'ville is no slouch. For everyone who thought it would be a blowout, think again.

Only 2 choices for the B-A today. What say you?
EricLa I often agree with your points and don't even fully disagree with any of what you said here.
In my reading between your lines is where I see it a bit differently.
Yes Louisville is no slouch but also true is this never was a close truly competitive game. Yes the final score and second half surely wouldn't qualify as a blowout, but these two teams are not at the same level.
One of the most difficult thing for any team against U Conn is stopping their runs. Louisville failed at this horribly in the first quarter. MS last year was able to do it, stayed with us and then was able to win it in the end.
I hope I didn't misread between your lines.
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Lou gets it, although if Gabby knocked down a couple more jumpers, she'd be my BADASS for the game
Gabby was and is trenendous athlete, teammate, defensive player and passer. But it needs to be remembered how many times she was wide open at the foul line to top of the key and didn't even consider shooting. Unless she becomes a much better shooter, she will remain all she is, which is pretty amazing.
And learning to shoot for her because of her motor and athleticism will not be easy to do.
She had a great game and we surely don't win without any of those three.
Kia who also is unbelievable young woman and player and locked down their star, periodically gets lost offensively sometimes for extended periods.
My only criticism of KLS is her not putting together two halves of the way she played the first. She is clearly capable of it and I am not just talking about her shooting.
This was an interesting choice for Bad Ass this game but KLS was my choice. We took them out of the game in the first quarter and a lot of that was Lou!
Bronx23

Mister2

Looking for Mister1
Reaction Score
Gabby was and is trenendous athlete, teammate, defensive player and passer. But it needs to be remembered how many times she was wide open at the foul line to top of the key and didn't even consider shooting. Unless she becomes a much better shooter, she will remain all she is, which is pretty amazing.
And learning to shoot for her because of her motor and athleticism will not be easy to do.
Kia who also is unbelievable young woman and player and locked down their star, periodically gets lost offensively sometimes for extended periods.
My only criticism of KLS is her not putting together two halves of the way she played the first. She is clearly capable of it and I am not just talking about her shooting.
This was an interesting choice for Bad Ass this game but KLS was my choice. We took them out of the game in the first quarter and a lot of that was Lou!
Bronx23

The scenario in which KLS after having a tremendous scoring first half only to be followed by a relatively quiet scoring second half has now been repeated so many times that coincidence is no longer a probable explanation. There has to be a specific reason. I believe there is another thread on this topic but I didn't find the speculations there particularly credible (one such speculation is that she focuses on being a shot-maker in the first half and a play-maker in the second).

A review of all such KLS games tends to give one the superficial impression that, for some reason, the team as a whole decided to limit the number of her shots (I have observed many instances in the second half of many games where she had been wide open and calling for the ball to no avail). This cannot, of course, be true, but it is a puzzling phenomenon. However, I think it's a bit premature to criticize her for it.

The only way to get to the bottom of this would be for Justine Ward to pose the question directly to Geno in his next show.

Reaction Score
Wonderful team play with Katie Lou really taking a leadership role. The most impressive point for me was when Gabby leaped into the air like superwoman and intercepted that pass to the Louisville player who also was leaping resulting in a 2 point score by Gabby and the Team.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Bronx23
I must say I’m a little baffled by Gabby’s shooting this season. During the latter half of last season, she was pretty effective with her 15-20’ jumper. I’m sure she practices shooting a lot, and she’s a good foul shooter. I just don’t get why a wide open jump shot from the foul line is so hard for her.

HGN

Reaction Score
I went with Gabby........(as I closed my eyes and just pointed). Finger hit the button for Gabulous. Figured what the heck , I couldn't go wrong with either choice.

GO YOU 2 BADASSES.....GO HUSKIES!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom