Azzi Fudd counting down the days until her UConn arrival | The Boneyard

Azzi Fudd counting down the days until her UConn arrival

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So are we.

Azzi Fudd was in seventh grade the first time she popped onto UConn’s radar.

She was playing in an AAU tournament with the Fairfax Stars when then-assistant coach Marisa Moseley just happened to be sitting courtside.

“I had never heard of her before,” said Moseley, now the head coach at Wisconsin. “The whole team had played together for a while, and they were so good. I’m like who’s this kid? Azzi Fudd? She’s so good.”

Moseley remembers excitedly calling UConn associate head coach Chris Dailey.

“You guys have got to see this kid,” Moseley told her. “You didn’t know what she would turn into, but she was just phenomenal. She was so strong, so fundamental. It was fun to watch.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When Azzi was in 6th grade, Brenda offered her.

When Azzi was in 7th grade, Marisa took notice.

When Azzi was in 9th grade, she was already well known and Milford first saw her in person. She was the best player on the floor and reminded me of some combo of Maya and Kaleena. I chatted with Sue Semrau on the way out of the gym. I think she described Azzi as "ridiculous."

Reaction Score
CtInsider doesn't. And if you can't get through to an article you can often Google it and find an alternate site that'll have it for free.
This is what comes up when I click on the article.

21CAE01B-3E1E-465C-883C-810CD3BA4765.png

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Well that's weird because I don't have a subscription and don't get blocked there. You could trying using Incognito mode which often works.
I tried both and all require login to read the article. Just give up ...

Reaction Score
I, for one, am very interested in seeing the addition of the new freshwomen added tto this team in addition to this year's players. The added height and the marksmenship of the new players are surely going to make this a very competititve team. Maybe Geno, might even say that this team can shoot.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
The link CL82 provided shows the entire article. I'd go with that site for now.
?, it's the only one that worked for me as well. Azzi is counting the days and she isn't the only one, while I don't have a count down calendar I fear I will run out of toes for my count down. I have to stay away from the lawn mower.

Reaction Score
I suggest she get her own mini-fridge, and a iconic hairstyle.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
When Azzi was in 6th grade, Brenda offered her.

When Azzi was in 7th grade, Marisa took notice.

When Azzi was in 9th grade, she was already well known and Milford first saw her in person. She was the best player on the floor and reminded me of some combo of Maya and Kaleena. I chatted with Sue Semrau on the way out of the gym. I think she described Azzi as "ridiculous."
When Azzi was in vitro, didn't she get an offer from Walz?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Dailey knows Bueckers and Fudd are unique both in temperament and skill, but doesn’t want to compare them.

“They’re very different,” she said. “I think they’ve described it as peanut butter and jelly. Azzi is the peanut butter, smooth and solid. Paige is the jelly; it goes all over the place.”

A fair number of posters here have nonetheless insisted on comparing Azzi and Page and declaring Azzi superior. CD's "they're very different" is something you can endorse simply by watching them move on the court. The awards Paige has won this season didn't come because she was number 1 in offensive and defensive categories, because she wasn't. She's a uniquely gifted ball player who can orchestrate a whole team. We may expect Azzi to dazzle us with her talents. If Paige and Azzi can integrate their talents we may have a backcourt that will establish itself as one of the greatest if not the greatest. I'm betting on the latter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom