Ayanna - “You Don’t Know Me Yet, But You Will” | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ayanna - “You Don’t Know Me Yet, But You Will”

Reaction Score
cool video. two foot leap, one handed throw down. well played. I believe Yanna, but in the back of my mind I hear Mike Tyson, "Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth." I know Aneesah is a couple years older and experienced in the Big East wars; I wonder what she thinks of that.

Reaction Score
cool video. two foot leap, one handed throw down. well played. I believe Yanna, but in the back of my mind I hear Mike Tyson, "Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth." I know Aneesah is a couple years older and experienced in the Big East wars; I wonder what she thinks of that.

I wondered about how Patterson would adapt to the physicality of the college game. Those allstar games don't tell much but she was clearly stronger (and faster) than all of the other big talent.

Morrow has a whole bunch of UConn posts to battle, not just Patterson. Give her 25/12 and shut down the rest.

Reaction Score
Patterson is faster ,quicker and more talented than Morrow. Her true value will be on display against ranked teams, i. e. Tennessee, S. C. etc.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Ayanna is going to be exciting to watch.
Especially after she gets past the “awe” period of her freshman season (2-3 games), she becomes comfortable playing with her new teammates and in Geno’s system, and the game slows down for her.

Like all newcomers, at some point they stop thinking (and worrying about making mistakes and getting pulled) and start playing, knowing what they are supposed to do and where they are supposed to be on offense and defense.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We didn’t seem to have an answer for SC last year. I’m hoping we do this year with the Fearless Freshmen.

In the November game, we led SC by 10 or so fairly early, but we lost by double-digits after a horrible Q4. Azzi was hurt. The National Championship game was bad. Azzi was sick. We need her healthy, so she can torch the Gamecocks.

Reaction Score
Carnac, why do you assume she has the same psychological dynamics as other freshmen and not an advanced game ? Players are built differently, mentally and physically from each other.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Carnac, why do you assume she has the same psychological dynamics as other freshmen and not an advanced game ? Players are built differently, mentally and physically from each other.
I was going to attempt to answer this question, then thought better. Why I think that way is not important to anyone but me. I could spend the rest of the season defending my views on that subject with those who oppose those views. I'm not going to go down that road. I want to enjoy the upcoming season. Not enter into a season long debate.

Remember, when you read any of my comments, they are MY thoughts. This is a forum for sharing thoughts, ideas and concerns. No one else has to agree with them. No matter what you say (write or comment), there will ALWAYS be someone here that disagrees with you. That has ALWAYS been the rule here in the Boneyard. and will continue to be.

Like most other commenters, I can't be concerned how anyone that reads my comments will perceive them. If I did, I wouldn't post them.
I think I'm a reasonably fair minded person. I believe in the theory of "live and let live." We don't have to think alike to co-exist. I'm a product of MY environment. So sometimes others (from a different environments or background) are going to take issue with my takes.

Much of the time they do as I do, they simply move on to the next comment. Sometimes if a poster disagrees with a comment, I'll try and clarify it more clearly, sometimes not. I just move on and let them stew over it. All of us are full grown adults here in the yard. You're not going to change anyone's mind here, especially the older "mature" posters.

We are a tight knit group who love our UConn women basketball team. But we very seldom agree on anything. The only thing we do all agree on is that UConn needs to win another NC THIS year. I know this does not answer your question, but it will have to do. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This seems like a more complete highlight montage for Ayanna then I had seen earlier.

Something to improve? Stop putting the ball on the floor on an inside move.

Something to praise: She has a nice, soft touch on her midrange shot. With her elevation it would be an unstoppable offensive weapon. (if they go in) :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Would like to see her develop a double pump type of fake under the basket on put backs etc. She probably didn't need this in HS as she was simply too overpowering for most of her competition.

I think she is going to be something special, very, very, special. :D

Carnac

Reaction Score
What 3 players do we know are a “lead pipe lock“ cinch to start? Azzi, Caroline and Dorka? We can debate until the cows come home about the other two.

Carnac

Reaction Score
What 3 players do we know are a “lead pipe lock“ cinch to start? Azzi, Caroline and Dorka? We can debate until the cows come home about the other two.

Reaction Score

Fudd-Edwards-X-X-X.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the most likely, in order:

Azzi
Nika
Dorka
Liya
Caroline
Lou

Reaction Score
I'll respectfully go with Alydar. Fudd, Edwards. Everything else is up for grabs. Maybe Dorka, maybe Amari.
Maybe Caroline, Maybe Ayanna. Maybe Nike, Maybe Lou. Whoever, we will be outstanding! We have that much talent. Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
Patterson is faster ,quicker and more talented than Morrow. Her true value will be on display against ranked teams, i. e. Tennessee, S. C. etc.

Morrow averaged 22 & 14, shot 52% and was a second team All-American. I like Ayanna and am certainly glad she’s a Husky but let’s see what she can do on the floor before we anoint her as better than one of the most dominant freshman forwards I’ve ever seen.

Reaction Score
Said she was faster, quicker, and more talented than Morrow. Never said she was better. Morrow is their go to player. Patterson is on a loaded team, where she will be an elite complimentary player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom