JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Mine used to be from the HBO show "Watchmen", the single season of which is one of the best TV has to offer. This one is from the incredible "Black Summer" which is a jaw dropping, original take on herdism, tribalism, humanity, humanism, and survivalism. It also shows how many (as all of these type of shows do) so called type "A" personalities fall to the wayside under high stress circumstances and true leadership comes from the most unlikely of places.

Last edited:

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Mine is a picture of my once in a lifetime dog and friend Maggie Mae. Maggie was the off spring of a Lab and a sweet sniffing neighborhood Husky, all her litter mates each had one brown eye and one bright blue eye. She was the only one with 2 brown eyes. Picture taken in a hellish Georgia snow storm which dumped almost 2" of snow.

Reaction Score
Mine is the photo of the "No Bell Prize" - after docking the fast attack submarine by going to all stop at the last turn by Ford Island in Pearl Harbor, HI and brirnging her to the dock with only the rudder and outstanding line handling by the crew. It shows the bridge crew from that day on top of the sail of a submarine that has been decommisioned since then. Very much a team award, but it goes to the OOD who gives the "Bell Orders."

Engine orders are also called "Bell" orders, hence the name "No Bell Prize." As far as I know, it is the farthest out from the pier that the main engines were not used in with a LOS ANGELES class submarine docking. The XO who was on his last underway took over the Navigator duties so I could demonstrate my shiphandling skills. No one else onboard had done it on that class of submarine and was my one and only docking due to my duties as Navigator.

Reaction Score
I don't recall posting a picture for mine. Topsail3BB is actually an airport identifier in North Carolina that I use to fly into at the beach .
We are headed to NC in July to visit relatives who live about 10 minutes from Top Sail Beach.

Reaction Score
Mine is the Rupert Covered Bridge, Bloomsberg, PA. The Bridge was built in 1847 over the Fishing Creek in Bloomsberg, PA at a cost of $1637. It was named after the near by village settled by Leonard Rupert in 1788.

The "why I chose it as my Avatar" is a bit unique... When I became a Boneyarder, I chose the moniker "PAHuskeyFan," since that's where we were living,... and decided I needed an Avatar to represented something PA was known for. Well, every year, My Wife and I held a big holiday party. One of our traditions was to make a homemade holiday ornament for our guests as a "party favor" so to speak. We always tried to put a local flavor representing something in the State we were living in. It was easy to come up with something different while moving every 1 to 3 years while in the Coast Guard, but when I retired in 2007 to PA, it got more challenging. One year I did Google search for covered bridge photos and found the Rupert Bridge in winter. It was a perfect choice for that year's holiday party favor and since I had an electronic copy of the bridge photo, it was perfect for my BY Avatar. In July 2020 we moved (in the midst of COVID...what were we thinking????) to Maryland to be closer to family. I decided to keep my Boneyard name and the Avatar.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Showing my age, I grew up reading MAD magazine, cover to cover. You even had to read in the margin for a clever quip. The quote, partially hidden, "What, me worry?" is a semi-veiled reference to some BY posters who seem to worry about everything.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Now 11 years old and a decade removed from his show ring championship plaudits but still the alpha of my five-canine Golden Retriever team.
King on his throne.jpg
King on his throne.jpg

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I did my undergrad at the University of Great Falls (now the University of Providence) and we had, IMO, one of the best mascots in Jason the Argonaut. Then I went to grad school at UConn and fell in love with the wbb team. And while I love my Huskies (A LOT), my Argos will always be #1 in my book.

So my avatar showcases both mascots.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Made Las Vegas my hometown when I got married in 76. So I didn't have to pay Indiana income taxes while being stationed all over the place. Have never really thought about living anywhere else since then.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Mine was given by a mod as well. It fits the name. I had tried to get a shot of my Grands at the water but not very tech talented. Nan has offered to change it for me and I greatly appreciate the offer, but the Avatar given is perfect! My thanks to the mod who gave it.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Ireland is a great place. The golf is magnificent. The climate is perfect - rarely above 80/rarely below 40. And life revolves around the pubs...ahh for a pint of real Guinness. Mine is the Bridge Bar, one of Ireland's finest watering holes in Portmagee, County Kerry.

Reaction Score
Mine used to be from the HBO show "Watchmen", the single season of which is one of the best TV has to offer. This one is from the incredible "Black Summer" which is a jaw dropping, original take on herdism, tribalism, humanity, humanism, and survivalism. It also shows how many (as all of these type of shows do) so called type "A" personalities fall to the wayside under high stress circumstances and true leadership comes from the most unlikely of places.
Those are two great series. Maybe you just have a thing for lead actresses named King. Jamie and Regina were great in their respective roles.

Last edited:

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
With a name like Sifaka, what else could one choose for an avatar?
Around 1990, due to what I choose to remember as a delayed mid-life crisis, I spent a few weeks wandering around Madagascar, looking a lemurs and blue chameleons. At daybreak in the Berenty Reserve I awakened to the sound of a troop of sifakas. I shareed my fresh lychees with them; a good time was had by all until we had eaten all the wonderful fruit.

291ACD2F-C825-43AB-94AC-890054AA1F9E.jpeg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Mine is the emblem of the United States Marine Corps. I enlisted in 1967 and retired in 1991. I am very proud to have served and to have served specifically in the Marine Corps.
Retired in 1991? What happened to, “Once a Marine, always a Marine?”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom