Azzi Benched? | The Boneyard

Azzi Benched?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It didn't hurt that we were up 21 and in the 4th quarter. Geno's way of getting Azzi ready for tomorrow's game. I am also pretty sure that Geno became aware that we didn't score a FG, with Azzi out, in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It didn't hurt that we were up 21 and in the 4th quarter. Geno's way of getting Azzi ready for tomorrow's game. I am also pretty sure that Geno became aware that we didn't score a FG, with Azzi out, in the last 5 minutes of the game.
Lou, Caroline, Edwards, Nika, and Aubrey or Patterson worked well together, they were cleaning up.

Reaction Score
Geno, needs to watch her minutes so she doesn't wear down.............no reason for her to be in the game at that point..........he still managed to make his point......if Azzi had Clark's mindset, she'd be averaging 36 points a game for the season.....

Reaction Score
I think it was , "He benched me because I didn't shoot"

Good............let her keep thinking about that although I'd hope that Geno would have taken her out by then even if she had taken 30 shots.......

Reaction Score
Azzi needs to create her own shot. Every team is going to guard her tight, if she only shots when she is wide open then UConn won’t get to where they want to get. Azzi needs to be a little selfish and look for shot a lot more than what she did against Duke.

Reaction Score
It's interesting. Geno's a mad scientist. His quotes after the game were about how Azzi did well, not forcing anything.

There was one shot in the corner she passed up. They also showed a replay where she had an assist to AE but she was actually wide open. Other than that I don't think she was super passive. I thought she had a solid game.

Reaction Score
Geno in his subtle way was making his point to Azzi. If the game was close he'd never sit her down. Geno is the ultimate coach, even little things bother him if he thought there was a better option. Azzi will be fine. Azzi will out score Clark. Azzi will be Azzi. GO HUSKIES!!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A good benching before a big game is a UConn rite of honor. I remember Stewie's look at the start of the SC game when she got benched the previous game. With some luck, Azzi is a bit pissed although she may just be too nice.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A good benching before a big game is a UConn rite of honor. I remember Stewie's look at the start of the SC game when she got benched the previous game. With some luck, Azzi is a bit pissed although she may just be too nice.
While the twitter link seems to have been disabled, you can still see it on the replay. I now see that Azzi is pretty pissed. :D:D:D:D

Here is the money shot. (see time stamp) If Coach P is to earn her money, she will be in Azzi's ear the full 36 hours getting her riled for Iowa. This is the game where Azzi can get a major foothold on NPOY discussion over Catlin. Just like Paige's SC game

It is interesting that in the play before she got taken out, she did aggressively go to the basket but was stuffed. She did look a bit tired and did not have the explosive lift. I think that is a factor as well

1669538409847.png

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
It is interesting that in the play before she got taken out, she did aggressively go to the basket but was stuffed. She did look a bit tired and did not have the explosive lift. I think that is a factor as well
Yeah as I went back to look at that scenario, she did have a lightly contested 3 at the top before she drove. I checked the entire second half and she had several similar where she passed up shots that I, IMHO, thought were 50/50 to shoot or continue the offense. I think he wants her to have a Caitlin approach to her game.

Reaction Score
Geno, needs to watch her minutes so she doesn't wear down.............no reason for her to be in the game at that point..........he still managed to make his point......if Azzi had Clark's mindset, she'd be averaging 36 points a game for the season.....
Preach!
players can never win anymore, if they shoot too much they get called a ballhog, if they are passive they aren't aggressive enough.
Well said!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom