Azzi Fudd to UCONN | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Azzi Fudd to UCONN

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Re: Azzi

I guess we are about to go 250-0 over the next 5-6 years.....

With the second coming of Diana (Paige)

And the second coming of Maya (Azzi)
Lol.

Do you think we can be satisfied for a while now? Or do we need more?

We can still only play 5 players at a time. Last time I checked.
As Denzel Washington said in Mo' Better Blues, "Mo' better is mo' better". I want them all.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Clay Kallam:

Azzi’s had two strong friendships that also influenced her choice: One with UConn commit Caroline Ducharme from Massachusetts and the current manager for the UConn women’s team, Colleen Koch, who also attended St. John’s.

UConn, though, was not an automatic choice. Azzi considered not only UCLA, but also Louisville and Maryland.

“It was definitely not UConn all the way,” said Katie Fudd, Azzi’s mom. “It was back and forth.”

Fudd, like many modern perimeter players, is an excellent three-point shooter and also can finish at the rim. In addition, though, Fudd can score in the mid-range, which is an increasingly effective weapon in the modern game. She also is a superb defender, an outstanding playmaker, and even a solid rebounder.

Reaction Score
Now that the Fudd decision saga is over, I feel it is imperative for me to start the official Azzi Fudd height debate. Going by this picture, if Fudd is 5'11 then Bueckers is at least 6'2. :D

View attachment 61215
I saw another picture of the two of them where there was very little difference in their height so I think what we may be seeing in this photograph is because of camera angle, a distorted perspective .... of course, it's possible that the same element, the camera angle in the other picture, may have made them look very similar in height.

Reaction Score
So in others words, safe to say that Ray, Klay, and Maya were mentioned?
Yes, she was compared to Maya by him and a number of other players and considered the Maya comparison such a wonderful compliment .... I don't know if you're familiar with me, but Maya is my favorite Huskie of all time and I consider her the GOAT of UConn women's basketball

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Fudd’s mom, Katie, describes the decision as similar to a multiple-choice test.

“She had four schools, and she was able to eliminate two,” Katie says. “And then she was left with two. And they were East Coast, West Coast. Male coach, female coach. Won a championship, not won a championship. Up-and-coming and growing, great facilities. It was really hard.”

The coronavirus pandemic also meant that Fudd could not go on an official visit to UCLA and could not get a comprehensive feel for the team’s atmosphere like she could with UConn. And then of course, there’s the basketball factor.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Bottom line, why did Azzi choose UConn?

"The opportunity to play with Paige Bueckers and another one of her best friends Caroline Ducharme was part of the appeal.

The Huskies had more of what she wanted.
“I have goals of playing in the WNBA, being an Olympic gold medalist, and all that good stuff,” Fudd said. “I realized that to achieve those goals and become the best player and person I can be, UConn was the best place for me.

1605297607428.png

If I want to win national championships and compete day in and day out, UConn is that place. I can trust Coach Auriemma, Chris Dailey and Shea Ralph. Everyone there, the players included, will get me to that point.
“It was a hard decision. But when it came down to it I wanted to be somewhere that I would be proud of and know I made the best decision for me.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, she was compared to Maya by him and a number of other players and considered the Maya comparison such a wonderful compliment .... I don't know if you're familiar with me, but Maya is my favorite Huskie of all time and I consider her the GOAT of UConn women's basketball
Remember you cannot spell GOAT without DT, no wait, is there a D in GOAT?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Fudd’s mom, Katie, describes the decision as similar to a multiple-choice test.

“She had four schools, and she was able to eliminate two,” Katie says. “And then she was left with two. And they were East Coast, West Coast. Male coach, female coach. Won a championship, not won a championship. Up-and-coming and growing, great facilities. It was really hard.”

The coronavirus pandemic also meant that Fudd could not go on an official visit to UCLA and could not get a comprehensive feel for the team’s atmosphere like she could with UConn. And then of course, there’s the basketball factor.

I think that this article captures insights not found in articles written in the Courant and ESPN and the writing is better. Katie Fudd indicated that Caroline is Azzi's best friend and that a close High School classmate is also attending UCONN.

Reaction Score
I think that this article captures insights not found in articles written in the Courant and ESPN and the writing is better. Katie Fudd indicated that Caroline is Azzi's best friend and that a close High School classmate is also attending UCONN.
Nothing wrong with having more then one best friend, It's possible Paige will become best friends with one of her classmates before Azzi makes it to campus, but I'm sure Paige was a big reason Azzi picked Uconn.

Reaction Score
I saw another picture of the two of them where there was very little difference in their height so I think what we may be seeing in this photograph is because of camera angle, a distorted perspective .... of course, it's possible that the same element, the camera angle in the other picture, may have made them look very similar in height.

The reason I think it's just the angle is that Fudd may be an inch or more shorter but she is the bigger of the two, with a college ready body.

Reaction Score
Wow I didn't know she has such good relationship with Caroline.

Azzi’s had two strong friendships that also influenced her choice: One with UConn commit Caroline Ducharme from Massachusetts and the current manager for the UConn women’s team, Colleen Koch, who also attended St. John’s.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wow I didn't know she has such good relationship with Caroline.

Ok, Anyone know the background of Collen Coch and how she became team manager? Pretty Fortuitous. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom