Bad reasons to not fire Randy NOW | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bad reasons to not fire Randy NOW

Reaction Score
how would we get Dino Babers?
He’s on the hot seat. If he were to get fired he would be interesting has HCing experience and has an exciting offense

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If we fired Randy during the season, who is the interim head coach?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Why not the Chesney guy who just kicked our asses?

New England guy, been a head coach for over a decade, yet just 44.... Here is his hiring press conf...initially signed for 5 years

Reaction Score
We need a guy tomorrow. Not next year. We are done with “next years”. Weist is likely available. If he works out, you keep him. If he doesnt, move on. I guarantee Weist would have the offense producing after 4 or 5 games. There is no salvaging this disaster by waiting. The best we can do is avoid more massive damage being done. We need a high energy, motivational guy. He’s the guy for this moment IMO. I’d take Moorhead in a second but I don’t think he’s leaving a 900k job to jump into this mess.

Reaction Score
We need a guy tomorrow. Not next year. We are done with “next years”. Weist is likely available. If he works out, you keep him. If he doesnt, move on. I guarantee Weist would have the offense producing after 4 or 5 games. There is no salvaging this disaster by waiting. The best we can do is avoid more massive damage being done. We need a high energy, motivational guy. He’s the guy for this moment IMO. I’d take Moorhead in a second but I don’t think he’s leaving a 900k job to jump into this mess.
Is there any precedent of firing a coach and hiring his replacement mid-year? It would be ... Awkward

Reaction Score
I’d take Moorhead in a second but I don’t think he’s leaving a 900k job to jump into this mess.

You are most likely right, however, that is a call that needs to be made when the time comes.

Reaction Score
Why not the Chesney guy who just kicked our asses?

and hopefully he can bring his QB with him. Unbelievable that he is just a freshman. Makes me wonder what our freshman QB can do if we ran read option. We can at least give him a "wildcat" role just to see how it goes.

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I would like Mo about ead a lot but as someone said not sure he would want to come here unless he had all the say for the program, unlike Miss St.

How about Charlie Weis Jr, He is offensive Coordinator at USF Zach Kittley
Zach Kittley Offensive Coordinator at Western Kentucky and was at Houston Baptist before.
Corey Dennis at Ohio St as Quarterback coach
Brian Brohm Offensive Coordinator at Purdue

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Moorhead is making 1.15mm this year. I don't see UConn as his next opportunity.

Reaction Score
Chesney isn't leaving HC for UConn......it's a step-down in many ways except for financially

Reaction Score
Um...that's a pretty big thing to most people.
It is of course, but HC offers a lot more to Chesney than the added UConn $$$....better academics/kids to coach, facilities, quality of life etc.....the UConn $ is not worth the headaches....he'll leave HC but it won't be to UConn

Reaction Score
Addazio may not be at Colorado State very long…

It was always absurd for him to leave the Northeast.

Reaction Score
It is of course, but HC offers a lot more to Chesney than the added UConn $$$....better academics/kids to coach, facilities, quality of life etc.....the UConn $ is not worth the headaches....he'll leave HC but it won't be to UConn
Not sure what you're implying by better kids to coach…And better facilities?!!! You might want to visit the Storrs campus before you throw that one out there. Holy Cross having better facilities is beyond laughable. The only better facility Holy Cross has over UConn is the church on campus.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
LOL, who is choosing HC over UConn for academics? It is a glorified catholic high school.

And by facilities are you referring to the aged bleachers next to the ballpark?

And quality of life in...Worcester???

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
-It’s too expensive-it’s practically free

-we might lose every game this season-we probably will lose every game no matter what

-nobody will take us seriously-nobody takes us seriously

-all of the talented players will leave-ummmm if there are any, they are going into the portal anyway

-recruits will decommit- they will eventually anyways

-it will hurt attendance-haha

What am I missing?
Nothing. This a great breakdown. All we need now is AD David Benedict to see this and make his move. Start the national search for a new head coach early.

Reaction Score
Nothing. This a great breakdown. All we need now is AD David Benedict to see this and make his move. Start the national search for a new head coach early.

He should be on the phone today. But I doubt he is.

What more does he need to see that the current situation is completely unacceptable?

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
He should be on the phone today. But I doubt he is.

What more does he need to see that the current situation is completely unacceptable?
Excuses and being OK with mediocrity which I always thought wasn’t OK with being an athletic program at the University of Connecticut. But guess I’m wrong?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom