B1G | Page 8 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
images

Miami- I'm sure it was nice once

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Its a done deal that is not done yet but is expected to be done at some point in order for it to be done if its meant to be done. Duh.
Dun to Dun, Dun, Dun!!!!

Reaction Score
dammit it came out small. how do i fix that.

for those interested the black is the course i have maped out
red line-suny oswego, we need a connection for a night of drinks, drugs and sex

Now whey when I saw the words ‘SUNY Oswego’ did I have a sudden urge to get a penicillin shot and a liver transplant?

Reaction Score
The ACC took Louisville because 1) Louisville did a better job selling itself that UConn, 2) the threat of Louisville going to the XII and pulling FSU & Clemson with them, and 3) perceived football superiority. Multiple clips state the ACC feels that UConn, and to a lesser degree Cincinnati, are safety schools because neither have anywhere else to go.
I do think the UConn to BIG has some legs, especially if the BIG adds UVA. I do not think that G-Tech is realistic due to geography. UNC would be the second pick; but, I just cannot see UNC being split from Duke for political and TV reasons (I do not like either school; but, I still watch their basketball games for sheer entertainment). A second threat to UConn is Syracuse. I do not think Pitt is a threat because of their Penn State issue. Why UConn? UConn is the only unaffiliated, state flagship university in the Northeast with a major sports program. Also, Delany did mention southern New England, which is odd. In addition, BIG is opening an office in NYC. Just for Rutgers? Doubt it. If the BIG was planning a southern expansion, i.e. UVA and UNC, they would have opened an office in DC, which also has a large BIG alumni base. A UConn/Rutgers line would lock-up the Northeast, lock-out ND from the NYC market, and isolate 2 ACC’s schools. BIG also has a massive alumni base in NYC, imagine if the BIG went bold and moved their basketball tournament to MSG (or Barclays if the Big E pushes back)? It would be insane, generate a lot of publicity, which equals cash, and relegate the other conference basketball tournaments to after thoughts.
That said, I do not think the BIG will move forward until the ACC/Maryland suit works itself out. If the $50 million holds, no more raids on the ACC. If Maryland walks away with a free of less than $20 million, the ACC is going to be pillaged.
Of course, all of the above is off if ND sees that the ACC is about to bleed to death and decides to kiss and make-up with the BIG (I think this will happen when the conferences jump from 16 to 20 schools down the road).

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Now whey when I saw the words ‘SUNY Oswego’ did I have a sudden urge to get a penicillin shot and a liver transplant?
I have a story about spring break in Lauderdale three decades ago, a hot girl from Oswego and The Button (for anyone who knows of that one time den of depravity). The story is a bit too X-Rated for a public message board. :);) :cool:

Reaction Score
Several years were taken away from my life expectancy when I got tired of the 3 bars in Storrs and took road trips to visit my upstate friends in Oswego, Syracuse, Ithaca, Oneonta, and Albany. Especially Syracuse when my friends got tickets for ‘Cuse football (pre UConn I-A) and UConn/’Cuse basketball. We still get together for the Big E tourney at MSG to trash talk each other, drink, and be merry. I will miss that should UConn and ‘Cuse never be in the same conference again. It’s not my friends’ fault that all of this has happened. :(

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
did u honestly think i wouldnt party in oswego post bombing of cuse? u guys are to funny, i am a pro drinker. i know the best spots.

if the b10 swaim tweet is true that 1 more acc school is heading north then i think the ethridge tweet while cryptic implies that the b12 has #11 and its fsu or vt. the acc is going to take a couple major blows here. but dont tell any one on this board or the cuse or bc boards becuase then your nuts for saying it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What was the Ethridge tweet?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
did u honestly think i wouldnt party in oswego post bombing of cuse? u guys are to funny, i am a pro drinker. i know the best spots.

if the b10 swaim tweet is true that 1 more acc school is heading north then i think the ethridge tweet while cryptic implies that the b12 has #11 and its fsu or vt. the acc is going to take a couple major blows here. but dont tell any one on this board or the cuse or bc boards becuase then your ****ing nuts for saying it.

Hey HFD, could you refresh my memory as to which tweet the ethridge one was? There have been so many that they are starting to merge in my mind...

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Brian Ethridge@TruthOrBear247
Bowlesby reached into his pocket found a single and his ten, feels so good feelin' good again....

this tweet was a couple hours ago and a reminder he is a 247 writer for baylor.
Your mind just blows my mind and I mean this in a good way!

Reaction Score
There's UVA fans who either think further expansion of the B1G will hurt UVA or the B1G does not want UVA. Someone penetrate their message boards!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
There's UVA fans who either think further expansion of the B1G will hurt UVA or the B1G does not want UVA. Someone penetrate their message boards!
Shades of MD fans reaction before the B!G switch!!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Brian Ethridge@TruthOrBear247
Bowlesby reached into his pocket found a single and his ten, feels so good feelin' good again....

this tweet was a couple hours ago and a reminder he is a 247 writer for baylor.

Does everyone at Baylor tweet in "sing-song"??? On a serious note, it does seem to indicate that an 11th team has been "selected" for the Big12, doesn't it?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
uva fans are just like md ones, they are delusional to the greatness of the acc as being strong. they have no clue the acc sucks.

i remember not to long go saying look back at what happened to the b12. a minor school leaves then a couple big boys/founders jump and it would happen to the acc. now its looking like so.

i'm seeing uva to the b10 and fsu to the b12. then all hell breaks loose and bc/cuse/pitt look like fools and so do all u clowns here that would suck dicks to get into the acc. that conf. susan has been right on all along not accepting the invites. we can go to w/e is left of it in the end but lets try to aim bigger right now. i have your back susan!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Does everyone at Baylor tweet in "sing-song"??? On a serious note, it does seem to indicate that an 11th team has been "selected" for the Big12, doesn't it?
I never would have received that signal from that tweet but it makes absolute sense. Even if it is extremely off the mark HFD finds this in supersonic speed and extrapolates it perfectly to make his point. All the time he's doing this he downs several drinks, bangs a few chicks and does powerpoint presentations. Of course he spells like ..... but who cares!!!

Reaction Score
uva fans are just like md ones, they are delusional to the greatness of the acc as being strong. they have no clue the acc sucks.

i remember not to long go saying look back at what happened to the b12. a minor school leaves then a couple big boys/founders jump and it would happen to the acc. now its looking like so.

i'm seeing uva to the b10 and fsu to the b12. then all hell breaks loose and bc/cuse/pitt look like fools and so do all u clowns here that would suck dicks to get into the acc. **** that conf. susan has been right on all along not accepting the invites. we can go to w/e is left of it in the end but lets try to aim bigger right now. i have your back susan!

LOL. Tell us how you really feel Dan. I was crushed to get passed over in favor of Ville, but I'll leave the dick sucking to others.

Reaction Score
We need someone who can type competently (HFD, you stay out) to invade their message boards! Pronto!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
We need someone who can type competently (HFD, you stay out) to invade their message boards! Pronto!
No he has to be the one!! Just have him change his name to imply he's from Cuse!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom