Ayanna - “You Don’t Know Me Yet, But You Will” | The Boneyard

Ayanna - “You Don’t Know Me Yet, But You Will”

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I don't think we have had anyone announcing herself to the basketball world like she just did. Not Paige, Stewie, or anyone that I can recall. This is really exciting to see, now maybe she will lead the polls as the player we want to see most. LOL. Hoping she can back it up. Go Huskies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yes they will!

Damn!!! THAT’S what I want to hear from her!! Not being boastful, but confident. No magic tricks from her this year. Just consistent stellar play. Don’t ever play scared or be intimidated like some of our players did/were last year when we were held to 2 points in the first quarter against South Carolina. That’s still a very sore spot with me. :mad: None of their players came out intimidated or soft, why did ours?

Be the aggressor and take it to them!!! Don’t wait for the game to come to you! Introduce yourself to WCBB Ayanna. Let them know who you are.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She is UCONN ready! This is the attitude that UCONN thrives on. I've remarked in previous posts about UCONNs team unity and positive thinking and for a newcomer she is ready. Since I've seen this video, I will certainly be looking at her in what ever games she gets into. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Damn!!! THAT’S what I want to hear from her!! Not being boastful, but confident. No magic tricks from her this year. Just consistent stellar play. Don’t ever play scared or be intimidated like some of our players did/were last year when we were held to 2 points in the first quarter against South Carolina. That’s still a very sore spot with me. :mad: None of their players came out intimidated or soft, why did ours?

Be the aggressor and take it to them!!! Don’t wait for the game to come to you! Introduce yourself to WCBB Ayanna. Let them know who you are.
This is what I'm clamoring for too! A speed power team like someone else described. I really want to say "smash-mouth" basketball but that sounds too aggressive. I guess what I want is the shooting and passing that great UConn teams have always had, but also giving as good or better than what you get if opponents try to intimidate us.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't think we have had anyone announcing herself to the basketball world like she just did. Not Paige, Stewie, or anyone that I can recall. This is really exciting to see, now maybe she will lead the polls as the player we want to see most. LOL. Hoping she can back it up. Go Huskies.
I love what I see of her attitude. Several of her Husky predecessors did not have to announce themselves. The basketball world salivated and did the announcing for them. Different strokes, like Stewie signing her letter on the hood of her dad's vehicle.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I got that joy, joy, joy down in my soul. I can't wait to see her play. My soul is smiling brightly, and it has jumped ahead to a certain game :).
THAT game is on Feb 5 at the XL Center in Hartford. How long do you think it will take for all of those tickets to be sold once they go on sale? You know the ticket brokers will buy every one they can get their hands on. That’s one ticket they know they won’t get stuck with. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was the poster that said this team was going to be different than in recent years. The type of talent on this team equates to speed and power in all facets of the game. I also have been praising Patterson as a potential starter and being a force to deal with. Not only is she the player I want to see the most , but to prove the skeptics wrong. Conndog, thanks for the acknowledgment.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I would prefer her working on her 10-12 foot jump shot as she will Have to take more of those per game than performing dunks. Let’s be real, we need a quality offensive game from her and not just an Athlete on the floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom