Azzi Fudd Cover Story feature, sportscenter at noon 2/25 [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Azzi Fudd Cover Story feature, sportscenter at noon 2/25 [merged thread]

Reaction Score
That's a serious looking scar on her knee. Hopefully she doesn't have knees like Evina or Tuck.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
That's a serious looking scar on her knee. Hopefully she doesn't have knees like Evina or Tuck.
Both knees my friend.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
last thing we need is more pressure to win
A little over a year ago, Yankee pitcher Gerrit Cole had a great comment, “Pressure is a privilege that you earn.” DT, Maya, Stewie and many other UConn WBB players thrived in pressure situations.

Paige has already demonstrated that she can deliver in high pressure games. I suspect Azzi will do the same. If these kids did not want the pressure of playing basketball at UConn, they wouldn’t have come to Storrs in the first place.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Thank you for posting that video. It is so inspiring what she had to go through, and her determination to still be the best. I am so glad that any BY doubters can see what kind of kid Azzi is, knowing that her goals are still in front of her, and she chose to attain them at UCONN.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
A great feel good Cover Story!
I strenuous object to the line "Azzi Fudd is the best high school player the women's game has seen in years." I am sure the best girl's high school player in years graduated last year, Paige Bueckers! Every game I watched where Azzi and Paige competed, Paige's team won with Paige out playing Azzi. Not dramtically but still noticeably. Hyperbole at its worse.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I strenuous object to the line "Azzi Fudd is the best high school player the women's game has seen in years." I am sure the best girl's high school player in years graduated last year, Paige Bueckers! Every game I watched where Azzi and Paige competed, Paige's team won with Paige out playing Azzi. Not dramtically but still noticeably. Hyperbole at its worse.
Doesn't matter who is better. The big deal is we will have the best and second best competing together for us.

Reaction Score
Azzi commented the person guarding her was “really physical” when she went down. You can see in the vid it was Hailey Van Lith guarding her.

Reaction Score
We embrace and appreciate both of them. I am sure they will compliment one another and share the accolades. They’re friends and that’s what friends do.

Reaction Score
The covery story:
The only thing Azzi Fudd can bring herself to look at is the falling snow. She can't look at her mother, Katie, who's sitting in the passenger seat, too distraught to drive. And she won't look at her knee, which no longer looks like her knee anyway.

Her grandmother, Karen, navigates their rented black SUV through the accumulating snow. It's April 13, 2019, and they're rushing from the USA Basketball 3-on-3 U18 nationals in Colorado Springs to Denver, some 75 miles away, for an emergency MRI to see whether Azzi's injury is as bad as they all fear.

This is, after all, Azzi Fudd, the top girls' basketball prospect in the country, a shooting sensation who has wowed everyone from two-time NBA MVP Stephen Curry to two-time WNBA MVP Elena Delle Donne to 11-time NCAA champion Geno Auriemma. She is, by most accounts, the best high school talent the game has seen in decades.

Scouts across the basketball landscape were comparing her to everyone from Diana Taurasi to Maya Moore. "She's just better at basketball than everyone else," says Jonathan Scribner, her high school coach.

Auriemma, for his part, first saw Fudd play when she was in eighth grade. "You expect [young players] to be a little bit big-eyed and clumsy and in a rush to do something," he says. "You never saw any of that in Azzi."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Both knees my friend.
Yes @JordyG, but I never could find information about the injury behind that other scar. Do you know? PS. I guess that scar has to do with harvesting the graft to use on her injured knee.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks like all other teams will have to quit the NCAA championships the next three years..... it will not be surprising that they will avoid to schedule games another UConn unless they are in big east

Reaction Score
Paige + Azzi = DT + Maya
Next year, I just cannot image what will happen with those two in our team.

1614270979701.png

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom