Bad reasons to not fire Randy NOW | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bad reasons to not fire Randy NOW

Reaction Score
It is of course, but HC offers a lot more to Chesney than the added UConn $$$....better academics/kids to coach, facilities, quality of life etc.....the UConn $ is not worth the headaches....he'll leave HC but it won't be to UConn
Jumped the shark here. Time to send this guy packing.

Reaction Score
I’d love to pay Moorhead 2.5-3 mill and invest in some success that will pay for itself. I know people are reflecting on what we’ve paid Randy and thinking we can’t pay anyone, but it isn’t true. We were paying Diaco and our financial situation is a little better. Randy came in on budget because he had no offers and we still had to pay Diaco. Diaco is off payroll now.

Take a run at winning and filling the stadium. If it doesn’t work, then scale back. We deserve a fair shot at being successful.

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
He’s on the hot seat. If he were to get fired he would be interesting has HCing experience and has an exciting offense
At least Cuse beat the team it was supposed to beat yesterday.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
My path forward:

1. Today, AD Dave meets with whomever the power brokers are that support Randy and tell them that Randy is done. He lost the players and the long-term health of the program depends on a successful coaching change.

2. Later today, fire Randy and appoint an interim coach from among the current staff. I would pick the one who has experience and the players like, if possible.

3. Tomorrow morning, meet with the players and new coach to tell them Randy is gone, this is the interim coach, and UCONN is developing a long-term selection process for the new coach. Tell the players that their input is essential to the selection process.

4. Tomorrow afternoon, have a press conference to announce the changes.

5. Tuesday, the most important part - start working to secure a commitment from UCONN to fund a coach and staff.

Reaction Score
Isn’t the state currently flush with free COVID cash from the federal govt?

Ned seems to really like UConn…maybe funnel some of it into recruiting and paying a new modern coach and his staff?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
LOL, who is choosing HC over UConn for academics? It is a glorified catholic high school.

And by facilities are you referring to the aged bleachers next to the ballpark?

And quality of life in...Worcester???
Worcester has the blow up bear on Polar Soda's roof though!!

Reaction Score
We don’t need Moorhead or Weist. Moorhead won’t come here because he isn’t going to get the budget to hire the coordinators he wants.

We need someone like a Chesney. Doesn’t have to be a Chesney; who comes to UConn, makes it a success and inevitably moves on.

That on its own makes UConn different. It’s a place to springboard your career and then you can compete for more successful up and

Reaction Score
How about at a minimum we at least hope for a QB switch to whoever just see what that does. Can't keep having preventable 14 point swings.

Reaction Score
and hopefully he can bring his QB with him. Unbelievable that he is just a freshman. Makes me wonder what our freshman QB can do if we ran read option. We can at least give him a "wildcat" role just to see how it goes.
We don’t need a new quarterback. We just need to play the BEST quarterback!

Reaction Score
Isn’t the state currently flush with free COVID cash from the federal govt?

Ned seems to really like UConn…maybe funnel some of it into recruiting and paying a new modern coach and his staff?
I really hope they lean on the state hard and there is real investment from the state in the program. Not looking to get into any political debate, I didn't think Lamont would be any good but I actually think he's turned out to be one of the best Governor's and he does seem to really like UConn. It's beneficial to the school and state to invest in and make UConn football good.

Also, Ned is extremely wealthy and his friend's are extremely wealthy. We all know UConn's alumni base is lacking in extremely wealthy donors. It's well past time to get the mega wealthy Fairfield County people on board.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you're implying by better kids to coach…And better facilities?!!! You might want to visit the Storrs campus before you throw that one out there. Holy Cross having better facilities is beyond laughable. The only better facility Holy Cross has over UConn is the church on campus.

HC's indoor practice facility and its ancillary training facilities are on a par with FBS programs like UConn's. Our stadium, though old, is at least on campus and provides some of the best sightlines in the country (right on top of the field).

The Holy Cross (and other PL schools) student-athletes have to be above a certain "academic index" (test scores, gpa etc) to be admitted. I'm not saying them makes them "better kids" but in general there's usually less issues etc than with schools that don't take that into consideration during admissions.

Reaction Score

HC's indoor practice facility and its ancillary training facilities are on a par with FBS programs like UConn's. Our stadium, though old, is at least on campus and provides some of the best sightlines in the country (right on top of the field).

The Holy Cross (and other PL schools) student-athletes have to be above a certain "academic index" (test scores, gpa etc) to be admitted. I'm not saying them makes them "better kids" but in general there's usually less issues etc than with schools that don't take that into consideration during admissions.
This is laughable, you don't know what you're talking about. All your varsity teams share a 9,500 strength and conditioning facility. Lolz.

Reaction Score
We don’t need Moorhead or Weist. Moorhead won’t come here because he isn’t going to get the budget to hire the coordinators he wants.

We need someone like a Chesney. Doesn’t have to be a Chesney; who comes to UConn, makes it a success and inevitably moves on.

That on its own makes UConn different. It’s a place to springboard your career and then you can compete for more successful up and

If a coach can't hire his coordinators here that he wants, might as well let Edsall coach until they pull the plug. There's no reason to change coaches if you are not going to spend money on good ones.

Reaction Score
I’d love to pay Moorhead 2.5-3 mill and invest in some success that will pay for itself. I know people are reflecting on what we’ve paid Randy and thinking we can’t pay anyone, but it isn’t true. We were paying Diaco and our financial situation is a little better. Randy came in on budget because he had no offers and we still had to pay Diaco. Diaco is off payroll now.

Take a run at winning and filling the stadium. If it doesn’t work, then scale back. We deserve a fair shot at being successful.
They should take the current coaching budget and increase it by $1-2 million. They can surely raise that amount if they have a serious fundraising campaign over the next year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom