Ayanna - “You Don’t Know Me Yet, But You Will” | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ayanna - “You Don’t Know Me Yet, But You Will”

Reaction Score
A)-do not interpret that spot as “shilling”.
B)-how would you like her to “show us” before the games even begin?
I like her gravitas.
Now she needs to back it up on the court—once the season starts.
Kinda think she will.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As many posters have said, the starters will end up being the most experienced players from last year, as Geno has done in the past.. Aaliyah, Nika, Caroline, Dorka, and Azzi. That is a no brainer, but the most interesting aspect of this years team will be the sub rotation. For the most part, these other players are the ones that we don't really know much about. How have the returning players improved, will the frosh develop into reliable components of the team, and what combinations will Geno come up with to compliment the starting five. We first have to have stability to start off each game and the forementioned five have it. What's next is going to be interesting and fun, as I believe we have some impact players that will excite us and surprise the doubters of our team. All we can do is sit back and enjoy the progression of the team, and hopefully Geno can meld these other pieces together to get our NC. He is the best coach in the land, so my money is on Geno to figure it out.
Good post BH. I agree with your starting 5. Even though Geno will have a myriad of potential combinations to choose from, I think he starts with his most experienced players. He knows what he’s going to get from them.

Then around 7 or 8 minutes into the game, the real fun begins. He starts subbing in his reserves. It will be interesting to see who is the first off the bench, and the rotation he chooses to use.

He’s got to get his reserves into the game. He can’t play his starters 40 minutes. When he puts them in and for how long will depend on several factors. The score, the team’s momentum, and how well any particular reserve plays.

If a sub gets in the game and catches fire right away (makes several plays on both ends of the court), I don’t think he’s going to be in a hurry to pull her.

You know the reserves are going to be chopping on the bit to get in the game to show Geno what they can do.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
3 weeks from today UConn plays its exhibition game against Kutztown State. I think how players perform in that closed scrimmage (in the next 10 days or so) will give Geno an idea on how to form his rotation. Hopefully He can share with us how the scrimmage went, and which players stood out and impressed him the most.

Reaction Score
I don't think we have had anyone announcing herself to the basketball world like she just did. Not Paige, Stewie, or anyone that I can recall. This is really exciting to see, now maybe she will lead the polls as the player we want to see most. LOL. Hoping she can back it up. Go Huskies.
Um, Breanna said as a freshman in entire seriousness that she was going to win 4 consecutive titles. I saw Diana Taurasi play in the HS All-America game in the Civic Center and in a courtside post-game interview I overheard her say no one could stop her from scoring.

Let's hope AP can match them.

Reaction Score
Um, Breanna said as a freshman in entire seriousness that she was going to win 4 consecutive titles. I saw Diana Taurasi play in the HS All-America game in the Civic Center and in a courtside post-game interview I overheard her say no one could stop her from scoring.

Yikes , did she say she was "Going too" or she "Wanted too" ? Either way she did it LOL

Reaction Score
How exciting is this??

7C9B267B-CE1F-4293-84E6-8678C46062F8.jpeg

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

I hope she can but I think we are dealing with a larger Aubrey. Great athletic attributes but how developed are her basketball skills. Ice Brady has a better chance of being the freshman high producer. Geno says it best.

Geno on Ayanna:
“But, Ayanna has skills that no one else on our team has athletically. Basketball-wise, there’s some work to do. In terms of just pure what she can do physically, it’s different from anybody else on our team. Hopefully, that translates to the basketball end of it. If it does, then we’ll have a pretty good player on our hands.”

Geno on Ice Brady:

Reaction Score
If Yanna plays better than Morrow this year, we might be undefeated! Morrow was truly amazing last year! I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen a more dominant freshman power forward in the women’s game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom