Ayanna Patterson to Uconn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ayanna Patterson to Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Who needs a campus visit when the Godfather calls

“Getting a call from a coach [Geno Auriemma] that’s in the Hall of Fame is what you dream of,” Patterson told Hearst Connecticut Media prior to her announcement. “Really, there’s one name in women’s basketball that stands out as far as college recruitment and everything.

Basketball, it speaks for itself with the ... national championships and the women that he has in the WNBA now.”

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Two thoughts:
1. Nice work on the graphic (falling snow, trophies, Jonathan the Husky); that song is being downloaded to my playlist as I speak.
2. Ayanna with her frame looks college-ready, like, a year ago. Maybe three years ago. And I like what her eyes communicate: fire, grit.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Great read...
So did we know the Tamika Williams connection before? That's a lot of inside information at Ayanna's finger tips, so to speak. And this stuff about dream school. Sounds like from first contact we were always the front runner.

The Pattersons seem to have kept a pretty tight lid on any chatter regarding the process.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jeter says she is a combo of 2 players:

1616279214846.png

Reaction Score
That’s the beauty of having an unbelievable history within the program, unbelievable coaches, and unbelievable players...kids want to come to play here! looks like UConn will be bad for basketball again for the next few years ?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The quotes from the CT Post article point at the very pursuasive reasons that drew Ayanna to the Huskies. The global fan reach and the dominant history of UConn players moving on to the pros. She was impressed in attending the Butler game to see the crowd. It also seems her dad was very involved and liked Geno's tell it like it is about recruits and earning what you get. It's refreshing to see honesty working.

Reaction Score
If I know Tamika is Ayanna's coach's wife I will not worry so much this morning... LOL

The former Tamika Williams is married to former NBA player Richard Jeter. The couple has one son, R.J., born in 2015.

1616279649732.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With a front court of AE, Ice and Ayanna, there will be very few rebounds available for the opposing team and if you add Azzi and Paige or Nika and Caroline Ducharme or Saylor and Paige, etc...5 headed monster on the court at all times...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The quotes from the CT Post article point at the very pursuasive reasons that drew Ayanna to the Huskies. The global fan reach and the dominant history of UConn players moving on to the pros. She was impressed in attending the Butler game to see the crowd. It also seems her dad was very involved and liked Geno's tell it like it is about recruits and earning what you get. It's refreshing to see honesty working.
He is the father of a son who ended up transfer in his college career. Probably a pretty harsh learning experience for the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom