Azzi & CW Out Fri & Sun | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Azzi & CW Out Fri & Sun

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm a bit concerned about Azzi. I thought her and Nika were on similar timelines, though I think Azzi started sitting out earlier. I guess its good we still have those additional Big East games to make up, plus the Tennessee game as a game v a top 10 opponent. Hopefully she can be back by the Creighton game on February 4th. I'd really love to see a 30 minute game from Azzi before Paige gets back
different injuries so no way to compare them.......

Reaction Score
Why is this a surprise to anyone?

I thought there was a slight chance if CW were asymptomatic she could be back by Saturday but only in the most optimistic scenario.

Reaction Score
Why is this a surprise to anyone?

I thought there was a slight chance if CW were asymptomatic she could be back by Saturday but only in the most optimistic scenario.
Agreed. I think the news on CW should not be shocking to anyone. We know the covid protocols, and she should be back for the game against SC.

Mentioning Azzi could be a good thing, because it means that there was even a small possibility. Or it just means that someone from the press finally did their job and asked a question people wanted an answer to!

A weird season. We've seen the team full strength, the team minus Paige, Azzi and Nika, the team without just Paige and Azzi, the team without Paige, Azzi, and Christyn. We seem to never be rolling with the same roster for more than a couple games at a time.

Hopefully by year end, we can finally put our full roster less Aubrey onto the floor to see what we are capable of. We seem so down, but by no means out. We have a lot of talent that can still come together to shake things up.

Reaction Score
Unless our 6+ players get some foul trouble (in the guard position) , we should be fine. SH (3-4) and STJ(1-5) have not shown anything
When the going gets tough the tough get going. ;)
Agree with you 100% but what amazes me is how teams, regardless of their record, sometimes just play at a different level against us.
Except the final four or a NC any team with UConn on the schedule, is bullseye number one. It is reality that often teams play up to the competition and others can also play down to it. The latter being a coaching and fan base nightmare. :(

Reaction Score
Let Azzi and C-Dub take all the time they need to recover and heal. We have 7-8 bodies to carry the load for a few games.

Reaction Score
We need Nika to play close to 40 minutes, despite a minutes restriction and foul trouble. That's walking a fine line.
There is no way that Nika won’t be in foul trouble in this game. A minutes limit won’t be an issue in this one.

Reaction Score
When the going gets tough the tough get going. ;)

Except the final four or a NC any team with UConn on the schedule, is bullseye number one. It is reality that often teams play up to the competition and others can also play down to it. The latter being a coaching and fan base nightmare. :(
I would agree with that 99.5 percent of the time.

sun

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if UConn will need to overcompensate by playing additional bigs or not.
If we do for some minutes then our guards can try to feed the inside.
Then it could be Seton Hall that will end up being in foul trouble.
Using extra bigs would also give us more RB's, and help support our perimeter shooting.

Reaction Score
Our current starters will step-up. With our energy coming from Nika, CD and Oiliva I like our chances. We need more balanced scoring especially needing Nika to continue to drive under control. CD needs to take threes or drive off of picks from our bigs. Looking for a solid return from all bigs.

Reaction Score
We need Nika to play close to 40 minutes, despite a minutes restriction and foul trouble. That's walking a fine line.
From his press conference: Geno says that won't happen tonight. No mention of restrictions but not fair to ask someone who has missed so much time to play so much so soon, so we'll see a lot of 2-guard. Also sounds like Azzi is not that close as she is only allowed to do up to 30 minutes of individual workouts and that they are building up to a full practice to see how she feels, and then eventually games. That sounds like a plan that could take weeks before we see her in a game as opposed to her return being imminent.

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Expect Uconn to play zone to stay out of foul trouble.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Agreed. I think the news on CW should not be shocking to anyone. We know the covid protocols, and she should be back for the game against SC.

Mentioning Azzi could be a good thing, because it means that there was even a small possibility. Or it just means that someone from the press finally did their job and asked a question people wanted an answer to!

A weird season. We've seen the team full strength, the team minus Paige, Azzi and Nika, the team without just Paige and Azzi, the team without Paige, Azzi, and Christyn. We seem to never be rolling with the same roster for more than a couple games at a time.

Hopefully by year end, we can finally put our full roster less Aubrey onto the floor to see what we are capable of. We seem so down, but by no means out. We have a lot of talent that can still come together to shake things up.
The team this season has never been at full strength. Aubrey could not play and Azzi and Nika were not completely healed at the start. :confused:

Reaction Score
With the team handicapped. with many of the first team players down. I shall record & wait to see the final score before watching. It is hard personally, for me to see them; not win !

Reaction Score
I think some are saying we are ok for the next two games with what we have, and I agree to a point. Certainly if this year has taught us anything, however, is what you have today you might not have tomorrow. Between injuries in practice and the spread of covid when one player already has it, player availability is never certain.

We have no backup guards now, the closest is using Aaliyah at the 3 to backup all three guards. That by itself is a disaster, but we also may be forced to use Amari or Piath, because we previously had a very short three player rotation of bigs that is now strained because Aaliyah's time will need to be split between helping out the bigs and backing up the guards.

We may well defeat the next two opponents with what we "have", but only one more piece of bad news could make us vulnerable to mediocre Big East teams. It has reached a point where I am very nervous heading into a game, just hoping that the players available yesterday are still available today.

Reaction Score
It was crazy to hear Geno talk about how he has never been in this situation because there was one year where they apparently lost Shea and then I think he said Sveta and they just plugged in DT off the bench. How loaded does your team have to be where Taurasi is like a 3rd stringer?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom