Bad reasons to not fire Randy NOW | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bad reasons to not fire Randy NOW

Reaction Score
FYI only:
  • Current ongoing search for new UConn President
  • Interim President, concurrently ongoing UConn Health CEO, clearly successful academic and medical leader albeit zero prior experience overseeing athletics/AD; Scot.

Reaction Score
My thoughts on Moorhead and Weist is that they might actually be up for it. I don't know how many guys are actually going to want to come here.

Moorhead was 38-13 at Fordham of all places, was over .500 in the SEC, and basically saved James Franklin's job at Penn State. The dude can coach.

Our offense was pretty good when he was here.

Reaction Score
Al Golden would be retreadish. But he did a good job at Temple.

Reaction Score
-It’s too expensive-it’s practically free

-we might lose every game this season-we probably will lose every game no matter what

-nobody will take us seriously-nobody takes us seriously

-all of the talented players will leave-ummmm if there are any, they are going into the portal anyway

-recruits will decommit- they will eventually anyways

-it will hurt attendance-haha

What am I missing?
-there won’t be a change at quarterback

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is it something about teams named the Huskies? I had to quit watching UW after 2 quarters and then 2 more possessions of absolutely inept offense. Trying really hard to lose their season opener to Montana, who isn't even a good FCS team like they used to be. I think the "fire Jimmy Lake" chants are starting to get warmed up here on the other side of the country.

Reaction Score
Is it something about teams named the Huskies? I had to quit watching UW after 2 quarters and then 2 more possessions of absolutely inept offense. Trying really hard to lose their season opener to Montana, who isn't even a good FCS team like they used to be. I think the "fire Jimmy Lake" chants are starting to get warmed up here on the other side of the country.

How did Houston Baptist do this weekend?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
How did Houston Baptist do this weekend?
I didn't even know that was their nickname. Does Northeastern play football? Haven't checked on them either.

edit--how could I forget Northern Illinois?

Reaction Score
Those of us that remember saw a team that improved and played like we wanted them to during his shift as HC.
a lot of that was Casey. If it wasn't for the concussions he'd have had us rolling

Reaction Score
Think there's any shot at someone like Jason Candle? 39-21 at Toledo, low buyout and makes just barely over 1M. Would probably require paying him at least $1.5M.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
a lot of that was Casey. If it wasn't for the concussions he'd have had us rolling

Casey was great. Shame what the concussions did.

Let's not forget the 3 game winning streak was a 6-7 Rutgers, 2-10 Temple, and 3-9 Memphis.

I mean, murderers row it wasn't but it's at least not getting your ass beat by Holy Cross.

Reaction Score
1. Moorhead
2. Dino Babers
3. Matt Entz
4. TJ Weist - I wouldn’t mind if he was hired, but he’s not proven. He’s been a positional coach pretty much his entire career.

Reaction Score
1. Moorhead
2. Dino Babers
3. Matt Entz
4. TJ Weist - I wouldn’t mind if he was hired, but he’s not proven. He’s been a positional coach pretty much his entire career.
how would we get Dino Babers?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom