Ayanna Patterson to Uconn | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Ayanna Patterson to Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I don't know anyone on this page who ever claimed that Coach Geno "couldn't recruit anymore." Coach Geno himself remarked that he had lost out on recruits for two years running. We went into one of UConn's recruiting slumps, but not to the extent we did between Diana's recruitment and the landing of Tina Charles. Clearly, this represents one of the biggest "up" periods of recruiting we've had.

Would love to see a projected starting five plus the next two off the bench for each of the next three years!!! Too soon?...

Reaction Score
ASGR lists Ayanna at 6'3" now.
For those more in the know, what is it with the low heights? Is it that these services first list these players in middle school and just don't update the demographic info regularly?

Reaction Score
We got Brady, now we got Patterson but yet again I'm still greedy and say I still want Barker too. Stanford can have Betts and Oregon State can have Gardiner even if I wanted them to
you think we are still in on Barker after getting AP?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Barker, 'Come on down'. ;)
Barker would be another talented addition, but if all the projected returning players, signees and commits are on the roster in 2 years, that will give UConn 10 wings, forwards or centers, and only 4 guards, one of whom is a walkon.

I hope UConn’s next commitment comes from a guard. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I hope that commitment is KiKi Rice, the #1 rated pg in the class of 2022, who can play either the 1 or 2.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Barker would be another talented addition, but if all the projected returning players, signees and commits are on the roster in 2 years, that will give UConn 10 wings, forwards or centers, and only 4 guards, one of whom is a walkon.

I hope UConn’s next commitment comes from a guard. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I hope that commitment is KiKi Rice, the #1 rated pg in the class of 2022, who can play either the 1 or 2.
I know, just fun to say. :oops:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Where is Dan Shaughnassy when you need him? Clearly Ayanna & Ice together for 4 years at UConn is really BAD for WBB.....and when you consider that they will overlap Aaliyah for 2 years, it could be absolutely terrifying for UConn opponents.
You are so spot on! A couple of real bangers on the boards with Aaliyah mentoring them for two years. Scary!

Reaction Score
Do you think she'll wear her HS #34 at UConn? From several of the previous posts her club coach's wife is two-time UConn national champ Tamika Williams who also wore #34. Good mojo in that number.

Saylor got her HS #4, Azzi will have her HS #35, and probably Amari will get her #42. Ice is #25 - all available.

Ducharme's HS #13 but Christyn has that for at least another season - it was her HS # too.

I recall that there have been previous posts about uniform numbers but I can't find them. In a program like ours it's a fun way to connect past with present.

Reaction Score
I don't know anyone on this page who ever claimed that Coach Geno "couldn't recruit anymore." Coach Geno himself remarked that he had lost out on recruits for two years running. We went into one of UConn's recruiting slumps, but not to the extent we did between Diana's recruitment and the landing of Tina Charles. Clearly, this represents one of the biggest "up" periods of recruiting we've had.

Would love to see a projected starting five plus the next two off the bench for each of the next three years!!! Too soon?...

When Brunelle went to ND, there was a poster that said Geno couldn’t recruit anymore. The Paige and Azzi were following her there. UConn would no longer get top recruits

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well gotta wonder how crazy good UConn is going to be. I dont care about SC Stanford or any other team. UConn has a talent show of players that are 2 deep at every position. They will need to be developed but look how this group developed this season . This could be the greatest roster in UConn history and its only gonna get better. We're lookin at 4-6n years of Geno coaching this group. Its simply amazin .

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
She looks powerful AND she is powerful. Last part of tape verifies the power. She push-jerks 135 lb overhead and then walks with it. :eek: Or ... You tell me how many 45 lb plates are on the bar.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
TASSK who?
Well gotta wonder how crazy good UConn is going to be. I dont care about SC Stanford or any other team. UConn has a talent show of players that are 2 deep at every position. They will need to be developed but look how this group developed this season . This could be the greatest roster in UConn history and its only gonna get better. We're lookin at 4-6n years of Geno coaching this group. Its simply amazin .

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Do you think she'll wear her HS #34 at UConn? From several of the previous posts her club coach's wife is two-time UConn national champ Tamika Williams who also wore #34. Good mojo in that number.

Saylor got her HS #4, Azzi will have her HS #35, and probably Amari will get her #42. Ice is #25 - all available.

Ducharme's HS #13 but Christyn has that for at least another season - it was her HS # too.

I recall that there have been previous posts about uniform numbers but I can't find them. In a program like ours it's a fun way to connect past with present.

See page 33 of the media guide

Reaction Score
Equally important is her strength and what appears to be a Edwards like ability to use physical contact to her advantage. With another year+ to add muscle before entering UConn, she has the ability to be very special.
You must have noticed the arms on this girl; very buff and Crystal Dangerfield like, no waif here. Her movement in a crowd is wonderful, very much like Aaliyah's. When you see a forest of opponents arms raised, & out of the center of this forest appears long arms holding the ball; a jump, a bank, 2 points, no foul. She must enjoy physical contact. Like Aaliyah, a Dr Jekyll on the court, Ms Hyde off the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom