Azzi Fudd counting down the days until her UConn arrival | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Azzi Fudd counting down the days until her UConn arrival

Reaction Score
It is hard to believe that a new freshman has the potential to be better than Paige.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It is hard to believe that a new freshman has the potential to be better than Paige.
Don't feel like you have to buy into the "either/or" narrative because the answer is, like PB & J, they are better together. Their subtle variations, Azzi may be a slightly better shooter and Paige a somewhat better passer complement each other.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
But Jemelle is the biggest cheerleader on the sideline.
agreed and also the fiercest. I think the first time Ono came off the court to a Jemelle chest bump turned around our 2019-2020 season.

Reaction Score
Am not sure I like the analogy of peanut butter and jelly but I get it. Azzi is stronger physically, moves well, more stable on contact and has a quick release sweet stroke with accuracy that even Steph Curry admires. Paige too has a quick release smooth stroke (a hair less than Azzi), a great mover to find open pockets of space and score or set up a teammate as well as the better, fancier passer with an IT factor on her passing game. Azzi strikes me as someone you may not notice has quietly sliced up the opposition in short order and probably has the better accuracy from distance. But, as Azzi herself has said, during crunch time, Paige will make shots regardless of what has been happening early on. I am sure she believes she will do the exactly same thing.

Chemistry? Best friends, working out together, played in USA Basketball teams together! Not an issue.

While it remains to be seen if any backcourt combination can surpass Sue and Diana, I anticipate this collection of guards (Christyn, Evina, Paige, Azzi, Nika, Caroline, Saylor) will turn out to produce the best guard play at UConn over four years, though not all of them will be playing in the backcourt all the time. The start of interchangeability in at least three positions could extend to four and begins next year. Their collective length will help their perimeter defense. And, if last year is any indication, the fast developing comfort factor (no small thanks to Evina and how the other upper classmen quickly accepted the newcomers) and chemistry among them will carryover to the newcomers who will provide greater accuracy from distance. The coach can play different styles depending on the opponent, given that he has a very deep team.

To paraphrase Azzi, I can't wait to see them play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom