Ayanna - “You Don’t Know Me Yet, But You Will” | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ayanna - “You Don’t Know Me Yet, But You Will”

Reaction Score
Dorka sits???

I don't think I said that. Dorka could well start. But there are other candidates.

Fudd is Fudd
Edwards has been trusted by Geno in big games for her first 2 years.

Reaction Score
Actually, you did say that.
Unless she changed her name to X, X or X.
A number of players may start “with” Dorka,
but you know she’s one of the starting 5.
Don’t understand your rationale.

Reaction Score
You said Dorka doesn't start? I named 2 starters. I don't think there is a lock 3. And it's not a negative. There is a load of talent that hasn't played for UConn yet. Dorka is qualified to be one of the X's, but I don't know enough about the other options to be confident.

Reaction Score
You said Dorka doesn't start? I named 2 starters. I don't think there is a lock 3. And it's not a negative. There is a load of talent that hasn't played for UConn yet. Dorka is qualified to be one of the X's, but I don't know enough about the other options to be confident.
I enjoy your posts, but the attached is weak.

Reaction Score

There is no way you can logically conclude that based on what I said.

There are five starters. I named two players I felt were locks to start and left three open spots to start. There is no way you can logically conclude that that means Dorka sits.

A=Edwards B=Fudd C=? D=? E=?

Of the five ABCDE, Juhasz cannot be A or B. She could or could not be C D or E.

My likely 5 are Muhl Fudd Ducharme Edwards and Juhasz. I think 2 of them are locks to start.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I don't think I said that. Dorka could well start. But there are other candidates.

Fudd is Fudd
Edwards has been trusted by Geno in big games for her first 2 years.
We won’t know until the exhibition game, but Dorka is in my starting 5. :) At least today she is. That might change between now and then.

Reaction Score
We won’t know until the exhibition game, but Dorka is in my starting 5. :) At least today she is. That might change between now and then.
She's in my starting 5 too, but that's not what you asked.

What 3 players do we know are a “lead pipe lock“ cinch to start? Azzi, Caroline and Dorka? We can debate until the cows come home about the other two.

I saw only 2 of those. There's just too much talent and no first hand information. I'm eager to hear what Geno says about the freshman posts. I'd like to read "very competitive" & "gives us a lot more physicality". And I'd love to read "the coaches have given both of them the green light to shoot 3's".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I almost posted in this thread thinking it was about the starting 5 LOL

Reaction Score
So Dorka makes all Big Ten Team (3X) times as well as all Big Ten Tourney Team in 2020 but can’t crack the starting lineup at UCONN in 2022?
A remarkable position for a Huskies fan to take.

Reaction Score
Ooh, ooh, ooh, I know! The obvious starters have to be the three freshmen plus Amari and Aubrey. When has Geno ever not used the starting lineup in November for experimentation?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
As many posters have said, the starters will end up being the most experienced players from last year, as Geno has done in the past.. Aaliyah, Nika, Caroline, Dorka, and Azzi. That is a no brainer, but the most interesting aspect of this years team will be the sub rotation. For the most part, these other players are the ones that we don't really know much about. How have the returning players improved, will the frosh develop into reliable components of the team, and what combinations will Geno come up with to compliment the starting five. We first have to have stability to start off each game and the forementioned five have it. What's next is going to be interesting and fun, as I believe we have some impact players that will excite us and surprise the doubters of our team. All we can do is sit back and enjoy the progression of the team, and hopefully Geno can meld these other pieces together to get our NC. He is the best coach in the land, so my money is on Geno to figure it out.

Reaction Score
I love what I see of her attitude. Several of her Husky predecessors did not have to announce themselves. The basketball world salivated and did the announcing for them. Different strokes, like Stewie signing her letter on the hood of her dad's vehicle.
DT, I'm not sure she was quite so forward with it, but DT never hid her " I'm great and I know it". She lived up to her talk.
Strewie wanted 4 NC's as an incoming frosh.
I usually say, we'll see or will you live up to your beliefs---some how, I tend to believe Ayanna. Go get em!

Reaction Score
Boys and Girls, it's not how you start, but how you finish. Ayanna, Aubrey, and Lou may see more playing time than some of the starters. This team has the talent and the depth to make adjustments throughout a game and the season.

sun

Reaction Score
I had a friend that was blind in one eye and he was able to make some really good corner shots.

Reaction Score
Such a fantastic kid, I'm so, so, rooting hard for her:

The tweet says it's her right eye that's blind, but in the video she points left when discussing her limitations and adaptations. It doesn't looked like the video is flipped, either.

Great kid, I'm rooting hard for her too!

Reaction Score
One thing I like is a player with swagger who knows their worth. Diana Taurasi says hi. :)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I don't think we have had anyone announcing herself to the basketball world like she just did. Not Paige, Stewie, or anyone that I can recall. This is really exciting to see, now maybe she will lead the polls as the player we want to see most. LOL. Hoping she can back it up. Go Huskies.
Paige and Stewie did not announce themselves in any manner. There was no reason to do so. Their skill sets did it for them. Ice will play far more minutes than Ayanna until she acquires Ice's level of ability and diverse skills.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom