Bad blood between team and Neptune? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bad blood between team and Neptune?

Reaction Score
Out of character???

Jackson been chirping the last 3 games constantly.

He’s got a long way to go to be talking the amount of smack he has been.
Jackson’s been trying to break Khalid’s record for most taunting or celebratory T’s in a season.

Reaction Score
Despite this joke being used by @Chin Diesel a bunch of times on here some posters still......

I Dont Get It Over My Head GIF by Lil Jon
Yeah there was no way I'm picking up on the nuance of that joke after how much I drank pre-, during, and post game!

Reaction Score
Jackson’s been trying to break Khalid’s record for most taunting or celebratory T’s in a season.

Please for the love of god, do not put Jackson’s name anywhere close to Kahild’s regarding anything.

AJax has a long way to go to be in the room with Khalid

Reaction Score
It looked like AJ thought either Neptune was on the court or too close to the court (technically Neptune shouldn’t be standing there but every coach does that especially Hurley). AJ was in the wrong, but he’s a passionate player. It’s whatever, use it as another learning moment and move on.

Also, Whitmore is absolutely not overrated. He’s a freshman still getting back to full speed. Give the kid a break. He still showed why he’s a consensus top 10 pick in just a few small flashes of him jumping passes and crazy rebounding. He reminds me of a slightly less athletic AJ that can score and take over games, and definitely has skills that will translate to the NBA. Kid is a real deal.

Reaction Score
Yeah there was no way I'm picking up on the nuance of that joke after how much I drank pre-, during, and post game!
Maybe you shouldn't post anything under those circumstances

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Don’t you kind of want that character on your team though? Not a whole team of them but one is a good amount.
Very few coaches would permit a player to continue to draw technical fouls for chirping. They would tell him that was his job and all you're doing is letting them get in your head. Love the intensity and talent of AJ but he has a ways to go before he starts role playing Bird or MJ with trash talking. Let your playing do your talking and shut them up that way. Or if you have that much confidence give them "the stare" like Tyrese Martin. I used to love that!

Reaction Score
Imagine being desperate enough as a coach you’re trying to influence T’s against the other team. I see a very Ollie like path for Nova over next few years bc he seems lost as a coach. Use your final TO with 8 minutes to go in the game, that’s baffling.

Reaction Score
I didn’t even see the Hawk play until I got home from the game. At the game I was calling Neptune soft immediately from the Jack T. I wish I saw the Hawk play because I would have been insufferable.

Terrible first impression of Neptune as a coach. Everyone rags on Hurley’s antics (and up until this year, rightfully so) but I have zero respect for Neptune. Can’t beat ‘em on the court, so try to get them T’d up as much as possible. Pathetic. Go back to Fordham ya bum.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Whitmore has been great in 2 of the 6 games he has played. In the last 3 games he has scored 7, 8, and 6 points. Far from dominant, but clearly has a bright future.
He looks to have all the physical tools. He is intense. He ran into a tough defense last night. He was visibly upset (with himself I think) after on the bench. Unfortunately for us and the rest of the conference he is probably going to be a real pain in the future. He looks like he has the potential to be on one of those " all time worthy opponents" lists in the future. I think you are very right about the bright future. :(

Reaction Score
Some of these “taunting Techs” are pretty soft IMO. It’s just playing ball. There’s a difference between saying something after a play within the flow of the game & stopping the flow of the game to showboat.

If they’re going to T up players for stuff like this, they also need to monitor the amount of chirping that comes from the benches. (Again, they shouldn’t T either imo, but have to be at least consistent)

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I didn’t even see the Hawk play until I got home from the game. At the game I was calling Neptune soft immediately from the Jack T. I wish I saw the Hawk play because I would have been insufferable.

Terrible first impression of Neptune as a coach. Everyone rags on Hurley’s antics (and up until this year, rightfully so) but I have zero respect for Neptune. Can’t beat ‘em on the court, so try to get them T’d up as much as possible. Pathetic. Go back to Fordham ya bum.
LOL. I will remember this quote whenever I see him coaching.

Reaction Score
Imagine being desperate enough as a coach you’re trying to influence T’s against the other team. I see a very Ollie like path for Nova over next few years bc he seems lost as a coach. Use your final TO with 8 minutes to go in the game, that’s baffling.

Really hope not. We need Nova to be good for this conference to thrive.

Reaction Score
Some of these “taunting Techs” are pretty soft IMO. It’s just playing ball. There’s a difference between saying something after a play within the flow of the game & stopping the flow of the game to showboat.

If they’re going to T up players for stuff like this, they also need to monitor the amount of chirping that comes from the benches. (Again, they shouldn’t T either imo, but have to be at least consistent)

If I was a BE coach, I would be "reminding" the refs every single game that Hurley is going to yell and scream and Hawkins/Jackson are going to bark all game

Gets an extra set of eyes on them, I do think we have a bad reputation with officials because of Hurley's antics last year + the whole Bouknight ejection incident

Reaction Score
He looks to have all the physical tools. He is intense. He ran into a tough defense last night. He was visibly upset (with himself I think) after on the bench. Unfortunately for us and the rest of the conference he is probably going to be a real pain in the future. He looks like he has the potential to be on one of those " all time worthy opponents" lists in the future. I think you are very right about the bright future. :(

We're only playing 2 more games against him tops. Not sure that can count as an "all time opponent"... he's league bound.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I would like AJax to stop chirping by the opposing teams bench. There is obviously a mandate given to the refs to call a T anytime a player barks in front of the opposing bench. I've seen it in a number of games this year. Andre has received that type of T twice recently and other teams are going to continue to harass him when he is in front of their bench. My biggest problem is that The T is a personal foul and there may be a game where he is in foul trouble. I'd hate for him to lose playing time because of foul trouble caused by a technical.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I'm all for some chirping, it's part of the dang game man - BUT you also need to keep your cool and not do it when you are literally in physical contact with a ref. Fine line. In some ways I'd rather Andre get it out now than when it might cost us.

As QDOG5 said above it does seem like they are calling them quick and easy this year across the league.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

As others said, he used the TO's to stem any momentum UConn was gaining. And it worked. Unfortunately that strategy means you don’t have any left at end of game. It was a valid strategy and it worked for its purpose.

Reaction Score
Neptune in his fancy ass suit did not make any friends in the program or in the arena last night.. I think this is a great rivalry to have, keep fueling it

Reaction Score
As others said, he used the TO's to stem any momentum UConn was gaining. And it worked. Unfortunately that strategy means you don’t have any left at end of game. It was a valid strategy and it worked for its purpose.

He used the last time out after a made three by his own team. That is supreme incompetence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom