Azzi to become the new point guard? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Azzi to become the new point guard?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I find it hard to believe that the original post was a serious one. I think we've been trolled.
I find it hard to believe that someone would post a thread where the title appears to be fact when in fact there is no basis for it.
But then again, maybe it is now common place.

Centerstream

Reaction Score

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Azzi will not be the PG.

With Nika out for a couple of weeks, Evina and Christyn will share the PG duties. Caroline in now the first guard of the bench.

Reaction Score
The biggest difference I've seen between Nika and Evina as PG is the speed the ball comes up the court. Nika gets it there and the offense started before the opponent gets back to get ready for defense. Evina is more deliberate and waits until all players are ready to begin offense. Both have their place. It will depend on what Geno wants. It also could boil down to which is less of an offensive liability. I personally like Evina in the forward position as she is a good rebounder. I expect to see Nika, Evina, Christyn, Liv, and AE as the starters with Caroline Ducharme as first off the bench replacing either Evina or AE.

sun

Reaction Score
I find it hard to believe that someone would post a thread where the title appears to be fact when in fact there is no basis for it.
But then again, maybe it is now common place.
The thread title does have a question mark at the end which indicates a question.
So does the first line of the opening post that you can see when you put your cursor on the title.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter how Paige got hurt, Azzi is not Paige.
Even Paige tweeted "Gods way"
"When one door closes another one opens."
Unless you are trying to get this thread shut down it is probably best to leave God out of this. When I last spoke to my God ( Sunday Morning at 11:00 mass) God was too busy with other stuff & probably still is.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
The thread title does have a question mark at the end which indicates a question.
So does the first line of the opening post that you can see when you put your cursor on the title.
You are correct and I apologize for my post that you replied to.

Reaction Score
Unless you are trying to get this thread shut down it is probably best to leave God out of this. When I last spoke to my God ( Sunday Morning at 11:00 mass) God was too busy with other stuff & probably still is.
Wel, we could argue about your last sentence but that probably would shut down this thread

Reaction Score
So if Nika or Evina become injured and Azzi is available, you don't think that Azzi would be a potential PG?
I'll bet that Geno plans further ahead than you do.
sun I was talking about right now starting with the GA Tech game not what if Nika and E get hurt!

Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised that CW doesn't get any consideration at point guard, She seems to penetrate better than Evina and they both have about the same handle. We are going to need 3 point shooters on the wings and to me that's Caroline and Evina. I think I'd strongly consider CW at point.

Reaction Score
Does anyone doubt that Azzi will become the new point guard once she's healthy?

"Once she is healthy " is the issue. Doesn't matter where she plays. She can do anything. " Once she is healthy," that is.

sun

Reaction Score
Here's some newly uploaded highlights of Azzi from 2018 where she shows some of her moves while dribbling.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Here's some newly uploaded highlights of Azzi from 2018 where she shows some of her moves while dribbling.
Uhm.. Azzi highlights including this one are not new to the BY. This game was from the season 2018-19 in which Azzi won the Gatorade National POY award. Many things have happened since then most notable this thing called COVID an ACL tear for Azzi and UCONN also signed the NPOY and the Liberman award winner Paige ( that the best PG in the nation BTW). The main take away from this video is that Azzi was the best player on the floor and you could make the case she could play any position (including center) against that level of competition. That was 3 years ago and now Azzi is at UCONN. UCONN has other players better equipped to play the PG position and Azzi will continue to play the SG.

Reaction Score
Hey Sun. I’m impressed by your perseverance. Most people would give up.

I think some people on the BY think that Azzi needs to be Paige in order to be successful, and I wonder why you think she needs to be the point guard. Azzi is not Paige, and she never will be. Azzi is Azzi. It doesn’t mean that Azzi is less talented if she’s a great shooting guard as opposed to a great point guard. Michael Jordon was a shooting guard.

sun

Reaction Score
Hey Sun. I’m impressed by your perseverance. Most people would give up.

I think some people on the BY think that Azzi needs to be Paige in order to be successful, and I wonder why you think she needs to be the point guard. Azzi is not Paige, and she never will be. Azzi is Azzi. It doesn’t mean that Azzi is less talented if she’s a great shooting guard as opposed to a great point guard. Michael Jordon was a shooting guard.
I think that we need a good ball handler and Azzi has a lot to prove as an incentive.
CW and Evi have good skills but the added PG responsibility may create other problems for them that aren't evident yet, like detract from their shooting, or causing turnovers.
I support Nika too, but considering how much time that Paige will miss, I don't see how training Azzi could hurt.
When opportunity knocks someone needs to answer the door.
I personally think that there's going to be a need for another point guard to emerge who can make the crucial shots before the shot clock expires.
Just imagine if Paige goes down during the tourney, gets covid or just needs a rest.
Maybe Paige's leg will get gimpy at times.
If Nika can do it then why can't Azzi also be an option?
Geno needs to be confident about who can take over PG in a pinch as the team moves forward into the near future.................................................................................!

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think that we need a good ball handler and Azzi has a lot to prove as an incentive.
CW and Evi have good skills but the added PG responsibility may create other problems for them that aren't evident yet, like detract from their shooting, or causing turnovers.
I support Nika too, but considering how much time that Paige will miss, I don't see how training Azzi could hurt.
When opportunity knocks someone needs to answer the door.
I personally think that there's going to be a need for another point guard to emerge who can make the crucial shots before the shot clock expires.
Just imagine if Paige goes down during the tourney, gets covid or just needs a rest.
Maybe Paige's leg will get gimpy at times.
If Nika can do it then why can't Azzi also be an option?
Geno needs to be confident about who can take over PG in a pinch as the team moves forward into the near future.................................................................................!
Geno is very confident about his team. You are 68 post into this thread & not one single poster agrees with you-must be lonely out there on the limb. Come back in before you fall and hurt yourself.
1639080260843.png

@sun taking "Out on a limb" to a whole new level!

sun

Reaction Score
Geno is very confident about his team. You are 68 post into this thread & not one single poster agrees with you-must be lonely out there on the limb. Come back in before you fall and hurt yourself.
View attachment 71699
@sun taking "Out on a limb" to a whole new level!

We all know how it works, players can go hot & cold.
What if CW or Evi don't really want to be a PG?
Nika could flunk out of school and not even be part of UConn WBB next year.
Then who will Geno make into a PG besides Paige?
The Big East makes for a good training ground.
It only makes sense that Azzi starts being developed into a PG this year while Paige is out.
It's not so lonely going out on a limb.
Just look at all of the other goats that are doing it.
They're all looking for the same thing, the 12th UConn national championship.
Climb on board!

TELEMMGLPICT000194957190_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpeg

Last edited:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
It only makes sense that Azzi starts being developed into a PG this year while Paige is out.
Climb on board!

TELEMMGLPICT000194957190_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpeg
And you keep on going and going...
images.png

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Climb on board!
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?????
Can someone please lock this? If someone wasn't so funny, I would have Ignored it long ago. :):rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom