Back at it (practice) | The Boneyard

Back at it (practice)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

When I see Paige effortlessly draining shot after shot from the arc, I am in awe. I was a pretty good shooter back in the Dark Ages, but the 3-pt shot didn’t come around until well after my playing days were over. Every now and then, when the court at the local Y is empty, I’ll grab a ball and try my hand shooting from the arc. It’s a long shot! If I’m really on, I might hit 1 out of every 5 or so. Nowadays that would earn me a seat on the bench….:oops:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
When I see Paige effortlessly draining shot after shot from the arc, I am in awe. I was a pretty good shooter back in the Dark Ages, but the 3-pt shot didn’t come around until well after my playing days were over. Every now and then, when the court at the local Y is empty, I’ll grab a ball and try my hand shooting from the arc. It’s a long shot! If I’m really on, I might hit 1 out of every 5 or so. Nowadays that would earn me a seat on the bench….:oops:
I don’t think a single ball touched the rim

Reaction Score
The good thing about Paige is that she doesn't have to be open, open to take and make a shot. She has moves to
free herself, which she often uses. Also, she is not afraid to take a shot when her first option is not there. She will work
on to the second or third option. That is the sign of a great ball player.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Two points on the video:

1. People forget how good Paige Buckets is. She’s as good as anyone.

2. How did Azzi do? 29 in a row is something she would/could do.
Remember what Diana said on the Bird and Taurasi show at the Final Four?

“You haven’t seen Paige play in so long, you forget how great she is…”

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Not only a great talent, Paige is as cold-blooded as cold blooded gets when the game is on the line. What she did in that NC State Elite Eight tournament game in Bridgeport in March 2022, essentially playing on one leg, was unbelievable.

My only complaint with her game in the past is that she has had a tendency to ease into games, starting slow, deferring to others, feeling things out. I think those days are gone. Geno won`t stand for it, but I don`t think Paige will either. She will value every moment she is out there.

And with Nika starting at the point, I am hoping to see both Paige and Azzi taking at least 20 shots per game each.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
When I see Paige effortlessly draining shot after shot from the arc, I am in awe. I was a pretty good shooter back in the Dark Ages, but the 3-pt shot didn’t come around until ad well after my playing days were over. Every now and then, when the court at the local Y is empty, I’ll grab a ball and try my hand shooting from the arc. It’s a long shot! If I’m really on, I might hit 1 out of every 5 or so. Nowadays that would earn me a seat on the bench….:oops:
True how easy she makes it look. I had decent range but not too short of 80 years I have found that the basket is much higher and further away than it used to be. I hope she can remind everyone why she was so great as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Two points on the video:

The shooting of Fudd & Bueckers overshadows the fact that both are great ballhandlers, outstanding passers, 5'11-6', and opportunistic defenders.

Imagine Iowa with two Clarks.

Reaction Score
Great pic of Paige!

IMG_2110.jpeg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Two points on the video:

3. And she's been working out a while before that drill. You can see she is a little fatigued. Not that it mattered.

Jim

Reaction Score
A while back I saw a video of Diana Taurasi where she said her workout requires her to make 30 consecutive shots from beyond the 3=pt line for her to leave the gym. These kids don't practice until they get things right - they practice until they can't do things wrong.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thank you. I will be sharing this clip with my players at workouts today. We marvel at Azzi's shooting stroke. Paige ain't no slouch either in that department.
When they came out of high school, I thought that they were about equal, with Paige being the better ball handler and Azzi being the better shooter. Since they got to UConn, I think Paige may be Azzi’s equal as a shooter. And they play so well together.

Reaction Score
When they came out of high school, I thought that they were about equal, with Paige being the better ball handler and Azzi being the better shooter. Since they got to UConn, I think Paige may be Azzi’s equal as a shooter. And they play so well together.
That is the part that I love, the playing together so well. So many players, especially younger players, get into the mindset of "She ain't taking more shots than me!" If players can blend their egos (and stay healthy) with other talented players, great things can happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom